hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Youan

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

Youan

Take what we can for him. Talented player but plays for himself and makes us a poorer overall team despite the moments he’s capable of. Crazy if we turned down in the region of a couple of million in January if the rumours were accurate.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If someone offers that kind of money then fine. However, he actually turned into a valuable member of the team under Johnson once he settled. He's a prime example of how badly we've slipped under Monty.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    We need a team - not individuals- he’s too much of a luxury for me but I just hope we can get someone a bit like him but better and a team player .

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Honking. Might get a nice Instagram reel tho

show pony

gtf
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If someone offers that kind of money then fine. However, he actually turned into a valuable member of the team under Johnson once he settled. He's a prime example of how badly we've slipped under Monty.
    He went missing, along with everyone else, during the frequent losing streaks last season. I think it’s perception rather than reality that he’s much different this season than last IMO.

He is what he is. Job of the manager is to recognise that and take him off if trying to see out a win

Futsal player. Never a football player. Said it for long enough

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Solanke to Hibs -a cert 😂

Blog Entries
    He gets the ball in promising positions, but you just know that his final pass (rare) and shot will be useless.

He was absolute 💩 today, should have been hooked 👎

People slagged LJ for talking about 'football IQ'. I thought it was one of the few things he said that really made sense. Watching Youan for 10 minutes shows you what he meant.

Guy will score goals and get assists, his stats back that up, and he has bags of natural ability. Absolutely no brain in his head though so he's destined to play at a mediocre level for the entirety of his career.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    He went missing, along with everyone else, during the frequent losing streaks last season. I think it’s perception rather than reality that he’s much different this season than last IMO.
    He was fairly rubbbish until January but from then I'd say was consistently good until the last game of the season when Johnson couldn't work out how to beat 10 men and he tried to beat the whole team alone. I then thought he looked above our level at the start of the season. You could tell he was really motivated to beat Luzern — a decent manager would work out how to get that player to perform like that every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People slagged LJ for talking about 'football IQ'. I thought it was one of the few things he said that really made sense. Watching Youan for 10 minutes shows you what he meant.

Guy will score goals and get assists, his stats back that up, and he has bags of natural ability. Absolutely no brain in his head though so he's destined to play at a mediocre level for the entirety of his career.
    Makes a great run down the left and doesn't play the simple pass to Boyle on the 6yd line, this sums up Youan perfectly and the reason he's here, move him on and use the money to get Myziane.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Futsal player. Never a football player. Said it for long enough
    You are wrong, no matter how much you say it, he is a footballer, just one with poor decision making and focussed on himself.

When he is in the right head space he has been impressive for us, when he isn't he is awful.

He’s clearly a very talented player, his decision making is hopeless 90% of the time though. He could’ve had a hattrick today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Agree with everything that has been said on this thread about his lack of a football brain - but I would add one more criticism. He is without doubt the biggest *****bag I've ever seen as a professional footballer. How he's got to that age and has no ability to win a 70/30 tackle in his favour, let alone a 50/50 is utterly beyond me. He shat out of at least 3 tackles today, could have been more.

And on that point what also baffles me is that his teammates let him get away with it - no leadership, no one going mental at him. Symbolic of the boyband mentality that Lennon was often criticised for talking about.

Not for me. Will go against grain here. He has faults yes but also very talented. Keep him and get a manager that gets the best out of him. One of a few that I can be bothered watching. He frustrates the hell out of me at times but other times is unplayable. He was rubbish today but I still like him. Far more at fault in the team than Youan - starting with the goalkeeper and defence.
    Youan was better than Marcondes today. And Boyle done nowt which is becoming the norm.
    (Though I like Boyle too so would keep them both)

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Should have been walking out with the match ball and a couple of assists.

How Montgomery didn't take him off is beyond me. Actually it's not really come to think of it.

How has he regressed so much?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    yes,managers fault and his own decisions on the park.

He’s gone backwards under the current manager. I’d prefer to keep him and work with him to utilise his assets in the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post
    He’s gone backwards under the current manager. I’d prefer to keep him and work with him to utilise his assets in the right way.
    So what would you do to do that?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He’s got better stats than he did under LJ. He’s pretty much the same as he’s always been imo, most frustrating player we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He’s got better stats than he did under LJ. He’s pretty much the same as he’s always been imo, most frustrating player we have.
    Last year’s stats include when he arrived and took a while to get up to speed. By the end of the season and the beginning of this one had had developed into a potential multi million pound player. His decision making and his impact on games was much improved. He’s gone back to being much more frustrating.

Last year’s stats include when he arrived and took a while to get up to speed. By the end of the season and the beginning of this one had had developed into a potential multi million pound player. His decision making and his impact on games was much improved. He’s gone back to being much more frustrating.
    So Heisenberg is saying his stats are better but you are dismissing some of his initial games as him getting up to speed. So where are you actually starting the comparison from?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Cannae believe the grief he gets to be honest. He’s never gonnae be a superstar but **** me, compared to some of the guffys we’ve had even just the last few seasons he’s brilliant.

A very capable attacking threat, but he’s no the smartest and cannae track back.

Gies an Elie over a Chris mueller or Sylvester Jasper or Harry McKirdy or Kamberi anyday.

The guys no going to go to a higher level and succeed but I still always think he’s someone who can make something happen

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Also agree that he’d probably look better under a capable manager

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    So Heisenberg is saying his stats are better but you are dismissing some of his initial games as him getting up to speed. So where are you actually starting the comparison from?
    I don’t particularly care about stats. They tell you some things but not everything and have little context. He became a better player overall towards the end of last season and the beginning of this season. He might be showing better figures for assists and goals, if comparing against his first season but I’d think anyone assessing with their own eyes would see he isn’t anywhere near overall the player we thought he was becoming at the start of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    Not for me. Will go against grain here. He has faults yes but also very talented. Keep him and get a manager that gets the best out of him. One of a few that I can be bothered watching. He frustrates the hell out of me at times but other times is unplayable. He was rubbish today but I still like him. Far more at fault in the team than Youan - starting with the goalkeeper and defence.
    Youan was better than Marcondes today. And Boyle done nowt which is becoming the norm.
    (Though I like Boyle too so would keep them both)
    Looking at the players under contract for next year… would it be unfair to point out that whilst we’ve had all sorts of problems elsewhere in our team, we’ve not had nearly enough out of Youan and Boyle this season? They’re both players we’re expecting to be our best.

It started on the first day of the season when Robinson came to ER with a plan to stifle our supply to them both and did a great job of it.

Yes, someone’s going to come on and provide stats suggesting Youan HAS provided an end product for us. Around those goals and assists though are some woeful performances, some costly defensive lapses.

Maolida has come in and shown some end product and consistency, without which we wouldn’t even have been in with a shout of top 6 at this stage in the season.

We have very few contracted players I’m looking forward to seeing next season. I like Cadden, NMW has promise. Can’t really be bothered with any of the rest of them.
    Last edited by Smartie; 13-04-2024 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Take what we can for him. Talented player but plays for himself and makes us a poorer overall team despite the moments he’s capable of. Crazy if we turned down in the region of a couple of million in January if the rumours were accurate.
    The problems at Hibs just now are far, far bigger than Elie Youan. I would guess that he doesn't set the tactics; pick the team or decide what role he plays. Elie is a player. LJ got more out of him.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    A very frustrating player for sure but there's plenty of other players in the squad who should be getting stick before him.

A good Manager, if we ever get one, would work out how to get the best out of him and when to play him and when not to play him, e.g., hook him in the last 10 minutes of the Ross County game.