hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Murray

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Overall, of course not. For that period, he was as good if not better.

It didn't, no.
    9 goals in 14 loan spell 11 in 53 when he signed. Kamberi had a stinking attitude and a stinking first touch

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Fair play to him, 18 goals playing for County is a fantastic return. When did a Hibs striker last get near that total for the season🤔 He deserves to get a contract at a bigger club.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    9 goals in 14 loan spell 11 in 53 when he signed. Kamberi had a stinking attitude and a stinking first touch
    He didn't have a bad first touch during that 6 months. He was a brilliant, complete playing during that spell.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Fair play to him, 18 goals playing for County is a fantastic return. When did a Hibs striker last get near that total for the season🤔 He deserves to get a contract at a bigger club.
    Nisbet I would think

He didn't have a bad first touch during that 6 months. He was a brilliant, complete playing during that spell.
    You must have been watching different games.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Did it seem daft when we had a record breaking second half of the season?

He had a good start, but Lennon put Shaw on before him in the last few months.
    Don't see why he had to go to make way for others. Oli Shaw was *****. I agree that second half of the season was great and was arguably the most buzzing I've ever been as a Hibs supporter heading to Easter Road with a confidence I've never had. With that it's hard to argue the need to keep him but I can't imagine he was on an astronomical wage that meant he was the difference in getting other players in.

Testimonial Due
    I see a big difference in Murray, he seems to be faster and more bulked as I remember him at Easter Road.
    His never stop attitude would be a bonus for us at the moment, our midfield could take a leaf out his book.

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    Don't see why he had to go to make way for others. Oli Shaw was *****. I agree that second half of the season was great and was arguably the most buzzing I've ever been as a Hibs supporter heading to Easter Road with a confidence I've never had. With that it's hard to argue the need to keep him but I can't imagine he was on an astronomical wage that meant he was the difference in getting other players in.
    Because we got a fee for him, that helped bring in better players. Oli Shaw wasn't bad, he was basically making his first few appearances. Scored some vital goals that season.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    His work rate and attitude puts pretty much everyone of our players to shame

You must have been watching different games.
    I agree with him fwiw.

Loan player Kamberi was deadly and competent. There was a reason we pushed the boat out to sign him permanently.

Permanent signing Kamberi was a diddy with a terrible attitude and it was painful watching the ball bouncing off him constantly

I'd take his dad back and all at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I agree with him fwiw.

Loan player Kamberi was deadly and competent. There was a reason we pushed the boat out to sign him permanently.

Permanent signing Kamberi was a diddy with a terrible attitude and it was painful watching the ball bouncing off him constantly
    Even permanent Kamberi showed flashes.

The game Doidge scored the hat trick at McDiarmid he was almost unplayable. Had a hand in all 3 goals and ran the channels brilliantly.

He suffered massively from Lennon's flat out refusal to play 2 up top the season we signed him and MacLaren permanently. There was one game he threw them both on for the last 15 minutes and it was like turning the clock back 6 months.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Not the most gifted player ever, but when he left the field today he had absolutely ran himself into the ground. That's an attitude and a commitment that we have been lacking this season. No point in being a world beater if you CBA.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Steady on now. We were told by a previous leader that Oli Shaw was the best young player in Europe

Seemed a daft decision at the time and still is. Having a great season now and is an absolute workhorse.
    I can see why we made some changes at the time and it we’ve well for us initially but I’ve always felt we should have held on to him. Would have been an important part of the squad and a great asset to have from the bench even if he wasn’t always starting.

A player that should have been retained without a doubt.
    When stokes came in permanently that season wasn’t the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Sure a barrel load of them were in the league cup groups, he’s done the same this season.

Edit: that wasn’t meant to sound like a criticism, more just an observation. Seems to love that competition.
    We will need him for that again then eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    A player that should have been retained without a doubt.
    When stokes came in permanently that season wasn’t the same player.
    What do you mean by the Stokes bit? The pair of them both joined and left the club around the same time as each other

Simon always gave us all , everyone
    . Well done Sur .

I’d take a grafter over a kamberi any day. Initially I had no argument but in my head I still felt Murray offered the team more 🤷*♂️

Simon always gave his all , every time
    . Well done Sur .

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    What do you mean by the Stokes bit? The pair of them both joined and left the club around the same time as each other
    I’m no sure tbh,I felt his demeanour changed and his style a bit. Not sure if stokes was a positive or not for Murray together in the team. I just felt his game suffered slightly from there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Steady on now. We were told by a previous leader that Oli Shaw was the best young player in Europe
    She never said that tbh. She said, in terms of goals to minutes, he was one of the best young players in Europe, which in that one very specific category, he was at the time.

I'd kill to have her back now. Wonderful CEO for this club.

I was a bit disappointed when Murray left Hibs, but it's difficult to say whether or not that was a good decision at the time.

I think you need to take into account both how much Murray has improved since he left, and how much our standard of players has regressed.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Because he bit my finger so.
    😂

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Fav Simon Murray goal for me two minutes in Hibs v Hearts Simon Murray on the edge of the box nutmegs Soapy Souttar and hammers the ball into the roof of the net just as I was taking my seat

Girls don’t like boys girls like Simon Murray

First Team Regular
    Definitely a player who has raised his performance levels this season. Shows great attitude. I would be surprised if a bigger club didn't come in and try to sign him.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    She never said that tbh. She said, in terms of goals to minutes, he was one of the best young players in Europe, which in that one very specific category, he was at the time.

I'd kill to have her back now. Wonderful CEO for this club.
    That really depends on what the metric of success for a CEO is.

She was very personable and definitely a people person.

However there were aspects of her job where its clear that she didnt deliver.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    29 games 14 goals for us, not many strikers would turn their nose up at a return like that.
    In the league for us 1 goal per 3.75 matches or there abouts. I’d probably turn my nose up at that.

For context he was 1 goal per 245 mins on the pitch for us and ALF is 1 per 163 mins
    Last edited by cocopops1875; 15-04-2024 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    That really depends on what the metric of success for a CEO is.

She was very personable and definitely a people person.

However there were aspects of her job where its clear that she didnt deliver.
    She delivered where it matters for most fans.

Took over the day after we were relegated and left us promoted, with a Scottish Cup in the cabinet, 2 top 6 finishes and a manager and squad on course for a 3rd place finish which they ultimately achieved.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years