hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fraud

@hibs.net private member

Fraud

No improvement, no tactics… Monty is a clown

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    So is Youan. Biggest waste of a jersey since Alan O'Brian. Murder.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So is Youan. Biggest waste of a jersey since Alan O'Brian. Murder.
    Really. Youan and o’brian… I’m all for going after this squad after this season but those two aren’t even close. How many goals and assists did obrian get for us out of curiosity for hibs?

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Postiga View Post
    Really. Youan and o’brian… I’m all for going after this squad after this season but those two aren’t even close. How many goals and assists did obrian get for us out of curiosity for hibs?
    A big fat zero would be my guess

The biggest fraud is who is appointing these frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    No improvement, no tactics… Monty is a clown
    He’s not a fraud or a clown. He has done the best he can. It’s not his fault he lacks the experience or knowledge needed to succeed in this league. Those appointing him knew that and took a gamble that looks to have failed.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Ben Kensell absolute wage thief. Terrible decision after terrible decision.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    He’s not a fraud or a clown. He has done the best he can. It’s not his fault he lacks the experience or knowledge needed to succeed in this league. Those appointing him knew that and took a gamble that looks to have failed.
    I bear no animosity towards Montgomery but as his best is not and probably never will be good enough, he has no future with us.

@hibs.net private member
    Keep clapping

Maybe it's just me though I hate the terms fraud, clown and wage thief . I don't think wither it's our manager , member of staff or a player generally comes to our club to do badly . Yes by all means call for folk to leave the club if you feel they aren't doing a good job though leave the name calling out of it . No need for it imo .

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    You can understand how they may have been taken in by LJ’s gift of the gab but it’s hard to fathom why they plumped for Monty. The worry is, when he goes it will be the same incompetents looking for his replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Maybe it's just me though I hate the terms fraud, clown and wage thief . I don't think wither it's our manager , member of staff or a player generally comes to our club to do badly . Yes by all means call for folk to leave the club if you feel they aren't doing a good job though leave the name calling out of it . No need for it imo .
    I agree. I don't think he's a fraud. Calderwod and a few others were at it but I think NM is a decent sort. He's just a crap manager.

First Team Breakthrough
    He's not a fraud at all.

Give him another season or two and he might come good. It's not what most of us want right now, but that doesn't mean he hasn't tried his best - or pretends to be something he's not (LJ).

He's inexperienced, the league he managed in before is obviously of lower playing and managerial standard.

NM thought his tactics at CCM would apply 1 to 1 here, they didn't and he had to eventually become more flexible in his formations.

He thought that he could get away with changes to the spine of the team and bring on teenagers when we needed to see games out... He couldn't and subsequently learned from those mistakes too.

That isn't the sign of a fraud or charlatan, it's indicative of being naive and inexperienced.

He's clearly just not at the level we expected and need him to be.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

It’s not his fault he lacks the experience or knowledge needed to succeed in this league.
    Is it not his job to learn and gain the experience necessary to succeed in this league? He has continuously made the same basic errors over and over again while making no attempt to address them. And it's not like this is the Bundesliga. It's a league where basic semi-competent decision making is the difference between gaining points and dropping them. His failure to alter the tactics throughout the season is entirely his own fault.

@hibs.net private member
    Just sack him

Boy on longbangers made the excellent point of saying how when Monty was appointed how he had done his research and what a good squad he had at his disposal.

He’s done absolutely nothing, not one notable win, in cup or league imo. Closest to that would have been Aberdeen at home, where Marshall played a blinder.

I can understand why people might think our head coach or board aren't good enough if they are in complete denial of the large amount of points the officials have cost us through blatantly incorrect decisions this season. But it is odd that there are some people who can acknowledge the horrendous refereeing of our games this season yet still adopt that opinion.

Whether Montgomery is a particularly good head coach or not, he was good enough to comfortably get us into the top six. A ludicrous amount of terrible refereeing decisions prevented that. The refereeing decisions have already hit us financially. It would be unfortunate if they ultimately cost Montgomery his job.

He's an arrogant idiot who has never taken any responsibility for our pitiful results this season. Never his fault.

He’s coached the team with his methods for 6 months

We have a style of play

It’s just no very good

He has failed to coach the defence to a better standard

Signings or not that is a poor sign of management that nothing particular in defence has improved

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    I can understand why people might think our head coach or board aren't good enough if they are in complete denial of the large amount of points the officials have cost us through blatantly incorrect decisions this season. But it is odd that there are some people who can acknowledge the horrendous refereeing of our games this season yet still adopt that opinion.

Whether Montgomery is a particularly good head coach or not, he was good enough to comfortably get us into the top six. A ludicrous amount of terrible refereeing decisions prevented that. The refereeing decisions have already hit us financially. It would be unfortunate if they ultimately cost Montgomery his job.
    Wtf?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

Nah. Just watch the 2 St Johnstone goals from last week. That's the sort of thing that's cost us top 6.

I'm sympathetic to this, but it's why we always needed two goals in games like yesterday or to be able to close down the game effectively.

The last four games saw us get 2 points with four points dropped in the lat 2 mins of matches. That said, if we had won 1-0 yesterday it would have been on the back of a soft penalty and the rarity of a decision going our way when it probably shouldn't have.

First Team Breakthrough
    Thread title would work for Marcondes. Contributed next to nothing while here and should have been hooked early in his last few games. Been ridiculously poor since the home game against Ross County.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

What a mental post this is.

“He was good enough to comfortably get us into the top 6” whilst we’re currently in 7th place and miss out on top 6 🤣

Officials have been terrible but they’ve been terrible for everyone imo, this season especially

This is getting towards Celtic/rangers level of paranoia and moon howling

We’ve not made top 6 because the players and our manager haven’t been good enough. The player situ will be addressed in the summer and hopefully the manager will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    What a mental post this is.

“He was good enough to comfortably get us into the top 6” whilst we’re currently in 7th place and miss out on top 6 🤣

Officials have been terrible but they’ve been terrible for everyone imo, this season especially

This is getting towards Celtic/rangers level of paranoia and moon howling

We’ve not made top 6 because the players and our manager haven’t been good enough. The player situ will be addressed in the summer and hopefully the manager will too.
    Rumble de Thump is spot on. You need to think about your own moon howling ‘officials have been terrible but theyve been terrible for everyone’. You have to be joking with that.

You dont have to think that Monty is the new Pep to also acknowledge weve been shafted again and again this season with insane decisions.

Kensell is the biggest fraud at ER.

Nothing will improve whilst he is running the club.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNor View Post
    Thread title would work for Marcondes. Contributed next to nothing while here and should have been hooked early in his last few games. Been ridiculously poor since the home game against Ross County.
    Or Boyle. The boy seems to be wearing a teflon suit as all the angry keyboard warriors line up to slaughter Youan, who at least contributes goals and assists.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Rumble de Thump is spot on. You need to think about your own moon howling ‘officials have been terrible but theyve been terrible for everyone’. You have to be joking with that.

You dont have to think that Monty is the new Pep to also acknowledge weve been shafted again and again this season with insane decisions.
    Yep we have but you can’t throw out statements like monty’s good enough to finish comfortably in the top 6 when he hasn’t achieved it

What about all the games we’ve thrown away in last 5minutes this season? Is that the referees fault as well aye?

We shouldn’t be finding ourselves losing out on top 6 to killie, st mirren, dundee regardless of refereeing decisions

You’re right I don’t think Montys pep, I don’t even think he’s as good as the manager he replaced to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

Monty had to draw/beat St J at home last week or hold on for an extra 20 seconds yesterday. That’s no one else’s fault but our own

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Yep we have but you can’t throw out statements like monty’s good enough to finish comfortably in the top 6 when he hasn’t achieved it

What about all the games we’ve thrown away in last 5minutes this season? Is that the referees fault as well aye?

We shouldn’t be finding ourselves losing out on top 6 to killie, st mirren, dundee regardless of refereeing decisions
    If you are asking if ‘ALL the games we’ve thrown away points late in are the refs fault’, the answer is no. Thats not really the question is it?

Personally i think that claiming that weve had it no worse than any other team from refs this season is the maddest thing ive read on here this weekend, but each to their own.