hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Monty - Sack or Keep ?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sack

243 75.94%
  • Keep

77 24.06%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sack or Keep

@hibs.net private member
    Sack. And whilst others say they’ll be sad about it, I’ll be absolutely delighted. It’s been chronic from the minute he walked in the door.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Has to be sacked. Failure to make top six at Hibs should always cost a manager his job.

Sack Montgomery.

Pronto.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has to be sacked. Failure to make top six at Hibs should always cost a manager his job.
    I would have thought that it would be made clear to any managerial candidate that the very least expected at Hibs is finishing the season in the top half of the league and failure to do that will have consequences.

First Team Breakthrough
    Sack him and get rid of every centre half we currently have at club too.

Hes made some minor improvements to us but I'm 70/30 for the whole coaching team to be gone next season.

Cheerio.

@hibs.net private member
    Get him out. Can’t keep going round the loop but also can’t just stick with the wrong guy. Footballs dire under him and he is unable to influence games when needed.

@hibs.net private member hibsfan7's Avatar
    keep sack kenshall

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    It's not working and seen nothing to suggest it's going to improve. Suspect he's out of his depth but problems go beyond the manager. Top six really should be the minimum mandate for any manager at the club. He shouldn't be at the club for next season in my opinion.

Utterly clueless excuse for a manager , sack him .

We have until the end of the season to find someone better and get them in before the transfer window opens. Then they have to get players in and ready for mid July and the League Cup group stages. I voted for sack but my gut feeling is the board are going to rough it out and stick with Monty. The plan being that we go with the targets already identified and re-shape the squad, specifically the defence.

We have scored 44 goals and hearts have scored 46, yet they are 23 points ahead of us. The vast majority of our problems are defensive. We are not far away from being a decent squad, just not sure if Monty can get us from mediocre to decent. The thing that really worries me about Monty is that we needed to win our last two games and we got a point. According to Monty we dropped 5 points to 3 shots on target, basically if you can shoot against Hibs you score.

I’d sack him and I’m someone who was pleased with his appointment and defended him on here after a poor start.

If we don’t sack him I don’t see what can possibly change next season or why anyone in their right mind would renew their season ticket.

@hibs.net private member LEaston87's Avatar
    Sack

Sack everyone! The club are a joke! Have been for a while now. I used to be a season ticket holder like many on here but I now only go now and then and it’s got to the point I’ll probably stop going all together now.

It’s painful being a Hibee! It has been for the majority of the time I’ve supported the club.

I’ve got better things to do on a Saturday than go to a borefest and come home constantly disappointed.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I can't believe I'm saying this but he is actually worse than Maloney - it has to be sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    I voted keep . Though think he might go after today . If he did I'd give it to SDG until the end of the season. Chris Hogg would be another one I'd look at or a foreign manager like Aberdeen have .

Any names that have came up I see problems with , McInnes will eventually be turned on due to the style of football like Ross was . Lennon we have tried and it ended up a total disaster . Robinson again football style and I'd far rather give it to SDG over Murray or the Airdrie boss who's also been mentioned too .

If the manager does go I hope Kensell follows him out the door as he's been totally unprofessional in the past and is part of our current problems imo .
    I think it would be beneficial to all if Monty goes and SDG gets the job (if he wants it!!) Need a manager who knows Hibs and Scottish football. There are also a few around who are of a Hibs background and could give a helping hand. As much as it hurts me to say, perhaps we should look at our city neighbours. They aren't doing too bad with an ex player in charge!!

Coaching Staff
    I’d be getting rid of a lot of players first.

I don’t think there would be anything other than a ‘sack him’ vote for any manager immediately after a game which banished us to the bottom six.

If you look through the posts the only person who’s head has NOT been called for yet is the groundsman.

Clearly, the vast majority of the players we have assembled are simply not good enough.

Before we sack the manager…….let’s look at the squad of players we have assembled where many of them have failed to perform adequately over not just this season, but longer.

We can and HAVE sacked manager after manager..but the main cause of our failure is recruitment.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

I don’t think there would be anything other than a ‘sack him’ vote for any manager immediately after a game which banished us to the bottom six.

If you look through the posts the only person who’s head has NOT been called for yet is the groundsman.

Clearly, the vast majority of the players we have assembled are simply not good enough.

Before we sack the manager…….let’s look at the squad of players we have assembled where many of them have failed to perform adequately over not just this season, but longer.

We can and HAVE sacked manager after manager..but the main cause of our failure is recruitment.
    The “manager” should be getting more out of the players he has at his disposal

Johnson got more working with less resources and worse off squad

Stop defending a manger who’s win % is on par with Maloneys. He’s been a ****ing awful appointment

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

Have to disagree with that. Look at the starting XI, even today and last week against St Johnstone. No one will convince me our starring XI isn't much better and should be getting a result against them. Same against Ross County and Dundee etc.

This squad should absolutely be making top six.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    The “manager” should be getting more out of the players he has at his disposal

Johnson got more working with less resources and worse off squad

Stop defending a manger who’s win % is on par with Maloneys. He’s been a ****ing awful appointment
    Two things relating to your post.

1 I wasn’t ‘defending’ anybody.

2 I’m quite comfortable if you agree or disagree with any opinions I may put forth, no matter how you may misconstrue them….but please don’t tell me what I should , or in this case should not do.

We have good players, not a brilliant squad but good enough players to be far better than we are.

His issue is he’s got absolutely zero idea how to defend a lead or set a team up in a manner to hold on to a game.

Today we created a lot of good chances and should have scored more, but how many times have we said that. How many times have we had a lead and he’s had no idea how to make subs or implement a plan to see the game out?

A decent manager comes in, organises us and makes us hard to beat. If they done that with the forward players we have I’d be confident we’d win.

His first pick centre half, Triantis, came into the team at centre half, had a nightmare start and got dropped and then played centre mid since?! What?!

Clean sheets - 9 in 34 games, one against Forfar.

Conceded 2 or more goals in 17 of his games in charge!!! 50% of his games! That is madness.
    Last edited by Unseen work; 13-04-2024 at 11:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Sack. The amount of games we have won is unacceptable. For me it's as simple as that.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Two things relating to your post.

1 I wasn’t ‘defending’ anybody.

2 I’m quite comfortable if you agree or disagree with any opinions I may put forth, no matter how you may misconstrue them….but please don’t tell me what I should , or in this case should not do.
    I haven’t misconstrued what you’ve said

If you aren’t defending anyone then I’m not telling you what you should or should not do

Your post read a lot like you were solely blaming the players with none of the blame being placed on NM.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I think he will be sacked

Can't argue given our now confirmed position

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    He will be gone by Monday tea time.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    We have good players, not a brilliant squad but good enough players to be far better than we are.

His issue is he’s got absolutely zero idea how to defend a lead or set a team up in a manner to hold on to a game.

Today we created a lot of good chances and should have scored more, but how many times have we said that. How many times have we had a lead and he’s had no idea how to make subs or implement a plan to see the game out?

A decent manager comes in, organises us and makes us hard to beat. If they done that with the forward players we have I’d be confident we’d win.

His first pick centre half, Triantis, came into the team at centre half, had a nightmare start and got dropped and then played centre mid since?! What?!
    I don’t think anyone can say the manager is blameless….and I don’t see it as a them or him situation.
    My point is that given that we have a highway of recently sacked or about to be sacked managers…maybe we also need to look beyond just the manager……otherwise we’ll be having the same conversation about another manager in 12 or 18 months.

Triantis by the way is a strange one……I’ve probably seen more of Triantis than most on here, and never considered him a ‘centre half’
    A defender yes, but when he played for Mariners….which was really only one season…the ‘centre halves’ to me were Kaltak and Hall..who are still there…I always viewed Triantis as a defensive midfielder, so was surprised when talk of him playing at centre half came up.

I'm not the type to turn on a manager easily, I'm still praying for a miracle, but I feel like it's maybe gone too far to win the fans back

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    He will be gone by Monday tea time.
    Feel like you’re normally accurate with info, you heard something?

Sack. Hes way out is depth. He's not likeable either. Never his fault. Takes no responsibility for anything. Saying he wasn't here for pre season as an excuse is laughable and arrogant. A bit like his tactics.
    Last edited by Since452; 14-04-2024 at 05:01 AM.