hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To make it even worse it was Malioda who was getting the abuse. He has been fantastic for us since he arrived.
    Was he getting abuse or was it comments along the lines of "Delete this"? The latter is all that I saw before he deleted it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    If the case, then they can’t really be surprised or have much cause for complaint at that.
    I tend to agree but I am just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Was he getting abuse or was it comments along the lines of "Delete this"? The latter is all that I saw before he deleted it.
    To be honest I don't know.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    That’s all I saw too, nothing outrageous just folk saying to take it down.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Apparently Monty spoke very well last night. Clearly admitting it wasn't good enough.
    Can’t say I have ever heard him ‘Speak well’ uses the same words when talking to media every week. ‘I thought’ this ‘ I thought’ that etc.
    Last edited by sauzee1989; 15-04-2024 at 03:27 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Apparently Monty spoke very well last night. Clearly admitting it wasn't good enough.
    He did. No excuses and no promises. Honest and articulate, admits it’s a failure.

I don’t like the thought of top six being an immediate target but that’s the predicament we found ourselves in yet again. Two seasons running. We tripped over the line last year, this year we just never tripped far enough.

Brutal either way you look at it but there’s obvious common denominators.

Thankfully the transformation is going to be startling.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    Can’t say I have ever heard him ‘Speak well’ uses the same words when talking to media every week. ‘I thought’ this ‘ I thought’ that etc
    I thought he spoke very well when he came in when detailing his plans and how we were going to play. He then turned into a total slaver.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    Can’t say I have ever heard him ‘Speak well’ uses the same words when talking to media every week. ‘I thought’ this ‘ I thought’ that etc
    Yeah i know you seem to have a thing for how he speaks. Been told he spoke well honestly and wasn’t given any flak. Just passing on what i was told.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    He did. No excuses and no promises. Honest and articulate, admits it’s a failure.

I don’t like the thought of top six being an immediate target but that’s the predicament we found ourselves in yet again. Two seasons running. We tripped over the line last year, this year we just never tripped far enough.

When can we expect to start being startled?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post

The first common denominator was sacked. This one should be too.

@hibs.net private member
    When can we expect to start being startled?
    Was always going to be rocky this term after LJ going but the changes that will be made will ensure we go forward on the pitch next season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    The first common denominator was sacked. This one should be too.
    Common denominators. I wouldn’t say sacked, more dropped, with yet more to go hopefully.

It’s a process that was never going to be completed in 6 months.
    Last edited by andrew70; 15-04-2024 at 05:00 PM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    The problem with social media is that there are no real life consequences for being a ****. Some of the abuse people post is horrendous, not just towards footballers but in all walks of life.

Knowing that this the way things are, I think its mad that players decide being regularly active on social media is anything other than a terrible idea. If a player does want to be active then they really should have the thickest of skin possible. I would hope the club educates players on the pitfalls of social media or that senior players set a culture of what is acceptable. If they do then its clear some players have been ignoring that.

As for Ellie's comments about being booed- ive never heard him getting booed, but he undoubtedly does illicate loud groans from the fans at times. If you regularly **** out of tackles and wildly toepoke the ball over the bar instead of squaring to a teammate to score a tap in and secure top six status, then of course people will groan at games and you will hear it.

If hes here next season it would be nice if we have a wee terrace chant about him to make him feel a bit more loved. That would help him greatly.
    that and the bots.
    the formulaic abuse that follows mistakes of high profile people from various groups is almost oike a template is being followed. And muppets mistake that for normal/OK behaviour. Is incentivised by algorithms. It’s a mute game - anti-social media.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    We have some absolute weapons amongst our "support" as no doubt every team does.

I get that people shout and show displeasure at the match in the heat of battle.

What I don't get is people, in the cold light of day, choosing to abuse anybody and everybody connected with the club often in a really personal manner.
    I don't even get that. Why would you shout anything but encouragement at a Hibs player? Save your abuse for the opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    I don't even get that. Why would you shout anything but encouragement at a Hibs player? Save your abuse for the opponent.
    And the referee ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_dundee View Post
    And the referee ;-)
    ... and a particular linesman!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    that and the bots.
    the formulaic abuse that follows mistakes of high profile people from various groups is almost oike a template is being followed. And muppets mistake that for normal/OK behaviour. Is incentivised by algorithms. It’s a mute game - anti-social media.

Interesting that in 16 years of attending A-League games I don’t think I’ve ever heard home fans in Wellington abuse their own players in any way.

I remember going back to Easter Road a few years ago and the first misplaced pass after two minutes had some folk going mental. Was very noticeable after being away for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Interesting that in 16 years of attending A-League games I don’t think I’ve ever heard home fans in Wellington abuse their own players in any way.

I remember going back to Easter Road a few years ago and the first misplaced pass after two minutes had some folk going mental. Was very noticeable after being away for a long time.
    Interesting to hear that. Easy for us to become desensitised to things. Have to say there was a guy near us on Saturday so angry before a ball was even kicked he was shouting abuse at the players warming up. And it was red faced, burst a blood vessel anger. Assumed it was alcohol induced but wasn't certain. Folks right behind him actually moved away at HT because of his anger issues. Sad thing was he had kids with him.

Completely agree can hold my head in anguish after a bad miss or mistake but don’t think i have ever shouted any abuse at a player in the wonderful green and white strip. Referees on the other hand. Not a difficult concept for a supporter i don’t think.

Pretty sad to hear that. Definitely a noticeable difference and likely more a societal social media influenced change.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Pretty sad to hear that. Definitely a noticeable difference and likely more a societal social media influenced change.

Not sure, ....opposition managers over the years (Butcher when at ICT being one!) Have said that home fans at Easter Road can make it easier for the opposition.
    Part of the game plan is to try frustrate the fans, then everything gets that little bit more difficult for the Hibs players :-(

Shocking at times the way some "fans" abuse their own. Was at Dens a couple of years ago, poor game, and as 2 late teens were leaving they were giving Matt Macey absolute dogs abuse. It was quiet so must have heard every word. The 2 then laughed and high fived then left the ground fair pleased with themselves. I honestly couldn't get my head round that. Sad to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Not sure, ....opposition managers over the years (Butcher when at ICT being one!) Have said that home fans at Easter Road can make it easier for the opposition.
    Part of the game plan is to try frustrate the fans, then everything gets that little bit more difficult for the Hibs players :-(
    I would imagine that would be the approach when going to any decent size teams home ground