hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Youan

I don’t imagine he’ll want to stay here. Has so much potential but we don’t see it nearly enough

2. Log in to remove the advert

Youan frustrates every hibs fan weekly his decision making is sometimes awful

However he is the type of exciting player that we aim to sign, get a couple of good seasons and then move on for a few quid

He’s been massively unlucky hibs found him when we had two of our poorer appointed managers back to back

He would have improved and played well under say a Mowbray or Mcleish type who would know exactly how to use a player with certain attributes.

I actually think Boyle can sometimes look quite an average player and it’s no coincidence he’s had a poorer season under this coaching style.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Youan frustrates every hibs fan weekly his decision making is sometimes awful

However he is the type of exciting player that we aim to sign, get a couple of good seasons and then move on for a few quid

He’s been massively unlucky hibs found him when we had two of our poorer appointed managers back to back

He would have improved and played well under say a Mowbray or Mcleish type who would know exactly how to use a player with certain attributes.

I actually think Boyle can sometimes look quite an average player and it’s no coincidence he’s had a poorer season under this coaching style.
    Looks to me that sadly Boyle’s injuries have taken their toll

Expected him to be rested and used as an impact sub to exploit tiring defences during the latest run of important games to help recharge his batteries but doesn’t really matter now he can concentrate on getting his sharpness back for next season

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    I don’t imagine he’ll want to stay here. Has so much potential but we don’t see it nearly enough
    I don’t think he’s ever wanted to be here, he’s too interested in adding to his highlight reel than the good of the team, decision making is terrible totally oblivious to the defensive side of the game, hopefully Stoke are still interested and we can get decent cash for him in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Looks to me that sadly Boyle’s injuries have taken their toll

Expected him to be rested and used as an impact sub to exploit tiring defences during the latest run of important games to help recharge his batteries but doesn’t really matter now he can concentrate on getting his sharpness back for next season
    Also a legitimate factor I guess

I don’t think Boyle looks happy in this team though

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Also a legitimate factor I guess

I don’t think Boyle looks happy in this team though
    Has definitely stopped playing with a smile on his face

100%

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Cannae believe the grief he gets to be honest. He’s never gonnae be a superstar but **** me, compared to some of the guffys we’ve had even just the last few seasons he’s brilliant.

A very capable attacking threat, but he’s no the smartest and cannae track back.

Gies an Elie over a Chris mueller or Sylvester Jasper or Harry McKirdy or Kamberi anyday.

The guys no going to go to a higher level and succeed but I still always think he’s someone who can make something happen
    I mostly agree, but Kamberi was easily better than Youan.

Elie is obviously frustrating but he was by far the most effective of our front 4 yesterday.
    I would be pointing the finger at Boyle and Marcondes before him personally as they were both far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I mostly agree, but Kamberi was easily better than Youan.
    No he wasn’t/isn’t.

Kamberi had a wonderful half a season for us that ended up being the defining purple patch of his entire career. He was scoring way over his xG odds - which ended up bearing out the following season(s) where he was a shell of the player we saw for that few month spell under Lennon. It definitely helped that he was part of a side that was flying, being supplied by players like McGinn, Allan, McGeouch and a younger Boyle.

Elie has produced 37 goal involvements across 80 games in a struggling team and has actually improved his return in his second season. Flo Kamberi has been without a club since January.

Even if you want to make the argument that Kamberi was better for us, the idea that he’s ’easily’ better just doesn’t stick.

He's obviously talented but his decision making is dreadful. Any similarly talented player with a brain would've had Hibs 4-0 up by 80 minutes in the same situation yesterday.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Not good enough for where we want to be.

As with the rest of the squad, they're delivering the results their ability can manage.

We've mostly got crap players being led by a crap manager.

All the chat of 'there's a player in there' or 'I still think he can do a job for us' has been proven to be BS over the last few games.

None of them will be missed when they leave.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Elie is obviously frustrating but he was by far the most effective of our front 4 yesterday.
    I would be pointing the finger at Boyle and Marcondes before him personally as they were both far worse.
    Agree totally

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

As with the rest of the squad, they're delivering the results their ability can manage.

All the chat of 'there's a player in there' or 'I still think he can do a job for us' has been proven to be BS over the last few games.

Youan clearly is good enough, 10 goals and 11 assists(I think) is a decent return, he will likely always be inconsistent but thats the same as the majority of the players in our league never mind our team. If we had another couple of players getting those number we would be laughing

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Wasnt just Youan yesterday, lots of players wound me up, Youan acting like he had all the time in the world when there were 2/3 players round him, equally as annoyingly was players acting like there were 2/3 players round them when they were in acres of space and hoofing the ball instead of getting it under control

Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    Youan clearly is good enough, 10 goals and 11 assists(I think) is a decent return, he will likely always be inconsistent but thats the same as the majority of the players in our league never mind our team. If we had another couple of players getting those number we would be laughing
    He's good enough for a bottom 6 side, he's proved that much.

Loads of posts saying he's a talented player that just makes crap decisions. A talented player would make decent decisions no?

We need a helluva lot more than two players delivering the same as he's managed if we want to compete in Europe.

Loads of posts saying he's a talented player that just makes crap decisions. A talented player would make decent decisions no?

We need a helluva lot more than two players delivering the same as he's managed if we want to compete in Europe.
    So you think a player with 10 goals and 11 assists isn't any good and not talented? Can he improve, 100% he can but youan is the least of our worries imo.

So.......which forward thinking player was better than Youan yesterday?

Totally agree - the decision making is a fatal flaw. It’s like a 5 foot Centre half, a full back who can’t tackle or a striker who can’t shoot.

Just because he was better than Marcondes and Boyle yesterday - who were both abysmal - cannot be used as any sort of defence of him. It’s the lowest and crappest of bars. He didn’t do what we needed him to do when it mattered most and it has proven costly, very costly.

The players who happened to be worse than him yesterday deserve conversations of their own.

@hibs.net private member
    Much as Youan frustrates the heck out of me, based on current form, id have him starting before Martin Boyle who has been contributing very little off late.

Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    So you think a player with 10 goals and 11 assists isn't any good and not talented? Can he improve, 100% he can but youan is the least of our worries imo.
    Decent enough goals return for the position he plays but doesn't contribute nearly enough.

Don't you think we could find better?

Why always stick with average at best? Let's reach for the stars for a change.

Decent enough goals return for the position he plays but doesn't contribute nearly enough.

Based on recent permanent signings recently no I don't think we could sign better, if we got players like maolida then absolutely but can't see it, I'd rather our budget went on good defenders and a good keeper than replacing youan as that's where our real issue are

That moment when he should have squared the ball for a guaranteed goal and go two up.

I never saw any of his team mates have a go at him.

I can only imagine what Neil Lennon would have said to him had he played alongside him or if he’d been his manager.

First Team Breakthrough
    I agree.

Boyle is most effective being played in behind defenders from a quick counter attack.

For all LJ's failings, he had us setup brilliantly to use the pace of Boyle and Youan on either wing.

Boyle, Youan and Vente all look unhappy in NM's system. ALF barely gets a game. That's the 4 best attackers we have on our books.

No wonder we're in the position we are.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    That moment when he should have squared the ball for a guaranteed goal and go two up.

I can only imagine what Neil Lennon would have said to him had he played alongside him or if he’d been his manager.
    The rose tinted specs about Lennon really need to be removed. He would be a disaster coming back to Hibs, think people forget how bad things got under him as well before he imploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post

Marcondes went mental at him after he didn't square it

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    The rose tinted specs about Lennon really need to be removed. He would be a disaster coming back to Hibs, think people forget how bad things got under him as well before he imploded.
    I ageee about NL returning but his point is valid, can you imagine that not being squared in mcleish’s team and nobody saying anything to him mixu would have been through him like a bad curry if he was waiting on that in the box

S Club 0-7

@hibs.net private member

If Youan was 21 or 22 I would say there was a player in there but in his mid twenties he isn't going to improve in terms of basic decision making. He is a me player not an us player and his work rate and decision making off the ball is still very poor. I was never the biggest fan of Scott Allan for similar reasons. He gave the ball away so often when a better option was available and never worked off the ball but he was the only player like that in a team who had loads of grafters so for the most part he was worth a place as the cherry on top type player. We have quite a few players who give the ball away trying to do something and that means we often give it away when we have overcommitted up front and are vulnerable on the break. These players are typically not great at defending set pieces etc either so we struggle with them too. I want a manager that realises this is Scottish football where grit and work rate get you a long way. Just watching Simon Murray scoring yet another goal. Elie isn't a Scottish type player

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    If Youan was 21 or 22 I would say there was a player in there but in his mid twenties he isn't going to improve in terms of basic decision making. He is a me player not an us player and his work rate and decision making off the ball is still very poor. I was never the biggest fan of Scott Allan for similar reasons. He gave the ball away so often when a better option was available and never worked off the ball but he was the only player like that in a team who had loads of grafters so for the most part he was worth a place as the cherry on top type player. We have quite a few players who give the ball away trying to do something and that means we often give it away when we have overcommitted up front and are vulnerable on the break. These players are typically not great at defending set pieces etc either so we struggle with them too. I want a manager that realises this is Scottish football where grit and work rate get you a long way. Just watching Simon Murray scoring yet another goal. Elie isn't a Scottish type player
    Why can’t he improve on his basic decision making? Improvements don’t stop when you reach a certain age. Look at Jamie Vardy he was a late developer.