Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
I was brought up on home-grown players in the Hibs of the 60s and 70s Scottish guys led by Scottish managers like Stein and Turnbull.

My sons were raised on the Hibs of the Mowbray and Collins era. CIS cup and some exciting play on the park. The squad was a blend of British and Irish lads who were comfortable in the SPL.

The home grown squad assembled by George Craig, Mathie and Stubbs won us the cup and Lennon carried on where they left off. Jack Ross had the best top division win percentage for 50 years.

However, when Dempster left and Ross was prematurely sacked, we started to go backwards. And more disastrously our reputation as a stable club started to suffer.

After three failed Head Coach recruitments, constant player churns, poor squad rebuilds, an over-reliance on foreign loanees and a tendency to sign 'soft' players why would ANY experienced manager want to come here?

Last time out we were so short of good quality candidates that Ben and Ian had to go to the A leagues for a coach. Monty couldn't even do the simple things right, any more than our directors could (and that includes the invisible DOF).

The way I see it, we will struggle to sign any home-based coaches or players suitable for the SPL. It makes me sad to say that no career-minded individual would choose a basket case like Hibs right now.

The only man in the Scottish media who seems to understand the extent of Hibs' downward spiral atm is Michael Stewart. He has spoken his mind on Ian Gordon's role, VAR, referees and calls a spade a spade about Hibs soft underbelly.

Dreamers can talk about signing McInnes or Robinson but that's laughable nonsense. Hearts have done the right thing by building a team suitable for the SPL, with a coach who understands the club and the Scottish game. Unless our owners follow that lead I fear a relegation fight next season.

There are more problems ahead than behind us.
Not entirely sure what point the OP is trying to make other than ‘it’s all these foreigners’.

Don’t think there is one team in Scotland who who wouldn’t have a player born outside of Scotland…certainly Hearts (who are quoted) have several.

It isn’t the 60’s or 70’s.