hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fraud

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can understand why people might think our head coach or board aren't good enough if they are in complete denial of the large amount of points the officials have cost us through blatantly incorrect decisions this season. But it is odd that there are some people who can acknowledge the horrendous refereeing of our games this season yet still adopt that opinion.

Whether Montgomery is a particularly good head coach or not, he was good enough to comfortably get us into the top six. A ludicrous amount of terrible refereeing decisions prevented that. The refereeing decisions have already hit us financially. It would be unfortunate if they ultimately cost Montgomery his job.
    Completely agree with this point. We aren't talking one or two we are talking every key game changing decision since January and should be taken into account however there is no doubt key performances and results have been nowhere near good enough. I would keep him on as think he would turn it around though appreciate there are other opinions out there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    Monty had to draw/beat St J at home last week or hold on for an extra 20 seconds yesterday. That’s no one else’s fault but our own
    Surely we aren't blaming the manager for players making crap decisions, the marking last week for both goals was terrible, the equaliser yesterday was poor defending despite it being a crap finish. While I think the style of play is boring and some decisions around formations and subs has been questionable I don't think we can pin these goals against on NM

Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    Surely we aren't blaming the manager for players making crap decisions, the marking last week for both goals was terrible, the equaliser yesterday was poor defending despite it being a crap finish. While I think the style of play is boring and some decisions around formations and subs has been questionable I don't think we can pin these goals against on NM
    Blaming him for the setup and style of play. Players also at fault for errors but we all know in football the buck stops with the manager

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    What a mental post this is.

“He was good enough to comfortably get us into the top 6” whilst we’re currently in 7th place and miss out on top 6 🤣

Officials have been terrible but they’ve been terrible for everyone imo, this season especially

This is getting towards Celtic/rangers level of paranoia and moon howling

We’ve not made top 6 because the players and our manager haven’t been good enough. The player situ will be addressed in the summer and hopefully the manager will too.
    So they all even themselves out. Completely disagree with that we have been shafted from a grand height even folk like Tom English not naturally one sympathetic to us admits that.

The manager prefers bushiri to Hanlon.

The manager thought Triantis was the answer in January.

Most of the squad is *****, but so is the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Or Boyle. The boy seems to be wearing a teflon suit as all the angry keyboard warriors line up to slaughter Youan, who at least contributes goals and assists.
    Very good point. Youan at least got us up the pitch yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post

Is Bushiri any worse than Hanlon? Both different strengths and weaknesses. Hanlon has taken pelters on here.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He's an arrogant idiot who has never taken any responsibility for our pitiful results this season. Never his fault.
    That's poor stuff. It's obviously not worked out for him as manager but there is no need for the personal stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Is Bushiri any worse than Hanlon? Both different strengths and weaknesses. Hanlon has taken pelters on here.
    Significantly worse IMO, really poor judgement from the manager.

Hanlon is not any better than bushiri that's why, let's not kid on that hanlon is any good now, folk wanted him dropped a long time ago

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Can I ask & sorry if already mentioned
    But how on this green earth was spittal violent conduct that definitely would have changed the course/outcome of the game?
    Tin hat on securely

Officials have kinda messed with potential points too many to mention but I say give NM till the end of the season hopefully we can get a run of wins to breed a bit of confidence

GG2TH

Hanlon is not any better than bushiri that's why
    He really is. By a distance too.

He really is. By a distance too.
    If that's what you think then fair enough, hanlon has rightly been dropped as he isn't good enough

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    If you are asking if ‘ALL the games we’ve thrown away points late in are the refs fault’, the answer is no. Thats not really the question is it?

Personally i think that claiming that weve had it no worse than any other team from refs this season is the maddest thing ive read on here this weekend, but each to their own.
    But you haven’t watched as many other teams games as hibs games so how do you know for sure we’ve had it worse?

This season in particular has seen many teams in the league speaking out against refs and VAR.

Claiming that to be solely responsible whilst advising monty is good enough to have us finishing top 6 comfortably has absolutely zero basis to it. If he was good enough to have comfortably in top 6, we’d be there

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    But how on this green earth was spittal not sent off for violent conduct that definitely would have changed the course/outcome of the game?
    Tin hat on securely

Officials have kinda messed with potential points too many to mention but I say give NM till the end of the season hopefully we can get a run of wins to breed a bit of confidence

GG2TH
    Last edited by My old man; 14-04-2024 at 11:23 AM.

Kensell is the biggest fraud at ER.

Nothing will improve whilst he is running the club.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Maybe it's just me though I hate the terms fraud, clown and wage thief . I don't think wither it's our manager , member of staff or a player generally comes to our club to do badly . Yes by all means call for folk to leave the club if you feel they aren't doing a good job though leave the name calling out of it . No need for it imo .

Absolutely this. I don't think anybody at any football club in any position sets out not to try.

There is such a thing as simply not being very good at what you do no matter how much you want to be. Along with that there is lack of experience and at times just bad luck.

At this club all these things have been factors this season.

1) The Gordons should be nowhere near on field matters ... off field done a good job. On field they know nothing.

2) The time for inexperienced managers is over ... way over .... The next guy has to have experience EG McInnes ... no more first timers, or folk with no experience of this league as a player or manager.

Quote Originally Posted by My old man View Post
    But how on this green earth was spittal not sent off for violent conduct that definitely would have changed the course/outcome of the game?
    Tin hat on securely

GG2TH
    If Boyle hadn’t pushed Spittal in the same way Spittal pushed Bushiri then Spittal might’ve been sent off. As it was the referee took the sensible option and booked both players instead of sending both off.

@hibs.net private member
    FRAUD is absolutely NOT a word to apply to Monty although his inexperience has certainly cost us at times.

It is on the other hand a term you could apply to many of the officials this term. They have been abysmal for Hibs this season - costing us points again and again and not in a way that has evened itself out.

That said we have often been architects in our own downfall and Monty has played his part in that what with sticking religiously to a formation and style that wasn't working for about 4 months and some ineffectual and sometimes damaging subs. He has lost the tactical battle to more wiley but less resourced opponents on several occasions and has not made up for that to date with any wins over the OF that we could credit to his tactical nous.

He has struggled to get the best out of his squad - playing a style that is less adventurous than his predecessor while still failing to rectify the porous defence that was also an issue under LJ.

I like to see a manager given a fair crack of the whip but struggle to justify persisting with Monty on what I have seen so far. We were terrible over Xmas - even if badly affected by international absences - and after threatening to show some consistency of performance following the 0-3 embarrassment vs St Mirren, we have now slumped back into suicide mode in recent games at the very point when the chips were down and we needed to show resilience to salvage our season.

For the reasons above I would shed no tears if we parted company with Monty. He is no fraud - its a tough job at Hibs and many have failed before him. I just don't think it would be any great loss - he might grow into a first rate coach some day but in the here and now we need to do better.

This is as well and good but we need Lennie back - an angry man fae oor culture who ****ing hates the Estanlishment and the gorgie and Ibrox ciiphers. YLt

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My old man View Post
    Tin hat on securely

GG2TH
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    If Boyle hadn’t pushed Spittal in the same way Spittal pushed Bushiri then Spittal might’ve been sent off. As it was the referee took the sensible option and booked both players instead of sending both off.

A push in the chest isn't a red card - always a yellow card offence.

Quote Originally Posted by buktapurple79 View Post
    This is as well and good but we need Lennie back - an angry man fae oor culture who ****ing hates the Estanlishment and the gorgie and Ibrox ciiphers. YLt

Our culture? Please elaborate

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    So is Youan. Biggest waste of a jersey since Alan O'Brian. Murder.
    What a strange comparison. Youan contributes with goals and assists and O’Brien offered nothing.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    What an utterly terrible comment. Actually laughable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rumble de Thump is spot on. You need to think about your own moon howling ‘officials have been terrible but theyve been terrible for everyone’. You have to be joking with that.

You dont have to think that Monty is the new Pep to also acknowledge weve been shafted again and again this season with insane decisions.
    Every team gets bad decisions though. we can't use that as an excuse for very inadequate defending. As much as i agree with posters confirming its not overly montys fault due to inexperience etc it is definitely the behind the scenes who need the shake up we've continuously ignored the fact the defence needs addressed and its costing us time and time again. We waste ludicrous amounts of chances when we should bury games and unfortunately we dont have the defence to help us see the games out. thats what separated us from Kilmarnock, Hearts and Even St Mirren. We've conceded 17 more goals thank Kilmarnock in a season. and only scored 1 more than them. thats not officials thats alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieHendo View Post
    Every team gets bad decisions though. we can't use that as an excuse for very inadequate defending. As much as i agree with posters confirming its not overly montys fault due to inexperience etc it is definitely the behind the scenes who need the shake up we've continuously ignored the fact the defence needs addressed and its costing us time and time again. We waste ludicrous amounts of chances when we should bury games and unfortunately we dont have the defence to help us see the games out. thats what separated us from Kilmarnock, Hearts and Even St Mirren. We've conceded 17 more goals thank Kilmarnock in a season. and only scored 1 more than them. thats not officials thats alarming.
    Not that I've watched other teams consistently though I doubt there's many teams that have had as many as us this season which I don't think is an excuse but a part of what went wrong for us this season too .

The main problem in the team was the midfield which we improved in January , the defence and possibly the goalkeeper situation was the two other areas we need to look at as well as a clear out. There's players like Tait , Henderson , Mackay , Kenneh , Mckirdy etc coming back too that decisions will have to be made on too .

One January transfer window was never going to solve all our problems in one big swoop . I think you make an interesting point about us conceding 17 more goals than Killie and only scoring 1 more and yet the year earlier after they came up Killie only scored 37 and conceded 62 goals that season also losing 20 out of 38 league games .

There was a quite a few Killie fans unhappy though the Killie board I suspect felt the manager needed more time which is what most managers need including our own imo .
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 15-04-2024 at 02:28 PM.

There is literally nothing right with this post. Actually, i take that back, you managed to spell one of the two Hibs players’ names right.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    But you haven’t watched as many other teams games as hibs games so how do you know for sure we’ve had it worse?

This season in particular has seen many teams in the league speaking out against refs and VAR.

Claiming that to be solely responsible whilst advising monty is good enough to have us finishing top 6 comfortably has absolutely zero basis to it. If he was good enough to have comfortably in top 6, we’d be there
    Surely we can make a judgement on VAR just going by our games. I reckon we have been shafted 7 or 8 times and maybe had a couple of ropey calls in our favour.

Whichever way you look at it that's a considerable negative in the points column.

You don't have to want the manager to stay or think our performances have been up to scratch to accept that we have had a right good kicking from the officials this season which has almost certainly cost us a place in the top six.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Maybe it's just me though I hate the terms fraud, clown and wage thief . I don't think wither it's our manager , member of staff or a player generally comes to our club to do badly . Yes by all means call for folk to leave the club if you feel they aren't doing a good job though leave the name calling out of it . No need for it imo .
    bang on - although Calderclown kinda stuck - I agree it’s lazy tabloid pseudo analysis.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.