hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Who wants Monty to stay? And why?

Title says it all really… who wants Monty to stay and what’s your reasons why? Genuinely interested to hear people’s views. For what it is worth, I don’t want him to stay and see no reason as to why he should stay after yesterday. That was the nail in the coffin which already should’ve been nailed a long time ago imo.

Really don’t have the energy to go into facts about it all but it’s been stated on here already about the wins we have had under him in the games he has managed us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Short thread?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I don't really care either way. Idiots in charge won't hire any better.

Michael Stewart.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hearts supporters

I’m really in two minds.

One minute I want him to stay - He’s got an idea how he wants to play and when it comes off it’s good. However I’ve been thinking is the reason it’s coming off now just because he’s got better players such as Myziane?

A huge concern for me is that me keep him on and don’t keep Myziane (no chance he’ll stay) and we’re back to Tavares or similar on the left.

There’s always the “what if” we sign a good centre back or two. We do seem to limit other teams to little opportunities now but for whatever reason they’re all going in.

Do we use the ‘stats’ and replace Marshall and the two centre halves and hope the tide turns. Another thing we need is a centre forward that can score, Vente has about 5 league goals.

Then I think I wonder what hearts, Aberdeen etc are thinking. They’ll all be desperate for Monty to stay.

I do.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I feel that he's in a great position to revamp this squad and make it his own.

He played half a season with another managers squad and should be given more time to get together his own players.

There's no doubt going to be a big turnover in players in/out and given the recruitment that was done in Jan, I'm excited to see what happens over the summer.

I do think someone from the club should be coming out and saying he's here long term or he's not.

If they are going to replace him, they need to act now.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Biffo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I feel that he's in a great position to revamp this squad and make it his own.

He played half a season with another managers squad and should be given more time to get together his own players.

There's no doubt going to be a big turnover in players in/out and given the recruitment that was done in Jan, I'm excited to see what happens over the summer.

I do think someone from the club should be coming out and saying he's here long term or he's not.

It's the job of the manager to get the best out of the players. He accepted the job knowing he had capable players that LJ did better with. I think he needs replaced.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I do.

I’m in the same boat as you for similar reasons.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I’m in the same boat as you for similar reasons.
    This is also where I am. I accept there have been issues but it’s not as bad as many on here would have you believe.

I wanted him to stay but I've changed my mind and it's been nothing to do with results.

There were so many people on here with a deep insinctive knowledge for the game who knew he would be no good. I feel massively ashamed for ever doubting them, and humbled to say they were right all along and will never question their judgement on footballing matters again.

They way I see it now is that we're dammed if we do dammed if we don't. I sincerely doubt that with our track record of binning managers anyone who'll give us the quick and sustained improvement (ie; McInnes) will go anywhere near this club.

I'm open to him staying. In the sense that he will have a full pre season and summer window to sign the players he wants. That's probably only based on the fact that he managed to deliver success in Australia.

There's been periods of good football. We went to tiny and generally controlled the game so there has been spells or sightings of how he can have us playing good attacking and aggressive football but not nearly enough

As a poster says above, if he's going I'd like the club to action that today or tomorrow. They will have a fair idea now whether he's who they see implementing the huge summer rebuild and 5 games against bottom 6 clubs shouldn't change things too much in that sense

Hibs eh? Love and hate them in equal measures at times. But they're our club. And we'll persevere

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I do.

Kind of where i am. Would like to see him given the chance to revamp the squad and have a full preseason. Think substantial investment in defence and goalie and midfield and we would be decent. Think times you need to step back review and a wee bit of patience rather than ripping it up and starting again. Realise others have different opinions.

I do.

Are you who I think you are?

An argument for keeping him? He’s not had enough time, he’s had to use another managers players etc etc

Why should he go? Well he should never have been given the job in the first place. A massive gamble bringing someone half way around the world who doesn’t know this league.
    It stinks of “the next Postacoglu” and the people charged with bringing him having delusions of grandeur.

This club is bang in trouble because of those same people who have sold our club down the river.

We now can’t have any kind of stability in our squad going forward because we’re expected to play loan players.

I look over the road to see our neighbours doing things properly. Buying up good quality players from opposition clubs both strengthening with players who’ll hit the ground running because they know this league and whilst doing so weakening the opposition by taking their best players.

This is the format I’d like to see us try, rather than paying huge sums of money for players that don’t know this league.

I do.

Same here for similar reasons too . 👍

@hibs.net private member
    I'm open to him staying too but mostly because I have no confidence we will choose anyone better. Like Maloney though his style of football bores me senseless. I have no real interest in winning the possession battle. If he had kept playing 442 I would have wanted rid but he changed as it wasn't working. He has had a single window and that was the Christmas one so has not had a great deal of chance to improve us with signings. The signings he did bring in have mostly been good. He also now has the best part of experience in the Scottish top league and a blind man should be able to see that possession is very over-rated in this league. If we go for McInnes or Robinson then fair enough but I would rather stick than twist on another manager from outside Scotland with very little knowledge of how the game is played here

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    That could depend a lot on who you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    An argument for keeping him? He’s not had enough time, he’s had to use another managers players etc etc

Why should he go? Well he should never have been given the job in the first place. A massive gamble bringing someone half way around the world who doesn’t know this league.
    It stinks of “the next Postacoglu” and the people charged with bringing him having delusions of grandeur.

This club is bang in trouble because of those same people who have sold our club down the river.

We now can’t have any kind of stability in our squad going forward because we’re expected to play loan players.

I look over the road to see our neighbours doing things properly. Buying up good quality players from opposition clubs both strengthening with players who’ll hit the ground running because they know this league and whilst doing so weakening the opposition by taking their best players.

This is the format I’d like to see us try, rather than paying huge sums of money for players that don’t know this league.
    Maolida doesn't know this league and he's a class player who is now our top scorer. NMW equally doesn't know the league but he's slotted on very well. I disagree it's about knowing the league and more about getting the right players in the right position. Loads of examples over the years of players who we expected to be good as they knew the league but flopped and vice versa

I do.

I agree. Results haven't been good enough but performances haven't been as awful as folk saying. I do believe he has the potential to be a good manager. Could file under heckingbottom who went on to become a good manager after leaving us.

The board will have a good sense of whether Monty is the best fit for the club. Short term underachievement doesn't always equate to incapable of doing the job.

Club do need to make a statement though to quit the level of toxicity.

That could depend a lot on who you are?

If you are who I think you are...then you know who I am

Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    Maolida doesn't know this league and he's a class player who is now our top scorer. NMW equally doesn't know the league but he's slotted on very well. I disagree it's about knowing the league and more about getting the right players in the right position. Loads of examples over the years of players who we expected to be good as they knew the league but flopped and vice versa
    NMW looks like he’s going to be a success. Great I’m delighted with that and I really like him.

Maolida isn’t our player and we have no idea whether he’ll be here next season ( probably not ) and we also have no idea what other loans might turn up next season.
    This in my opinion isn’t the best way to go about building a squad of players with so much uncertainty.

Pinching players from your opponents, you know exactly what you’re getting.

If you are who I think you are...then you know who I am
    Does anyone really know anyone? Maybe we are all just in a simulation.......the Matrix is real!

Does anyone really know anyone? Maybe we are all just in a simulation.......the Matrix is real!

You are definitely who I think you are

He’s not Michael Beale’s Hibs.net burner account, is he?

I do.

I agree the man has had one transfer window that's not enough

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I wanted him to stay but I've changed my mind and it's been nothing to do with results.

There were so many people on here with a deep insinctive knowledge for the game who knew he would be no good. I feel massively ashamed for ever doubting them, and humbled to say they were right all along and will never question their judgement on footballing matters again.

They way I see it now is that we're dammed if we do dammed if we don't. I sincerely doubt that with our track record of binning managers anyone who'll give us the quick and sustained improvement (ie; McInnes) will go anywhere near this club.
    😄

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    I agree the man has had one transfer window that's not enough

One transfer window yes, have you not seen enough?

I would be happy for him to go - failing to get top 6 should be a disqualification for any Hibs manager. But we have had too many managers lately and none of them have had the time to build a team (whether they could have is of course a very valid question).

But also not gutted if he stays. I think there has been extenuating circumstances, and he had a good window over winter. I think he probably would have a good summer, but he would also have to improve his game intelligence and ability to close down a game when we're leading. If he could do that we would be comfortably in the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    One transfer window yes, have you not seen enough?
    I'm in favour of giving a manager 3 transfer windows I know it won't happen as I think the black knights will appoint there manager and revamp the football department