hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IF he stays, and that's a big if. I wouldn't be surprised to see action taken today or tomorrow then bare minimum is 13 points with at least 2 victories by 2 or more goals

Basically 70 mins each game mirroring the opening 20 vs livi recently. Unlikely but that's my minimum requirements for NM staying

2. Log in to remove the advert

Bearing in mind the current score at County just making sure we don't end up in the play-offs is the priority.

Yesterday could actually turn out to be a big point as I don't personally see us picking up many, if any, wins. Apart from maybe Livi who would you actually be confident of us beating?

Season is finished for me. Qualifying for Europe is success. Top 6 and missing out can possibly be mitigated for an improving team under a new manager. Bottom six is failure and wins now won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Season is finished for me. Qualifying for Europe is success. Top 6 and missing out can possibly be mitigated for an improving team under a new manager. Bottom six is failure and wins now won't change that.
    This is where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Bearing in mind the current score at County just making sure we don't end up in the play-offs is the priority.

Yesterday could actually turn out to be a big point as I don't personally see us picking up many, if any, wins. Apart from maybe Livi who would you actually be confident of us beating?
    Any of them really.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Play Vente. Minimum 4 goals or bin him. Non of this service rubbish.

Don't play the ones who have proven themselves to be mince like Levitt, Marshall.

Get Lewis to 600.

Otherwise who cares.
    What mark is Stevenson on now?
    Wouldn't mind switching Obita to LCH to help make it happen.
    Or at least get him off the bench a few times to get to the 600.

I just don’t understand why keeping him is positive

Knives are already out

He could win five out of five In the split as the damage has already been done then lose three first games next season and we will be demanding he leaves.

Put him and us out our misery asap

Fresh start

El del

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    For me 5 wins out of 5 Monty keeps his job and told must do better and top 6 comfortably throughout entire season is minimum acceptable.
    4 wins out of 5 with either 1 draw or a fighting defeat Monty keeps his job but is on notice that top 6 is non negotiable it is an absolute requirement.
    Anything else Monty goes.
    Nope, NM needs to go now so that a new Manager can get some games under his belt before the transfer window. We can't afford to have another manager having to play half a season with someone else's players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    I just don’t understand why keeping him is positive

Knives are already out

He could win five out of five In the split as the damage has already been done then lose three first games next season and we will be demanding he leaves.

Put him and us out our misery asap

Fresh start

El del
    And what if the appointment isn't one that the support would choose, and he has a poor start? Knives would be out then too

Look at the mess that has been Watford and Chelsea. Sacking managers at will, being replaced by guys with pedigree who go on to underperform. I'd say that Chelsea finishing 8th or wherever they end up is worse than us not making top 6. Should they sack him and start again??

Id suggest they see the error of past impatience and are now trying to rebuild with a clear out rumoured. Why would we continue to make similar mistakes in sacking so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I really do not care.
    You really should...... we could easily end up in the play off place. I am starting feel it's coming. I mean a part from Livi has Monty beat any of them. Don't see much to be over confident about. I don't think we are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    We've won 9 games all season, no way we're winning 5 out of 5. Even if we somehow did win 5, it's too late and all pressure is off. The board have surely😜 realised this was possibly coming and done some work at looking for a replacement. SDG till end of season. Move Monty on now imho.

As somebody pointed out yesterday, our last 4 games were Ross County away, Sevco away, St Johnstone home, Motherwell away. We didn't win any of them with a record of 0-2-2 so the chances of winning even 3 out of the remaining 5 games seems a bit remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Nope, NM needs to go now so that a new Manager can get some games under his belt before the transfer window. We can't afford to have another manager having to play half a season with someone else's players.
    Are you really expecting us to appoint a new manager to start in the next 2 weeks to prepare for our next competitive games which will be LC qualifiers in mid July ?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Are you really expecting us to appoint a new manager to start in the next 2 weeks to prepare for our next competitive games which will be LC qualifiers in mid July ?
    Exactly, nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Exactly, nonsensical.
    I don’t think it is, unless we wanted someone who is in a job that they’re unlikely to leave before the end of the season.

When McInnes went in to Aberdeen he took over for the last 5 league games, similar position to us in the bottom six. He didn’t need to take over then but he wanted to get a look at what he had with a view to getting ahead of things for the following season. He went on to win a trophy that season and get manager of the year.

The biggest blocker to us getting a new manager is that we don’t currently need one. And I don’t think we will yet. But if we did, I don’t think it would be nonsensical to get someone in for the remaining games, if it was possible, rather than waiting to let them discover things when next season is underway (which it will be very early thanks to our efforts this season).

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Who cares

Seasons done

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Exactly, nonsensical.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I don’t think it is, unless we wanted someone who is in a job that they’re unlikely to leave before the end of the season.

When McInnes went in to Aberdeen he took over for the last 5 league games, similar position to us in the bottom six. He didn’t need to take over then but he wanted to get a look at what he had with a view to getting ahead of things for the following season. He went on to win a trophy that season and get manager of the year.

The biggest blocker to us getting a new manager is that we don’t currently need one. And I don’t think we will yet. But if we did, I don’t think it would be nonsensical to get someone in for the remaining games, if it was possible, rather than waiting to let them discover things when next season is underway (which it will be very early thanks to our efforts this season).
    I would say if we are to get a new manager then ASAP this season is absolutely the most sensible time for them to start. This would allow them to get their feet under the desk, settle in, assess the squad and make preperations for ins and outs for next season. This is only of course if we have a preferred candidate who might be available right now - i e Alex Neil, Michael O Neil.

If we wanted someone like McInnes then of course it would have to wait until they finish their business this season.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 15-04-2024 at 11:37 AM.

Easter Road will be empty. Completely burst our season. We’ll probably draw 4 out of 5 and beat Livingston.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    As long as we can avoid the play off spot then I’m not that bothered either way what happens. Largely meaningless kicks abouts.

Happy to park this season to one side early and just forget about it till the summer.

Yes, if we want to hit the ground running at the beginning of next season then a new manager needs to be appointed ASAP. Otherwise we start another season with a new manager experimenting with what he's inherited and having to wait until the next transfer window to strengthen how he sees fit. This season is a dud, we need to be preparing for next and that starts now.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Exactly. We need to stop reacting and start acting.

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    Easter Road will be empty. Completely burst our season. We’ll probably draw 4 out of 5 and beat Livingston.
    Not quite empty. I am going along to boo them.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    I'd take that, but it's a bit fanciful, there's no chance of Hibs being undefeated in the last 5 games.

@hibs.net private member
    Doubt I’ll be at the games, only if I’ve nothing else on. Don’t think I could even bring myself to congratulate the team on a strong end to the season, damage is done for me this season, any uplift in performance is too little too late for me personally. Hopefully a ‘another’ re-build and blind optimism will improve my mood over the summer.

@hibs.net private member hibsfan7's Avatar
    Win every game

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    We are now limbo for the remaining fixtures. We can’t go down and we have nothing to play for. I would therefore just hope to see some entertaining fitba. Hibs have been a difficult watch this season; at this stage release the hand brake and tell the players to go and enjoy it. At least give us that.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Nothing. We messed up big time.

It isn’t just one of the worst seasons in recent memory is was also the most frustrating.

Now that we have the Black Knight resources we’ve ran out of excuses. Right now we can’t compete with the St Mirrens, Dundee’s and Kilmarnocks of this world. We’d currently need an English premiership resources to get near Hearts and Man City ones to pass the OF.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Nothing. We messed up big time.

It isn’t just one of the worst seasons in recent memory is was also the most frustrating.

Now that we have the Black Knight resources we’ve ran out of excuses. Right now we can’t compete with the St Mirrens, Dundee’s and Kilmarnocks of this world. We’d currently need an English premiership resources to get near Hearts and Man City ones to pass the OF.
    Thanks for cheering me up, Dashing Bob Nietzsche. A bit of Hibs nihilism to bring us all face to face with reality. What is the point of kicking a ball around in a meaningless universe?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

As long as we beat Jimmy Thelins ABBA dean he is only here for the money money money

@hibs.net private member
    Don’t think anything Hibs can do between now and the end of the season that will make this season acceptable.
    I can’t make either of the last two home games and for me the season is over.
    Roll on season 24/25 and another fresh start. Things can only get better but attracting quality players to come play in league cup qualifying games, at places like Cowdenbeath, is a tough ask.

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Don’t think anything Hibs can do between now and the end of the season that will make this season acceptable.
    I can’t make either of the last two home games and for me the season is over.
    Roll on season 24/25 and another fresh start. Things can only get better but attracting quality players to come play in league cup qualifying games, at places like Cowdenbeath, is a tough ask.
    Agreed. I'll go to the home games for the day or & maybe an away game - I'll be content as long as we avoid relegation.

No confidence that we'll win any of the remaining games.