hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Monty - Sack or Keep ?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sack

243 75.94%
  • Keep

77 24.06%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sack or Keep

First Team Breakthrough
    I think he needs to go - I am fed up with the lack of effort/tactics to keep a lead or go for a win. Every other team in the league is going for the equaliser or winner in the last 10 minutes, piling forward and getting the big men up front, maybe not pretty but it shows the fans that they are really trying, even if they fail. His option seems to be, bring on Tavares, and the whole stadium just looks on dumbfounded as we pass it about at the back and lose a last minute equaliser/losing goal. There's nothing I can say about our lack of defensive character, when we need to close out a game, that hasn't already been said. All this is about tactics, not about the abilities of players.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    When he was appointed, i never knew who he was, had no idea what he'd achieved and to be perfectly honest, was a bit meh about him.

Since that day when he was appointed, i've not really taken to him much. He's very much a bore when listening to him, he certainly does not make me enthusiastic to get my arse to the games or excite me in any way.

Saying all that, managers talk sheite anyway and i hardly bother listening to them, but do want to be excited and do want to go to games enthusiastic about them.

He does not know how to make substitution that make us better, he set us up for way too long wrong, and when it all boils down to it, results have been pish.

He has to go, i wouldnt trust him to spend what money we have this summer well.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    This issue he has now that he is staying is that he has lost a lot of the support.

Genuinely, unless he wins the next 10-15 games (I know that includes next season) the first hint of issues and the fans will go further than they are now - ER will be toxic and he’ll get the sack.

The board are going to have to have some serious gumption about them to see this out (contrary to my earlier post @flash).

I'm just sick fed up with a succession of uninspiring, dull yes men in the manager seat to be honest. We all saw how vibrant Easter Road was when Lennon had his brilliant period. We actually felt like a big club then. I'm craving that again. Was that anything to do with having a big name manager with personality? Maybe. Apathy is creeping in and i couldn't care less about the bottom six fixtures. Pretty sad situation.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This issue he has now that he is staying is that he has lost a lot of the support.

Genuinely, unless he wins the next 10-15 games (I know that includes next season) the first hint of issues and the fans will go further than they are now - ER will be toxic and he’ll get the sack.

The board are going to have to have some serious gumption about them to see this out (contrary to my earlier post @flash).
    I think another issue will be ST Sales. If they are poor by the end of May, they have to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'm just sick fed up with a succession of uninspiring, dull yes men in the manager seat to be honest. We all saw how vibrant Easter Road was when Lennon had his brilliant period. We actually felt like a big club then. I'm craving that again. Was that anything to do with having a big name manager with personality? Maybe. Apathy is creeping in and i couldn't care less about the bottom six fixtures. Pretty sad situation.
    100%

While Lennon wasn’t perfect you knew what you were getting - a personality and some of the best games watching Hibs. Fans can debate it all day long and there were plenty of mistakes - remember fans even booing some of his subs when we were at Falkirk away but his subs often changed games and won Hibs points.

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Sack. ASAP.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I think another issue will be ST Sales. If they are poor by the end of May, they have to pull the trigger.
    Aye I was going to include that, but if numbers are at about 9K as suggested before, then that’s fairly strong.

I do not know what it would take to make them pull the trigger though.

I’m holding off currently. Not sure what I am waiting for.

I may not get one in truth.

Just do it now.

Retaining him as manager any longer will not sell season tickets in the number we want.

All we're doing is kicking the can down the road.

Hibs have just tweeted this weeks fixtures.

Be prepared for a tsunami of abuse in the comments.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Aye I was going to include that, but if numbers are at about 9K as suggested before, then that’s fairly strong.

I do not know what it would take to make them pull the trigger though.

I’m holding off currently. Not sure what I am waiting for.

I may not get one in truth.
    I think Hibs were fairly clever bringing forward the seat release as i think it had quite a major impact on sales. It'll be interesting to see how they get on now.

I voted to keep. He came in when we had 0 points from 3 games. At that time we were 7 points behind Motherwell and St Mirren.
    We'd played 3 teams we expected to beat and had not played Hearts Celtic or Rangers. If you scrubbed those three games, and played them now, we'd be sitting pretty. I dont like sacking managers every 5 minutes, and it must be costing us a fortune.
    I would say we want a 100% record in the LC groups, with some impressive wins, and a minimum of x points in our first few games, maybe up until the first International break. And if its not working....give SDG the job, at least there'd be some continuity

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNB Hibby View Post
    I voted to keep. He came in when we had 0 points from 3 games. At that time we were 7 points behind Motherwell and St Mirren.
    We'd played 3 teams we expected to beat and had not played Hearts Celtic or Rangers. If you scrubbed those three games, and played them now, we'd be sitting pretty. I dont like sacking managers every 5 minutes, and it must be costing us a fortune.
    I would say we want a 100% record in the LC groups, with some impressive wins, and a minimum of x points in our first few games, maybe up until the first International break. And if its not working....give SDG the job, at least there'd be some continuity
    We had 3 points from 4 games when he came in.

He came in when we had 3 points from 4 games. Had just beaten Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He came in when we had 3 points from 4 games. Had just beaten Aberdeen at Pittodrie.
    OK---was still a miserable start. I'd still keep him

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Said already, can't believe I'm saying it but after almost a whole season saying we had to keep him, couldn't sack yet another one so quickly, he's just not learning; sack him.

I voted keep but it's with the massive caveat that it's only because I dont trust those in charge to appoint anyone better

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser View Post
    I voted keep but it's with the massive caveat that it's only because I dont trust those in charge to appoint anyone better
    It’d be one hell of a feat to appoint someone worse.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I dunno why you’d think if we played those first 3 games again now we’d be sitting pretty?

Not based on the evidence of Montgomerys time in charge. We lost 2-3 at home to St Mirren at the start of the season. 0-3 under Monty. Lost 2-1 away to Motherwell. Drew with them at the weekend.

Sitting pretty my arse. In my opinion.

You know what, keep him.

I really like how someone said he’s told some home truths to certain players.

Hopefully with him Myziane is more like to stay (improving our chances from 0 to 1%) and Marcondes, who I’ve been very critical of, signs and improves after a full pre season.

Moriah Welsh and Amos are good additions in centre mid. As is Triantis when played in midfield, chance to get him permanently?

Get some centre halves in to play his style and a new keeper.

A new centre forward is a priority too as so far Vente hasn’t shown enough.

Let’s let him build.

Caveat - my opinion is likely to change again if we lose again in Saturday 🤣

Why did anyone want top 6 anyway ?
    We would only get beat every week
    At least we might get a win or two this way
    And not have to watch Hibs getting beat by the likes of the Huns again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Pat Nevin feels he should stay needs more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    and the one thing most folk on here would agree about is that Pat Levin is a very intelligent former footballer.

easiest option is to sack - I agree with Kevin, it's time to try and build something through stability. take the short term pain for long term gain

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    Why did anyone want top 6 anyway ?
    We would only get beat every week
    At least we might get a win or two this way
    And not have to watch Hibs getting beat by the likes of the Huns again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There lies the problem. If that is the impression of what top six football would be, then we really haven't progressed one iota. For the investment in this coaching team. For the money thrown at this squad. We're still not close to being a comfortable top six team.

Pat Nevin says its okay though so why is everyone complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Wee Pat is quite correct too.

It’d be one hell of a feat to appoint someone worse.
    I'm sure we'd find a way

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    You know what, keep him.

I really like how someone said he’s told some home truths to certain players.

Hopefully with him Myziane is more like to stay (improving our chances from 0 to 1%) and Marcondes, who I’ve been very critical of, signs and improves after a full pre season.

Moriah Welsh and Amos are good additions in centre mid. As is Triantis when played in midfield, chance to get him permanently?

Get some centre halves in to play his style and a new keeper.

A new centre forward is a priority too as so far Vente hasn’t shown enough.

Let’s let him build.

Caveat - my opinion is likely to change again if we lose again in Saturday 🤣
    Good post and agree plus you are ok for Saturday as we don’t play this weekend. 😄

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    There lies the problem. If that is the impression of what top six football would be, then we really haven't progressed one iota. For the investment in this coaching team. For the money thrown at this squad. We're still not close to being a comfortable top six team.

Pat Nevin says its okay though so why is everyone complaining?
    Of course he didn’t say it was ok just that he would give more time.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Good post and agree plus you are ok for Saturday as we don’t play this weekend. 😄
    You’re telling me it’s another weekend without a win?! That’s it for me, get him sacked.

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    We should be a comfortable top 6 team …we aren’t, nor can I see us being so with his approach.

I may be wrong but didn’t he tell us we would play high tempo, pressing football with use of our fast paced front men.
    or was that the previous 4 managers …..

20 mins for every 3-4 games just doesn’t cut it.nor does he …sorry but it’s goodbye from me