hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Monty - Sack or Keep ?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sack

243 75.94%
  • Keep

77 24.06%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sack or Keep

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Can usually tell by the socials. If they're quiet today I think he'll be gone.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yeah get rid. Out of his depth. Another season of this is terrifying.

Season ticket ??? I'll wait Hibs.

He comes across as cold and lacking enthusiasm. Mirrors the style of play we have under him.

I don't think he is arrogant. What on earth has he achieved to be arrogant about. Win some title with the likes of Jason Cummings in his side. Recently he has given the vibe that he would want to be on the first plane back down under with a nice wee severance pay in his tail.

Sadly, I think he is going to stay which depresses me to the core. Almost the same feeling of dread that I knew we were going to lose a late goal yesterday. I posted on the match day thread which 5 mins to go that I had a feeling we would bottle it. Him staying is more to do with Ian Gordon and Ben Kensell not wanting to go through yet another excruciating exercise of sacking him and recruiting another manager. There can be no other reason for them doing nowt.

It is revealing how many people have now opted to sack him, who previously backed him. Astonishingly, there are some whose reasons for him to stay are down to officials, deficiencies in the squad and that he should get more time.

Montgomery had ample resources, in the time he was here, to achieve the minimum target, top 6.

Any Hibs supporter I have spoken to, who crucially go to games and who have witnessed the guff on show this season all want him punted. Now.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think even we’d struggle to find someone worse. Although I thought that when we sacked Johnson 🙈

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I'm in the not sure camp, he took over a shambles of a team when LJ was sacked, one transfer window was never going to solve anything but on the other hand his style of play is really boring and we haven't improved

9 wins all season.
    Beneath Killie, St Mirren and Dundee.
    23 points behind Hertz with no Derby wins.
    Baffling team selections and regular substitutions which make us worse.
    An inability to win the games that matter most whilst producing slow tedious football for long periods.
    Sadly he isn't the first manager to have a season like that but it's still completely unacceptable when you look at the above list.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    A dead man walking, a matter of when not if unfortunately.

Yesterday shows the fine margins though. See that game out and we’re 2 points off 5th & Europe and probably favourites for 5th providing Rangers win. As it is we’re bottom 6 with little complaints over the piece.

Montgomery hasn’t done enough to make a positive case for him staying. However he’s also badly been let down over the season by individual mistakes. Again yesterday Youan decides to play for himself and not any of the other options to make it 2-0 and comfortably win the game. Or losing a goal to a long throw.

Has to go now along with his back room staff and that includes SDG, enough is enough.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I was pleased with this appointment but it's my honest opinion that in terms of ability he may well be one of the worst in my time as a fan.

This "4-4-2 and I might change it if things are really ****" is straight out of the FM playbook, we appear to play with a set tempo regardless of the situation and his subs have been mind boggling. His game management in injury time speaks for itself.

There hasn't been a single landmark win or even a game I particularly enjoyed in his time as manager. If we keep him now he'll be gone a couple months into the next season and it'll be more ***** transition.

With the Foley money there has never been a time to rip the whole thing up and start again. Montgomery can go and there isn't a single player contracted to us that I would be bothered if they left with him.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Can usually tell by the socials. If they're quiet today I think he'll be gone.
    Yeah, if we don't post anything on social media today then he's screwed. Seems to be the protocol before we launch the manager.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    If we don't post anything on social media today then he's screwed. Seems to be the protocol before we launch the manager.
    Just had a check, we didn't post anything last Sunday after the St Johnstone loss (other than a happy Birthday to Youan tweet). So silence today might mean nothing.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Would keep unless get someone obviously better
    We’ll struggle to find someone worse.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Just had a check, we didn't post anything last Sunday after the St Johnstone loss (other than a happy Birthday to Youan tweet). So silence today might mean nothing.
    Hibs tweeted the Will Fish interview earlier but that’s it.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    We’ll struggle to find someone worse.
    Disagree he hasn’t been that bad and with fair refs would be comfortably top 6.

Get rid, failed to achieve the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Think he's finished, whether we think he should be or not. Expect the hunt is already on for next manager.

no decent manager worth his salt would touch us

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Hibs tweeted the Will Fish interview earlier but that’s it.
    Cryptic? Monty sleeps with the fishes? Think he's had his chips.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeshibs View Post
    no decent manager worth his salt would touch us
    I don't think that's the case at all. Managers know football is fickle and there would be a tonne of interested managers wanting to take us over

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I don't think that's the case at all. Managers know football is fickle and there would be a tonne of interested managers wanting to take us over

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    This

Hopefully there's news of his departure today. If not shows what our club find acceptable.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hopefully there's news of his departure today. If not shows what our club find acceptable.
    Wouldn’t hold your breath mate.

Him attending last night tells you all you need to know imo.

The club is weak and accepts **** results.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post

Personally don't think him attending the supporters club event will have any bearing on whether he is sacked or not. There would likely need to be a lot of chat/board meetings etc. We also have two weeks until the next game so no rush if they are to pull the trigger as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post

Is that why we are on our 4th manager in about 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    The club showed what they think is acceptable when they let a manager carry on despite our biggest rivals embarrassing us 3-0 home and away less than 3 weeks apart from each other last season. Any other club would've had the manager gone after those 2 results plus a poor start to the season.

FFS, is he still manager?

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn’t vote because my answer to what I think should happen is different to what I think WILL happen.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The club showed what they think is acceptable when they let a manager carry on despite our biggest rivals embarrassing us 3-0 home and away less than 3 weeks apart from each other last season. Any other club would've had the manager gone after those 2 results plus a poor start to the season.
    Disagree with this one. We can’t react to one or two results or even just poor runs of form. Those will just always happen. We went on to have a very good end of season.

You need to see something though to understand that the team is being developed and that fans are still interested in coming to watch.

I think we are at the point now where we haven’t really seen anything very positive and we have gone backwards year on year. He’s a dead man walking at this point which is dangerous for the club in being able to get enthusiasm and ticket sales going.

ER will be dead until the end of the season. We can’t afford that to carry into next year.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    9 wins all season.
    An inability to win the games that matter most whilst producing slow tedious football for long periods.
    Sadly he isn't the first manager to have a season like that but it's still completely unacceptable when you look at the above list.
    Agree. I’m never usually one to jump on the manager out bandwagon quickly but that is really hard to defend. We have a team with some really decent players that should be doing better than they have. The question is why haven’t they?

Was quite excited when we first appointed Monty but as you say the above is just totally unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    9 wins all season.
    And one of those wins wasn't his.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    In the modern game, it’s a return and a failure to reach expected standards for resources that gets you the sack.

I still think though that a manager should still be allowed to fail/have a poor season. If Montgomery is here for the new season then we have to hope that lessons have been learnt as to where we need improvement, what we need to do better and who can we bring in to make improvements to rectify those weaknesses.

That needs confidence and trust in your manager to be someone who can make those improvements along with the back room team. That confidence and goodwill from the fans is in short supply right now, but if he is going to be the manager long term then I’d hope the club can give us an update and an opinion as to where we feel we are going. They need to give us the confidence that the club is focussed on addressing our failure to finish top 6 which is the very least we should be demanding from the players.

The last window gave me a glimmer of what kind of player we might see in further windows. We’re spiralling round in circles with appointments post Ross - so I can’t help but assume another change would see us go into transition, fall short of expectations again and then it’ll be time for another.

Give someone more than a season to build their team.