hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just noticed he's deleted his whole Hibs content on his page. I think that speaks volumes
    Proper horrible that. Probably a factor in why he wants to leave in the summer.
    Last edited by HendoDelivered; 15-04-2024 at 07:16 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I’d have thought he meant more specifically after Saturday because he clearly had the chance to win the game for us and fluffed it on a couple of occasions? Cant say I’ve noticed Elie getting more abuse than any others at games really but I could just not be picking up on it.

Did Monty say anything of note? Or just all about being disappointed after the weekend?
    I can’t recall much in the way of booing aimed at Youan individually. Criticism from the stands definitely, usually on the back of him pulling out of a challenge or whatever. Plenty of praise as well when doing well. Generally, folk at the games just react to what is in front of them When you’re at a club at any level that is hugely under performing there is always going to be an element of discontent from the stands.

Social media is a different story completely. Folk feel entitled to say whatever they want and that’s just a society thing, not a Hibs thing. Wherever he spends the rest of his career, he’s going to get that, especially if sticking posts up after a defeat. That’s not me saying it’s right or whatever but it’s reality.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    What makes you think the Hibs Supporters Association isn't reflective of overall fanbase? Vast majority of those voting will be ST holders and many are regular travellers as well.
    Fair point you would have to think it would be the most representative body of Hibs support there is. Much more representative than this platform for example you would assume
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 15-04-2024 at 08:41 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Fair point you would have to think it would be the most representative body of Hibs support there is. Much more representative than this platform for example you would assume_
    Why would it be more representative than here?

I know a few folk that post on here. I’m 33, I know a couple about my age that post on here, I know a few folk in there 50s. Some are season ticket holders, some aren’t, I know a female that posts on here who used to sit beside me at games and I know someone who posts on here that lives in a different continent.

I know a few people who are members of supporters clubs and they pretty much all fit one demographic. 50-70 year old men from Edinburgh and surrounding areas. That’s not to say everybody in a supporters club falls into that category but in my experience this place is much closer to being representative of the Hibs support as a whole than any other platform.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 15-04-2024 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

I know a few folk that post on here. I’m 33, I know a couple about my age that post on here, I know a few folk in there 50s. Some are season ticket holders, some aren’t, I know a female that posts on here who used to sit beside me at games and I know someone who posts on here that lives in a different continent.

I know a few people who are members of supporters clubs and they pretty much all fit one demographic. 50-70 year old men from Edinburgh and surrounding areas. That’s not to say everybody in a supporters club falls into that category but in my experience this place is much closer to being representative of the Hibs support as a whole than any other platform.
    Wow.

And one of the reasons I came off Twitter or X, the nastiness and hatred on there is disgusting.

I guess you have never been in the Hibs Club? It’s very much a broad spectrum of all ages.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    That’s horrible to hear Elie said that. Our most effective forward player this season along with Maolida and recognises he gets booed often.

Poor.

Hope Elie realises alot of fans rate him too and think he’s a talent and want him to stay at the club.
    Not tuned into this whole thread.

I don’t think it’s a big deal if a player/team gets booed. It’s part and parcel of a potentially lucrative job. Loads of players endure this. It’s hardly offensive and sometimes a wake up call if you make a bad decision, something Ellie does very often.

The line should very firmly be drawn at personal abuse and the two are clearly different.

I think it’s a bit sour grapes form Ellie and indicative of the person/player he is that he mentioned this at a celebration event, making it all about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

The Hibs Instagram page is full of awful abuse after a Hibs post. You click on these people's pics & some are father's / grandfather's full of family pics!
    I believe folk just loose themselves and what they are writing. If I ever get to that stage- time to put down the phone.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    We have some absolute weapons amongst our "support" as no doubt every team does.

I get that people shout and show displeasure at the match in the heat of battle.

What I don't get is people, in the cold light of day, choosing to abuse anybody and everybody connected with the club often in a really personal manner.

Even on this forum we have posts in which our manager is a clown and an idiot, our captain is a coward and a non trier and a guy with both the most goals and most assists this season never passes and only ever plays for himself.

It is possible to believe a change of manager might be beneficial and a more vocal captain is required without leaving the current incumbents without a name.

Anyway it's only going to get worse the next few weeks with the only saving grace being most of the most vocal abusers apparently won't be attending the last few matches.
    Folk lash out and just go for any target, it’s unacceptable, really. By all means criticise and discuss performance and that, but the abuse is a step too far.

Sadly there are folk who not only abuse but others that encourage them with hitting like buttons or laughing emojis etc.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Folk lash out and just go for any target, it’s unacceptable, really. By all means criticise and discuss performance and that, but the abuse is a step too far.

Sadly there are folk who not only abuse but others that encourage them with hitting like buttons or laughing emojis etc.
    It's very much a social media thing and it's toxic.

@hibs.net private member
    Wow.
    ?

The treatment of a young lad like Megwa who was brought back from a successful loan to cover an availability crisis sums up the mentality of some fans. Poor guy got dogs abuse when he was thrown in at the deep end and disappeared from social media for a while.

I get football is emotive and we all lose the rag from time to time. I even get a wee bit lashing out in the immediate aftermath of a defeat. The sustained abuse of some players on social media is toxic though and totally different from a bit of pantomime booing at a game. It's really not on and it transcends Hibs, it seems everyone is fair game.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I guess you have never been in the Hibs Club? It’s very much a broad spectrum of all ages.
    I’ve been in the Hibs club plenty times. Again, from my experience, it wouldn’t be a much more representative group of Hibs fans than this place is as was suggested.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 15-04-2024 at 09:57 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve been in the Hibs club plenty times. Again, from my experience, it wouldn’t be a much more representative group of Hibs fans than this place is as was suggested.
    I would suggest there is a wider demographic in the Hibs Supporters Association than on here. For example, how many under-30s post on here? And, for that matter, how many Jambos? There are damn few in the Hibs Club!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    Not tuned into this whole thread.

I don’t think it’s a big deal if a player/team gets booed. It’s part and parcel of a potentially lucrative job. Loads of players endure this. It’s hardly offensive and sometimes a wake up call if you make a bad decision, something Ellie does very often.

The line should very firmly be drawn at personal abuse and the two are clearly different.

I think it’s a bit sour grapes form Ellie and indicative of the person/player he is that he mentioned this at a celebration event, making it all about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Youan, imo, undeniably gets more abuse from the stands than the rest of the players. Whether it’s people shouting at him, groans etc

The stick he gets, compared to a Boyle etc is night and day. Despite out performing them

What do you know about Youan as a person that would make his comment all about him? It could just be a joke for one. I’ve not read/seen anything about his personality in a negative way.

?
    Was taken aback by your dismissal if the Hibs Club membership.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    The Hibs Instagram page is full of awful abuse after a Hibs post. You click on these people's pics & some are father's / grandfather's full of family pics!
    I believe folk just loose themselves and what they are writing. If I ever get to that stage- time to put down the phone.
    Made the mistake of following that page on Insta, **** me the comments are awful!

@hibs.net private member
    Was taken aback by your dismissal if the Hibs Club membership.
    There was absolutely no dismissal of it. I mentioned that out of the people I know who are members of supporters clubs, they all fall into the demographic I mentioned and quite clearly acknowledged that doesn’t mean everybody falls into that demographic.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    The problem with social media is that there are no real life consequences for being a ****. Some of the abuse people post is horrendous, not just towards footballers but in all walks of life.

Knowing that this the way things are, I think its mad that players decide being regularly active on social media is anything other than a terrible idea. If a player does want to be active then they really should have the thickest of skin possible. I would hope the club educates players on the pitfalls of social media or that senior players set a culture of what is acceptable. If they do then its clear some players have been ignoring that.

As for Ellie's comments about being booed- ive never heard him getting booed, but he undoubtedly does illicate loud groans from the fans at times. If you regularly **** out of tackles and wildly toepoke the ball over the bar instead of squaring to a teammate to score a tap in and secure top six status, then of course people will groan at games and you will hear it.

If hes here next season it would be nice if we have a wee terrace chant about him to make him feel a bit more loved. That would help him greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Totally agree with this. It's one thing to voice opinions on players on a fans forum with other disgruntled supporters(as I have done) but to go onto a player's own social media accounts and abuse them knowing they will read it is a step too far and not acceptable.

As fans who pay hard earned money to follow the club home and away we are entitled to call out players performances however when it transcends into online trolling of players on Thier own socials it's gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage-Patch View Post
    Totally agree with this. It's one thing to voice opinions on players on a fans forum with other disgruntled supporters(as I have done) but to go onto a player's own social media accounts and abuse them knowing they will read it is a step too far and not acceptable.

As fans who pay hard earned money we are entitled to call out players performances however when it transcends into online trolling of players on Thier own socials it's gone too far.
    To make it even worse it was Malioda who was getting the abuse. He has been fantastic for us since he arrived.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Newell? What a joke. Says it all for the season we have had. Not been many pass marks but Obita deserves it more for me.
    Obita was in and out of the team at the start of the season, we lose too many goals from crosses and throw in the red card against the Huns. He's a good player, but he's not been as consistent as some make out.

To make it even worse it was Malioda who was getting the abuse. He has been fantastic for us since he arrived.
    Yeah I saw that and was embarrassed. Why would he want to sign for us now after that.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I can’t get my head around that.

Regarding Youan I’d love to get some context around what the booing actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I can’t get my head around that.

Regarding Youan I’d love to get some context around what the booing actually was.
    I reckon he was referring to the whole team getting it tight after the last couple of games.

Yeah I saw that and was embarrassed. Why would he want to sign for us now after that.

Thats the nonsensical part of it - it’s bad enough giving the guy a hard time on his social media, but he’s been the most successful loanee from January, and someone who could be very successful for us if we could get him back. Why would he want to come back if the fans are treating him like that?

And the same morons will be bitching in a few months about us not scoring goals

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Apparently Monty spoke very well last night. Clearly admitting it wasn't good enough.

@hibs.net private member
    Don’t do Twitter or Instagram but if any footballers are deciding who to play for based on reactions on social media from that particular teams fan base then I suggest they either close their accounts or they’ll have a very small pool of football clubs, if any, to play for. Not condoning the behaviour of any moron hiding behind a social media account but there’s just no stopping it these days.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I reckon he was referring to the whole team getting it tight after the last couple of games.
    If the case, then they can’t really be surprised or have much cause for complaint at that.