hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Kensell - stay or go?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

85 64.89%
  • Stay

46 35.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely spot on.

Of course he’s accountable.

And I am absolutely sick to the back teeth hearing about hospitality etc.

We are a FOOTBALL club and we have completely and utterly failed on the pitch for the vast majority of his time with us.

I do not give a **** about wasting money on safe standing for his gimpy mates at Block 7 or shiny fancy bars for the select supporters who can afford them. I want to watch
    Hibs do better than the likes of pishy Dundee and beating the St Johnstones of the league at home.
    Top post 💯 correct

2. Log in to remove the advert

Go. His salary can be put to better use.

You can get the same for a third of the cost.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Kensall has played a bit of a blinder getting the season ticket renewals in so early.

GTF fraud

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Well, the two polls would indicate people have more sympathy and patience with kensell than with the manager, which is interesting.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    The CEO is in charge of the whole football club.

They set the direction everywhere. He may not be involved with the footballing dept (I suspect he is) but he employs people to run that.

We are a football team first and foremost. The performance under his stewardship on the field has been entirely unacceptable. Petrie sacked Mixu for finishing sixth having beat Hearts at Tynecastle in the post split fixtures.

What I’d give for that level of footballing ‘failure’.

It win’t change though. I’ve been hoping Kensell would ‘learn’ for the last two years. He’s not.

His wages have went up though.
    it’s interesting you mention Mixu.
    I’d like to have a pint with him.
    The way I viewed Mixus tenure - and it has direct implication for what’s going on today I feel - he tried to make Hibs hard to beat. Maybe he didn’t get enough time but the punters didn’t like it.
    Seems to me we have to decide what we’re prepared to compromise on. mind you he didn’t get any return from a proven pedigree player in Jonatan Johansson - ZERO goals! Mind boggling.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Go. His salary can be put to better use.

You can get the same for a third of the cost.

His salary would be put to use by giving it to the new CEO.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    it’s interesting you mention Mixu.
    I’d like to have a pint with him.
    The way I viewed Mixus tenure - and it has direct implication for what’s going on today I feel - he tried to make Hibs hard to beat. Maybe he didn’t get enough time but the punters didn’t like it.
    Seems to me we have to decide what we’re prepared to compromise on. mind you he didn’t get any return from a proven pedigree player in Jonatan Johansson - ZERO goals! Mind boggling.
    Petrie got spooked by poor ST sales as fans weren't happy with football that was setup to make us hard to beat...

Remember it well.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Petrie got spooked by poor ST sales as fans weren't happy with football that was setup to make us hard to beat...

Remember it well.
    So serious question folks…

You’re the next Hibs manager. You know what the fans prefer - fast flowing. Attacking football. And yet you have a suspect defence. Your philosophy is attacking. Previously manages trying to go hard to beat first have been shown the door pretty quickly. Do you stick to your philosophy, whilst leaking goals in the initial phase as you’ve been promised time to build OE do you run the risk of not showing the punters what you’re all about as you seek to shore / bore up from the back - and run the risk of. Mikey Atweart questioning your “identity”…

it’s no wonder manages esp young manager try to play to their philosophy - it’s what they want you (supporters) to buy into.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 14-04-2024 at 11:07 PM.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Three duds appointed as manager in a row. Buck has to stop somewhere. Out and out stagnation on the pitch.

Everyone should be held to the same standards as the managers who keep getting punted.
    This. You can only keep pinning failure on the manager for so long before you have to question those making the appointments.

His salary is outrageous imo for the decline on the pitch. And ultimately that's the difference between running a football club and any other business - doesn't matter how much revenue or whatever increases, success is purely about results on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    His salary would be put to use by giving it to the new CEO.
    My point, as I'm sure you know G, is that we can get that CEO for a third of what we pay BK.
    We'd also likely get a similar level of performance to what we're getting.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    My point, as I'm sure you know G, is that we can get that CEO for a third of what we pay BK.
    We'd also likely get a similar level of performance to what we're getting.

I'm not G, but I doubt any multi million pound company could get an experienced and competent CEO for £100k.

Using his salary to bash him is a weak argument given that he's brought many times more into the club than he takes out.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!