hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Don't really care, won't be making the long trek up for the rest of the season as I don't feel that connected to the current version of Hibs and yesterday just sums up our entire seasons effort and the type of offering we have on the pitch just now.

We probably have more directors than Dundee, St Mirren and Kilmarnock have players but they've managed to look more like a football club with an eye on what is happening on the pitch than we have.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to finish 7th to maximise the amount of money we can make.

But I don’t care one little bit about watching us.

None of this pissing about waiting until the summer to start fixing things. It’s clear the manager is done, get the change made and get the new manager in to get a proper look at them. None of this clean slate pish in the summer which might well end with another League Cup embarrassment.

Last part is big for me.

I'm sick of players being given 3rd, 4th and 5th chances. Clean slates is the biggest myth in football. Any incoming manager should already have done their research into the squad and watched numerous games to sus out who's good enough and who's not. I don't want to see the team line come out for our first group game and see the likes of Tavares, Campbell and Doyle Hayes on the team sheet.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    Surely beating livi, so that's at least 1 win to look forward to!!
    If Livi start the game against us the way they did at Tynecastle yesterday you can score that win off the list. No way would we come back and win the game if that was the case

For those of us that are actually planning to go to the remaining games (I'll be at 4 of them), it would be nice if the team decided to make up for earlier let downs and give us some entertainment.

Regardless of where we finish in the league, the fans turn up hoping to watch their team actually win matches.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Looking forward to better weather and getting back out on the golf course. I’ll be back in my seat next season but the St Johnstone game was the final straw for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    There's a lot of emotion running high again. It's not that simple.

Cadden needs games and deserves games as part of his recovery. That's just one case. Players getting lower wages will not end well - losing appearance money en masse, possible win and goal bonuses etc. That'll win them round. Whatever we all feel and think wholesale changes ain't happening and a fair proportion of the squad will be here in July.

We need to start building for July now not chucking 5 games on an experiment borne from frustration...and any new potential manager will be watching on.
    Win bonuses ! 🤑

Frankly I don’t give a **** if these players take home is impacted, that is fully on them , and a direct consequence of their piss poor performances all season.

Win them round? Are the players in the huff and needing to be won round?

We need to be shipping out as many as we possibly can, not trying to entice them to stay !!

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Win bonuses ! 🤑

Frankly I don’t give a **** if these players take home is impacted, that is fully on them , and a direct consequence of their piss poor performances all season.

Win them round? Are the players in the huff and needing to be won round?

We need to be shipping out as many as we possibly can, not trying to entice them to stay !!
    It's not enticing anything. Like i said, emotions running high and conversations are maybe best for another time.

Many have lucrative contracts who can pick them up for as long as they run, whether on the bench or sent to Coventry. And we cant replace them until they do. So we either try to get the best from then or we write them off.

Players have all the power and that's why managers are in an embarrassing revolving door of dismissal. But if we think dropping them all for 5 games is going to improve things its not. And we can't get rid of them all.

Anyhow, I'm off to do something outdoors as there's mair to life than Hibs

First Team Regular
    Don’t care. It was already dull when we actually had something to play for. Ditch Monty, get somebody else in, and let’s start building for next season. This season ended yesterday for us in any meaningful terms.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Don't care about results.

If we use the next few weeks to bring in a proper manager so that we're ready for the start of next season I'll be delighted.

The prospect of NM leaving is the most positive thing to happen this season.

It was grim starting with LJ, got worse losing our opening fixtures, then the real WTF moment came when we appointed NM.

From then it was a simply a countdown to when he get fired. We're almost there and can begin to dream of things improving.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Going to the pub before the game and staying there and not actually going to the game is acceptable for the rest of the season

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Bottom 6 is not acceptable when you look at who made the top 6. We have had a frankly brutal season

Compare our budget to St Mirrens, Dundee and Kilmarnock and its embarrassing we are bottom 6.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    This is exactly what I think Monty will do and we end up 8th or 9th.
    And then he'll point to giving youngsters some game time as being a positive thing he did.

Hope he doesn't. It would just be chucking them under the bus.

I have zero interest in the outcome of any of these games.

Are any young players we have who are of interest not out on loan?

The only thing that’s of interest at Hibs over the next few months is what happens off the park as we reshape the squad with our presumably reduced budget.

It might be a struggle to fill the bus for remaining away fixtures, think a lot have now chucked it
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Going to the pub before the game and staying there and not actually going to the game is acceptable for the rest of the season
    only 1 decent away game in our last 5 ross county and knowing us we will be playing them on midweek fixture
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

A few weekends away in a hopefully drier spring, and Hibs can wait till next season.

Nothing is acceptable, the season is over with 5 dead rubber's to play out.

Some things should be done, 5 games for Murray Johnson. Any loan players that aren't being kept on/potentially kept on sent back, including Myziane, Marcondes and Triantis. Hopefully there is a chance to keep Myziane.

Game time for youngsters

Plans made for next season - new manager, signings etc

The Season is over nothing to play for Bloid some youngsters No point in playing players who won’t be here next season
    it wouldn’t matter if we win all five Means nothing now

Despite having a season ticket and through habit have bought one for next season, the only acceptable thing that could happen is getting rid of the manager. Out of all the many years I’ve been going I’m struggling to remember a more boring time going to Easter Road and I won’t be back again this season.

As long as we don’t get dragged into the relegation zone, I have absolutely no interest in any of the games we have left. We have to completely reboot the football side ASAP and get the fans behind our next manager.

The season is over. I won’t be in attendance at any of the remaining games.

I hope the empty seats sends a message to the higher ups.

This is not just a business or a commodity to be played with.

We don’t really care that much about HTC or any of the other infrastructure you care to plough your money into.

We care about watching the team on the park.

Get that right and people will come.
    Last edited by Greensunshine; 14-04-2024 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNor View Post
    Play some of the youngsters. Get rid of Montgomery and prepare our football operations for next season. Hunt for a new manager and DoF.
    In a nutshell.🤞

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Play Vente. Minimum 4 goals or bin him. Non of this service rubbish.

Don't play the ones who have proven themselves to be mince like Levitt, Marshall.

Get Lewis to 600.

Otherwise who cares.
    Defo play lewis and Paul to end of season and give them a great send off

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    For me 5 wins out of 5 Monty keeps his job and told must do better and top 6 comfortably throughout entire season is minimum acceptable.
    4 wins out of 5 with either 1 draw or a fighting defeat Monty keeps his job but is on notice that top 6 is non negotiable it is an absolute requirement.
    Anything else Monty goes.
    Really? There is no run of results now that should allow him to keep his job. He has been horrific. If he stays then next season can be written off now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Be absolute insanity to give Montgomery any longer. I don't think there's any chance that will happen thankfullt He'll be gone by Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

I was struggling attending before our fate was sealed

If anyone who needs an extra ticket for fans who can’t afford etc

Message me happy to give my ticket away

If anything I hope Lewis gets the chance to take him to 600. He needs 3 appearances so surely to god they realise this.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    It might be a struggle to fill the bus for remaining away fixtures, think a lot have now chucked it

Not many are paying £28 for Ross County away plus travel on top of that, and who can blame them.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    It basically doesn’t matter, season is over, the games are now pointless. Any improvement in performance is meaningless as there is nothing to play for, when it mattered we didn’t do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Not many are paying £28 for Ross County away plus travel on top of that, and who can blame them.
    The hardcore diehards will still be there
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I think the owners are in for a shock when they see the amount of people actually turning up for these games. They've already got the dough for the vast amount of people who will actually turn up.