hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar

What is acceptable for the rest of the season.

For me 5 wins out of 5 Monty keeps his job and told must do better and top 6 comfortably throughout entire season is minimum acceptable.
    4 wins out of 5 with either 1 draw or a fighting defeat Monty keeps his job but is on notice that top 6 is non negotiable it is an absolute requirement.
    Anything else Monty goes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For me 5 wins out of 5 Monty keeps his job and told must do better and top 6 comfortably throughout entire season is minimum acceptable.
    4 wins out of 5 with either 1 draw or a fighting defeat Monty keeps his job but is on notice that top 6 is non negotiable it is an absolute requirement.
    Surely he is sacked today? Surely?

Hibs winning even 3 of those 5 never mind 5 is never going to happen.

Playing the youngster

Absolute no point playing the current crop like Newell, jair

Tried and tested

Play the likes of Whittaker, McIntyres, young goalie.

Seasons over

Bottom 6 is not acceptable when you look at who made the top 6. We have had a frankly brutal season
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Playing the youngster

Tried and tested

Seasons over
    It's not over for the teams fighting relegation. Sporting integrity and all that...

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I dont think it matters as he will surely be gone tomorrow.

Not sure if Im alone but I genuinely couldn't care what happens between now and the end of the season results wise, which is the worst way to feel as a Hibs fan. I can't see myself going to anymore games as things stand, maybe I'll change my mind, dunno.

2 out of the last 3 years I feel we've not got full value for the season ticket. Ive already renewed but wonder how much that is starting to impact the undecided.

Truthfully I don't really care now.

The thought of having to watch these same players under the same manager going through the motions for another 5 games is a depressing one. It's been bad enough watching them when we had something to play for.

What happens between now and seasons end really shouldn't have any bearing on the decision of what we do with the manager. We are either commited to him or not at this point and 5 dead rubbers shouldn't change that. Our record against the bottom 6 is so pitiful this season that using the next 5 as a gauge for such a major decision would be folly.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I really do not care.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    It's not over for the teams fighting relegation. Sporting integrity and all that...
    You're right.

Full strength (if that's a thing at Hibs) against Leveins St.Johnstone and the kids to play the rest

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Playing the youngster

Tried and tested

Seasons over
    This is exactly what I think Monty will do and we end up 8th or 9th.

We've won 9 games all season, no way we're winning 5 out of 5. Even if we somehow did win 5, it's too late and all pressure is off. The board have surely😜 realised this was possibly coming and done some work at looking for a replacement. SDG till end of season. Move Monty on now imho.

Hibs can choose to field whatever players we want.

I’d be playing the young boys too, let the ‘first team’ jokers start their holidays today.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Surely beating livi, so that's at least 1 win to look forward to!!

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    You're right.

Full strength (if that's a thing at Hibs) against Leveins St.Johnstone and the kids to play the rest
    That method didn’t work that last two times

Think we’re better going with kids who are playing for their future careers

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Bottom 6 is not acceptable when you look at who made the top 6. We have had a frankly brutal season
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post

I’d be playing the young boys too, let the ‘first team’ jokers start their holidays today.
    We'd be the first to complain if team did that when we were fighting relegation.

@hibs.net private member
    Absolutely couldn’t care less.

However, if pushed, and whilst trying to remain realistic and not just set ludicrously high targets so that we fail them, I’d say we have to win every home game remaining for starters. Not sure how many that will be. And I’d say we have to beat Livi away (I presume that’s where we’ll play them anyway).

So either 3 or 4 wins out of 5 depending on how many home games we get.

First Team Breakthrough
    Play some of the youngsters. Get rid of Montgomery and prepare our football operations for next season. Hunt for a new manager and DoF.

They have been on holiday most of the season. Useless.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Nothing is acceptable, 5 bounce matches mean nothing, Damage is done and he needs to go
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

We'd be the first to complain if team did that when we were fighting relegation.
    If we play the laddies against all 5 sides, then what’s the issue?

Why do you think we HAVE to play our overpaid ‘first 11’ ?

@hibs.net private member
    Nothing.

Five wins means nothing. And just being in the top six shouldn’t be seen as acceptable at all. We need to be challenging for 3rd and win a cup in the next few years. Time this club showed some ambition.

Play Vente. Minimum 4 goals or bin him. Non of this service rubbish.

Don't play the ones who have proven themselves to be mince like Levitt, Marshall.

Get Lewis to 600.

Otherwise who cares.

As horrendous as this season has been we have earned the right to do as we please now because we are all but safe from any danger. That's not lavishing any praise on a team or manager who have won 9 games all season but it is a fact. Same as a team who have the league wrapped up with games to spare can play some youngsters and fringe players to qualify them for medals or whatever. Not fair on teams who still have something to play for but it is what it is.

If Ross County and St Johnstone don't like it then that is on them. They are responsible for the position they find themselves in. We owe them nothing.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Play Vente. Minimum 4 goals or bin him. Non of this service rubbish.

Don't play the ones who have proven themselves to be mince like Levitt, Marshall.

Get Lewis to 600.

Otherwise who cares.

1 million percent !

We need to finish 7th to maximise the amount of money we can make.

But I don’t care one little bit about watching us.

None of this pissing about waiting until the summer to start fixing things. It’s clear the manager is done, get the change made and get the new manager in to get a proper look at them. None of this clean slate pish in the summer which might well end with another League Cup embarrassment.

@hibs.net private member
    Doubt I’ll be at any of the games, including the home ones. May bother if it’s Hanlon/Stevensons last game, otherwise I’ll find something better to do over the remaining weekends.

If we play the laddies against all 5 sides, then what’s the issue?

Why do you think we HAVE to play our overpaid ‘first 11’ ?
    There's a lot of emotion running high again. It's not that simple.

Cadden needs games and deserves games as part of his recovery. That's just one case. Players getting lower wages will not end well - losing appearance money en masse, possible win and goal bonuses etc. That'll win them round. Whatever we all feel and think wholesale changes ain't happening and a fair proportion of the squad will be here in July.

We need to start building for July now not chucking 5 games on an experiment borne from frustration...and any new potential manager will be watching on.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    I dont think it matters as he will surely be gone tomorrow.

Not sure if Im alone but I genuinely couldn't care what happens between now and the end of the season results wise, which is the worst way to feel as a Hibs fan. I can't see myself going to anymore games as things stand, maybe I'll change my mind, dunno.

2 out of the last 3 years I feel we've not got full value for the season ticket. Ive already renewed but wonder how much that is starting to impact the undecided.
    I am in the same camp as you as despite being a season ticket holder for 25 years my season is done. A really worrying state of affairs when apathy sets in amongst the diehards 😔 I have also renewed for next season, however without a significant upgrade in coaching team and playing squad I’m already resigned to more of the same. I firmly support a ‘root and branch’ review of footballing matters at Easter Road however fear certain egos won’t be too keen on that. Now is the time to leverage off the Black Knight partnership and ask them for help on how to run a sports team.