hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Simon Murray

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s not my argument, I was just pointing out recently there’s been debate about Hallands all round game. Probably stemming from the Madrid game stat.

Well ok, but really my point is that he plays very much like an old school no9 (albeit a very, very good one) and doesn’t contribute much in terms of build up or defensive play etc

Football tactics all ever evolving, especially at the very top of the game. At some point someone will ‘reinvent’ the very old W-M formation and be hailed as a tactical genius!
    Last edited by jacomo; 20-04-2024 at 04:43 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

As pointed out already, he scored 52 goals in total and won the English Premier League, the FA Cup and the Champions League.

How much more 'elite' could you get?
    Haven't been on this thread for a few days and just went straight to last post (which was this at the time). Fair to say I was awfy confused for a second or two 🤣

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Why did we let him go?

Cos he bit my finger so!

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    Cos he bit my finger so!
    Hahaha

Liked that

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    You really went with billy mckay? When have inverness been decent? 9 years ago?
    Just another striker that scores most of his goals in the box like McLaren though club wise probably not the best examples .

Probably Haaland , Morata , Harry kane maybe ? , and up until a couple of years ago Jan Huntelaar all strikers that score their fair share of goals in around the box cause they have a poachers instinct.

Ventes a penalty box striker and not a number 10 . As the other poster said he done a good job on McGregor in a game even if it's wasn't his natural position .

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Just another striker that scores most of his goals in the box like McLaren though club wise probably not the best examples .

Probably Haaland , Morata , Harry kane maybe ? , and up until a couple of years ago Jan Huntelaar all strikers that score their fair share of goals in around the box cause they have a poachers instinct.

Ventes a penalty box striker and not a number 10 . As the other poster said he done a good job on McGregor in a game even if it's wasn't his natural position .
    Harry kane is one of the most complete forwards I've ever seen. Morata is also a good all round player.

There is a difference between scoring goals in the box and being a poacher. I agree, Vente is good in the box. He's certainly a good finisher, but games pass him by imo. We need way more from him. I'm not writing him off.

@hibs.net private member
    When Vente first joined there was a stage where every time he touched the ball he seemed to score.

Strikers are a confidence powered breed at times and I still feel like Vente getting a handful of goals Vs the bottom 6 could set him up for a good 24/25 season. Definitely not ready to write him off yet.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    When Vente first joined there was a stage where every time he touched the ball he seemed to score.

Strikers are a confidence powered breed at times and I still feel like Vente getting a handful of goals Vs the bottom 6 could set him up for a good 24/25 season. Definitely not ready to write him off yet.
    Vente could come in now and score 3 goals a game and someone would be on here saying he only scored them because it was against the lower placed teams and why didn't he do it more often

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post

I like Vente, a goalscorer. However played wrongly by NM
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    I like Vente and think he’ll become a good player for us but he has been disappointing overall this season. I hadn’t thought about it before but the comparison with Shanklands season in the prem with United is something to keep in mind, maybe Vente needs a little more time to show what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I like Vente, a goalscorer. However played wrongly by NM
    I agree with this. Monty seemed to see him more in the role marcondes is now playing. This I think is why we saw the line up as 4-4-2 which it wasn’t really, or not at all times switching between 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    Vente could come in now and score 3 goals a game and someone would be on here saying he only scored them because it was against the lower placed teams and why didn't he do it more often

It’s valid to ask why he hasn’t scored more goals this season.

Like others, I think NM has to take some responsibility for not getting the best out of him.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Like others, I think NM has to take some responsibility for not getting the best out of him.
    Absolutely its valid.

Vente is prob as disappointed as anyone. 21 league goals last season, 25 the season before. He’ll not see this season as one that’s gone well for him.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Simon Murray as our No 9, Ian Murray as Head Coach.

All we need now is David Murray as the CEO and Andy Murray as a Fitness Coach.
    We could relocate to Murrayfield.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

There was a period where he wasn’t used properly but he could have still offered more in that time IMO.

I think the price tag has enhanced his abilities in peoples minds. I know the Scottish Premiership isn’t La Liga or the Premier League but it’s harder to score goals here than it is in the Dutch second division, I think it’s overlooked where he’s come from both in terms of standard and the fact that the style is completely different.

I think there is something there to work with but he’s going to need to do a hell of a lot more if he’s to be our centre forward next year for me.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    We could relocate to Murrayfield.
    That’s a mint idea.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Of course it is but you also need to play to players strengths, he was more of a midfielder than our midfield at times this season, get him fit and playing in the shape we are now and see how he gets on. He clearly has something so it's up to the coaching staff to get the best out of him

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    That’s a mint idea.
    Here come the pun drops.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    That’s a mint idea.
    It would be all very well having a nice big stadium but no point if the manager can't get the tictacs right.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It would be all very well having a nice big stadium but no point if the manager can't get the tictacs right.
    As evidenced by Montgomery being hopoloss.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.