This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are who I think you are...then you know who I am
    What if he knows who YOU are but hes not who YOU think he is

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Players love an excuse.

Every time a manager gets the sack you get a wee initial reaction. Then you hear all the usual chat you mention. Then they revert to type and get the next on the sack.

I’d clear out as much as possible. It’s two in one season they’ve let down, even if neither of the two they’ve let down we’re perfect.
    We’re turning into post Fergie Man United. Too much power to a distinctly poor squad with a bunch of them getting very good wages for not giving much to the team, and a tendency to throw toys out of the pram when they decide they don’t like a manager.

Sack another manager and it just reinforces that a bit of moaning and the club will get another fall guy in.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Yes I seen your post on PM board however I have no reason to not believe the people I’ve spoken too.

He’s certainly ruffled a few feathers, the right ones in my opinion but on the whole he’s largely liked.

There’s going to be massive changes whether he stays or not and it’s about time. I’d like to see him get the chance to see them through as I believe he can be very successful but equally bottom six is a poor return.

I feel for him as some of the squad are just not able to do what he wants consistently and he’s told some that.
    No problem. I’ve no reason not believe what I’ve been told either.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    He wants them to control the game (like we did at Tynie), he wants players who can play the ball quicker, make simple 5/10 yard passes and attack whilst playing with heart and passion.

How often did we misplace passes yesterday, how often did we shirk challenges yesterday and how about not closing down their only shot on target.

That’s not his fault. He’s got plenty wrong but he’s learning quickly unfortunately he may not get the opportunity to take us forward but thankfully a lot of the players will be out on their backsides too.

The transformation will be startling.

i remember one player pulling out a challenge in the 2nd half

can't remember if i mentioned it or not on the match thread

Some don’t like the truth.
    Monty been telling some home truths?

Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    What if he knows who YOU are but hes not who YOU think he is
    Stop confusing me. Now I'm not sure who I am

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Players not like them/moaning about training?

I really dislike that about players. A new manager comes in and it’s always “the intensity is higher, really good sessions, loads of information, clear way of playing” etc

Couple of losses and all of a sudden they dislike them
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Stop confusing me. Now I'm not sure who I am
    Who is anyone, we're all just constructs of one's and zeros in a giant super computer!

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biffo View Post
    I do.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I feel that he's in a great position to revamp this squad and make it his own.

He played half a season with another managers squad and should be given more time to get together his own players.

There's no doubt going to be a big turnover in players in/out and given the recruitment that was done in Jan, I'm excited to see what happens over the summer.

I do think someone from the club should be coming out and saying he's here long term or he's not.

If they are going to replace him, they need to act now.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
    He played half a season with someone else’s players, then got some of his own in, with huge pedigree, and the results have got even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This is also where I am. I accept there have been issues but it’s not as bad as many on here would have you believe.
    This is a wind up surely ? Since January we’ve probably had the most expensive squad wages wise outwith the old firm. Hes done nothing to deserve any longer

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    That PLZ clip they put up an hour or so ago has really pissed me off.

Going on about the club (not him) failing to make the top six, progressing in the cups to a good level (beat Forfar (just) and ICT). How as a club we have to look back to the start of the season and before pre-season on how we've ended up in this position.

Take some ****ing responsibility man!!

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    This is a wind up surely ? Since January we’ve probably had the most expensive squad wages wise outwith the old firm. Hes done nothing to deserve any longer
    Opinions!

There have been times when I watched hibs where I felt things were much worse. I am thinking calderwood, fenlon, butcher and maloney in more recent times. Miller (although there we’re good spells in amongst the bad) and auld going further back.

Opinions!

There have been times when I watched hibs where I felt things were much worse. I am thinking calderwood, fenlon, butcher and maloney in more recent times. Miller (although there we’re good spells in amongst the bad) and auld going further back.
    You think things were worse under Maloney ? It’s hard to put a case for there being any difference and Maloney could only dream of having the forward options available to him that Monty has had.

I’m not sure if I want him to stay or go but watching arsenal and I wondered how many arsenal fans wanted him sacked after his first season

I think maybe give him more time he has inherited quite a few players that previous managers have brought in and are obviously not good enough

We’re all disappointed being bottom six but we’re not getting relegated so give him a chance at least next season to see if he can build something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    You think things were worse under Maloney ? It’s hard to put a case for there being any difference and Maloney could only dream of having the forward options available to him that Monty has had.
    Things were much worse under maloney. There have only been two years where I have not been sure about renewing my season ticket. Maloney was one, fenlon the other.

Things were much worse under maloney. There have only been two years where I have not been sure about renewing my season ticket. Maloney was one, fenlon the other.
    Each to their own. Personally I don’t see it at all.

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    This isn't a statement of wanting Nick to stay but I wonder what the board are up to and what involvement Foley has in all this.
    Foley wants a manager who will develop players and get them ready for premier league football. So I can only assume (if indeed Nick stays) it's because they ( the board) believe he is the best option for this.
    From what I've seen regarding myziane (and it a very short extend tavares I think maybe he's the preferred choice.

Personally I don't like they way we have lay down to the opposition under our current manager. I want to see fight but maybe this is the way of the modern game? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    An argument for keeping him? He’s not had enough time, he’s had to use another managers players etc etc

Why should he go? Well he should never have been given the job in the first place. A massive gamble bringing someone half way around the world who doesn’t know this league.
    It stinks of “the next Postacoglu” and the people charged with bringing him having delusions of grandeur.

This club is bang in trouble because of those same people who have sold our club down the river.

We now can’t have any kind of stability in our squad going forward because we’re expected to play loan players.

I look over the road to see our neighbours doing things properly. Buying up good quality players from opposition clubs both strengthening with players who’ll hit the ground running because they know this league and whilst doing so weakening the opposition by taking their best players.

This is the format I’d like to see us try, rather than paying huge sums of money for players that don’t know this league.
    Your blaming everyone and using our neighbours as a good example, however you do realise that their support continue to raise funds to support their ambitions and they put us to shame in raising money but i don't hear you taking any responsibility on that cause!! we are are hurting and no deccent manager worth his salt would touch us right now as know we are a poisoned chalice, we could get Sir Alex Fergusin in and he would not achieve what we want in half a season, and we would sack him.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeshibs View Post
    Your blaming everyone and using our neighbours as a good example, however you do realise that their support continue to raise funds to support their ambitions and they put us to shame in raising money but i don't hear you taking any responsibility on that cause!! we are are hurting and no deccent manager worth his salt would touch us right now as know we are a poisoned chalice, we could get Sir Alex Fergusin in and he would not achieve what we want in half a season, and we would sack him.
    No decent manager would touch us ? Really ? Did that end with Monty then or are you including him as one of them ?

I would bet that Sir Alex Ferguson would have had this team [or the Aberdeen team we are about to compete against] comfortably in the Top 6...
    Last edited by Is It On....; 14-04-2024 at 06:58 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Na. This is worse than Maloney imo.

I renewed under Maloney. Not a chance I’m buying a ST if NM is in charge next season.

@hibs.net private member
    Pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Is he still in the job? Nonsense if he is.
    He ain’t going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Na. This is worse than Maloney imo.

I renewed under Maloney. Not a chance I’m buying a ST if NM is in charge next season.
    That'll come as a relief to Monty and a few of the rest of us! 😋. We all know you'll be back when things come good next season.

Like a poster above says, I expect him to stay and as we support our team, surely you'd want to support hibs regardless of who's in charge?

Sure this season has been poor overall, but we're not 5 year olds who have a strop surely??

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    That'll come as a relief to Monty and a few of the rest of us! . We all know you'll be back when things come good next season.

Like a poster above says, I expect him to stay and as we support our team, surely you'd want to support hibs regardless of who's in charge?

Sure this season has been poor overall, but we're not 5 year olds who have a strop surely??
    Are you new to Internet football forums?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

'S' Form
    All I can say is remember Alex Ferguson, he should have been sacked at Man utd initially, remember, they kept him and look what happened then....Not saying Monty is Fergie, but give the man a chance.

I do. Couple of strong defenders, an outstanding striker and as mentioned in other threads exemplary team leadership, with Kensell gone too, and we're good to go. Easy peasy ;) Glory Glory.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Was genuinely interested to see what reasons were going to be put forward by those who wanted him to stay. Three pages in, I’m still not sure if I’ve seen a proper one.

We’ve played quite well on occasions, we’re not as bad as some are making out, and we could appoint worse, are really thin gruel.

I note that another poster had said that he’s in an ideal position to rebuild the squad this summer. I believe the club is in an ideal position to have a huge rebuild, but I think a new manager should be part of that.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I think he really needs to have a fantastic run in the bottom 6 to survive. If he can’t do that then we should be looking to replace him.
    After the jan window closed I looked at the squad assembled and the fixtures we had till now. We really should have been top 6 easily and anything else was failure. We aren’t and that should really be enough but giving him the rest of the season to redeem himself won’t do any harm.
    Last edited by greenlex; 14-04-2024 at 07:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    That'll come as a relief to Monty and a few of the rest of us! 😋. We all know you'll be back when things come good next season.

It’ll come as a relief that fans have no interest in coming to watch the utterly dreadful stuff his team delivers?

I’ll always support Hibs. I’ve no interest in spending the large sums of money, and spending the large amounts of time involved on a Nick Montgomery Hibs team. The crowds the rest of this season will reflect that I’m far from alone in thinking that. And that’s not the actions of a 5 year old having a strop. Thats the actions of an adult who is watching a team that is offering absolutely zero enjoyment and deciding not to spend their money or time on it.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 14-04-2024 at 07:56 PM.