hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bill Foley will undoubtedly be the chief decision maker at the club from now on with the Gordon’s being the “front” - I’ve absolutely no doubt about that.
    Why?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Why?
    Because he is and will be 👍 he’s not fronting up millions each season to be a silent partner in Hibs. He’ll be making the major decisions and appointments in future. He’ll load the gun, the Gordon’s will fire the bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    Ben Kensell should be the first to get ****ed out the door, take his sunbed subscription and his sooped up BMW 1 Series with him. Absolute WELT.
    Why? By all accounts the commercial side has improved massively since he took over. Our problem is the footballing side which is responsible for the managerial and player recruitment process and is not led by him.

Marshall
    Hanlon
    Stevenson
    Rocky
    Newell
    Boyle
    Levitt
    Tavares
    Youan
    ALF

I would move them all on in the summer if we can. Some big wages in there that don't justify them.

As for the loanees I would only be trying to sign Myziane and Marcondes those 2 are the only 2 with pass marks since January for me.

First Team Breakthrough
    Think we have to start from scratch. New CEO, manager and squad.

We've spent pretty heavily in the last 2 summers, I was excited by guys like Vente. I just looked him up, he'd scored 5 by the end of September in all competitions, but only 2 since. How does this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    It is utter failure, but for all the angry posts tonight - someone will be along soon to say things aren't that bad. Unfortunately there is little real pressure from the supporters on those running the club, when they should be under intense pressure. The stewardship of the Club since the Gordons came on the scene has been an almost unmitigated disaster.
    Spot on. Over to the fans to withhold ST renewals until suitable action has been taken.

I’ve no idea what that action is though, to be honest.

Kensell is hopeless, should be emptied.

The Gordons, are hopeless and appear to have zero idea how to run a successful club.

Bill Foley appears to be the panacea for a lot of folk. The guys nearly 80, short term option in reality.

Be an interesting 5-10 years ahead for HFC.

Because he is and will be 👍 he’s not fronting up millions each season to be a silent partner in Hibs. He’ll be making the major decisions and appointments in future. He’ll load the gun, the Gordon’s will fire the bullets.
    For how long?

And then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    As a club we have stagnated and maybe even regressed these last 5 years. Massive issues at the club and I don’t trust anyone there to bring in the right manager and players. Disgrace all round both on and off the pitch
    Hard to disagree with any of this, typical our only good season was Infront of no fans.

Most of us have seen these kind of seasons many of times, was really excited when Ron first arrived, things have gone backwards for sure.

Time for the Foley era and clear everything behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage-Patch View Post
    Marshall
    Hanlon
    Stevenson
    Rocky
    Newell
    Boyle
    Levitt
    Tavares
    Youan
    ALF

I would move them all on in the summer if we can. Some big wages in there that don't justify them.

As for the loanees I would only be trying to sign Myziane and Marcondes those 2 are the only 2 with pass marks since January for me.
    Newell
    Youan
    Boyle

I would keep from that list, don't forget JDH, Tait and Mackay to move on.

Would also be trying to move on Miller if I'm honest.

We pretty much need a whole new first 11 which is alarming and also costly.

I've said this on another thread but we have basically just peed our £6 million investment against a wall by failing to make it into Europe. How much more is Foley likely to put in now?

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Marshall
    Hanlon
    Stevenson
    Rocky
    Newell
    Boyle
    Levitt
    Tavares
    Youan
    ALF

No way would I be keeping Marcondes. Mediocre player on substantial wages’ no thanks.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    No way would I be keeping Marcondes. Mediocre player on substantial wages’ no thanks.
    If that’s what £15k a week gets you how much do we actually need to spend though? Frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Spot on. Over to the fans to withhold ST renewals until suitable action has been taken.

I’ve no idea what that action is though, to be honest.

Kensell is hopeless, should be emptied.

The Gordons, are hopeless and appear to have zero idea how to run a successful club.

Bill Foley appears to be the panacea for a lot of folk. The guys nearly 80, short term option in reality.

Be an interesting 5-10 years ahead for HFC.
    Its a hard read but 100 percent agree, getting led down the garden path by chancers, not renewing til I see some kind of serious people Ala Leanne in charge of the club again.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    If that’s what £15k a week gets you how much do we actually need to spend though? Frightening.
    That's one of the conundrums...

Watched a podcast about QPR issues recently. Very similar issues to our endless hamster wheel of spending more money than less affluent clubs but the players who were acquired by them to satisfy ambition and expectations didn't deliver enough to merit their wage bill. Contracts were lucrative so no desire to move on. Could kind of relate to it...

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    How’s that working out at Lorient ?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Marshall
    Hanlon
    Stevenson
    Rocky
    Newell
    Boyle
    Levitt
    Tavares
    Youan
    ALF

I’m along those lines. Not feasible to move on all I would like to/what’s required, but my team for next season would be:

New Gk

Obita
    New CB
    New CB
    New RB (could live with Cadden)

Amos
    NMW
    New AM

New LW (praying Maolida likes Edinburgh as no other reason for him to stay)
    New CF (Vente too limited to be the focal point IMO)
    New RW

Guys like Boyle, Youan, Newell & Emiliano have quality but for a number of reasons haven’t done enough IMO to be guaranteed starters next season. Quality options, but wouldn’t be bothered if any of them weren’t here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    How’s that working out at Lorient ?
    Early days but they are about where they usually are? It is a smaller league these days and they’ve always been a team that have been at the lower end.

The team aren't learning from their mistakes.
    Our manager says the same thing in interviews every week- so he's not learning from his mistakes either.
    Where's our Captain on the pitch?
    Where's our fight & passion?

We didn't deserve top six, if we're all honest. But, we've got very important games left to play..

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post
    Early days but they are about where they usually are? It is a smaller league these days and they’ve always been a team that have been at the lower end.
    So they haven’t exerted major influence and ripped everything up ? I genuinely don’t know as I haven’t paid any attention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Gut the squad. No more the case for our key players being that they are the “least of our problems”. Players like McGinn, McGeough, Allan, McGregor, prime Boyle etc were all talked up on merit. Not their case for being they aren’t as poor as others.
    This is as important as the managerial appointment. We need a root and branch clear out of the squad. We simply can’t keep persevering with these players and expecting a different outcome. I’m genuinely struggling to think of who I would keep, probably Boyle and Obita, that’s it.

You're kidding yourself. The Gordons have put more money in than Foley has. If he throws his weight around they can say thanks for the £6million -cheerio.Depends if they think they can get him to pony up every year.He's not going to be around for ever.On the money side they've played a blinder.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I’m along those lines. Not feasible to move on all I would like to/what’s required, but my team for next season would be:

New Gk

Obita
    New CB
    New CB
    New RB (could live with Cadden)

Amos
    NMW
    New AM

New LW (praying Maolida likes Edinburgh as no other reason for him to stay)
    New CF (Vente too limited to be the focal point IMO)
    New RW

Guys like Boyle, Youan, Newell & Emiliano have quality but for a number of reasons haven’t done enough IMO to be guaranteed starters next season. Quality options, but wouldn’t be bothered if any of them weren’t here next season.
    Amos record pre hibs signing him suggest he will play 7 games a season. Another crazy contract offered

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We are regressing on the pitch. Action needs to be taken asap to address it - I hoped Brian McDermott would be the catalyst for that change but as far as I can tell, he's not done a root and branch review of the football operations at the club and set things in place that will see success in the short, medium, or long term, and I think that's something that should have been done.

The Gordons need help - Ron had never run a football club before, and Ian and Kit haven't run a football club before. They need to get expert help as a priority, and they need to look from Kensell down at whether we've got the right people in the right positions across the club. We need to review the whole football operation, from the sports science guys, to the analysts, to the recruitment team, the coaches, players, and the manager. Everything should be under the spotlight and nobody should feel that they are out of scope for that review.

I said on another thread, Ian Gordon needs to get on the phone to Bill Foley as soon as possible and find out to the letter, how to set a sports side up for success. Don't be precious about anything or anyone at the club, this can't continue and the slide needs to be stopped. This should be a pivotal moment for the club that kick starts a massive improvement.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    You're kidding yourself. The Gordons have put more money in than Foley has. If he throws his weight around they can say thanks for the £6million -cheerio.Depends if they think they can get him to pony up every year.He's not going to be around for ever.On the money side they've played a blinder.
    I’m not kidding myself at all - Foley will call the shots moving forward 👍

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    We are regressing on the pitch. Action needs to be taken asap to address it - I hoped Brian McDermott would be the catalyst for that change but as far as I can tell, he's not done a root and branch review of the football operations at the club and set things in place that will see success in the short, medium, or long term, and I think that's something that should have been done.

The Gordons need help - Ron had never run a football club before, and Ian and Kit haven't run a football club before. They need to get expert help as a priority, and they need to look from Kensell down at whether we've got the right people in the right positions across the club. We need to review the whole football operation, from the sports science guys, to the analysts, to the recruitment team, the coaches, players, and the manager. Everything should be under the spotlight and nobody should feel that they are out of scope for that review.

I said on another thread, Ian Gordon needs to get on the phone to Bill Foley as soon as possible and find out to the letter, how to set a sports side up for success. Don't be precious about anything or anyone at the club, this can't continue and the slide needs to be stopped. This should be a pivotal moment for the club that kick starts a massive improvement.
    You're absolutely right mate, unfortunately I have little faith that this will be done though. I honestly don't think the Gordons or Kensell actually realise what needs to be done. They will be of the opinion that we just need to appoint another manager and get that right then all will be rosy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The whole point of Foley investing in this club was that rightly he looked at the Scottish premiership and concluded that what for his group would be a modest investment he could raise one of the clubs in the league to a level above it's 9 non Uglies competitors.

That is absolutely possible and if anything this season should show him, and the experts he should have at his disposal, exactly what that will take.

In the end this season has been an utter failure and the lesson is we need an upgrade in players, the manager and the folk making football decisions at this club. If you want success you have to make it happen, not sit back and hope it will happen.

For all the excitement about the investment, what's £6M to a bazillionaire company with interests all over the shop? How much will they care?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    For all the excitement about the investment, what's £6M to a bazillionaire company with interests all over the shop? How much will they care?
    Cares enough to take a seat on the board.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Cares enough to take a seat on the board.
    Good point.

But apart from that?

<Pure beamer>