hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Montgomery GO

Quote Originally Posted by Basildon Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he is, then ST's and crowds will plummet.
    That’s why they sold them so early 😂. They are not stupid.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ShadesLongThrow View Post
    From his post match interview reported on the BBC site, he knows his times up.

Hibernian manager Nick Montgomery tells BBC Scotland: "It's really hard to explain how that [late goal] happened but it's happened too many times to us this season, one shot on target and we concede from it.

"I think we could have had two or three goals today and the game could have been more than over way before that incident.

"Everybody is devastated in the dressing room, they put their heart and soul into the performance. We were 20 seconds away from still having a great chance to be in the top six, so we will have to reflect on that and move forward.

"I came in and the club was in a difficult position. I have done everything I possibly can.

"We brought in some very good players in January but as a club we have to reflect on the season.

"I have been here for three quarters of it and we can look back at all the things that have gone wrong and gone against us but we should have won the game today.

"I thought the boys were brave and played really well but we can only look back with regret now that we dropped too many points from games we should have won."
    If he genuinely believes he did everything he could, he is admitting that he isn’t good enough, he went to the limits of his ability and he concedes he has failed. Stop rewarding failure, stop accepting mediocrity and start emptying the dross out of our football club, starting with this self professed loser !

@hibs.net private member
    “20 seconds away from jubilation”

Should sack him for that alone

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Sounds like he knows. I hope this thread doesn't turn into a hate Monty thread though. He's tried and failed. No need for clown,imposter and worse.
    Agreed. Done his best but ultimately not good enough.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergos View Post
    Agreed. Done his best but ultimately not good enough.
    He really he hasn’t “done his best”.
    His subs alone show he had no idea what was required in this league.
    It was his job to find out.

Just no good enough, we have a poor manager who fails to get a tune out of a poor team as well.
    Time for Neil Lennon, get some backbone into our club, a wee bit of excitement back they score 3 we will score 4, that's my mentality.
    GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough
    He’s got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Then Easter Road will be empty. Hes done with 75% of the fans now I’d say. Hes not coming back from that.
    And if the board don’t realise that and sack him, they’re even more useless than we already know they are.
    Absolutely; I’m finally after some difficult years back in the position that I can afford a season ticket.

I’m not going to though until the current coaching staff are overhauled

Has to go now. Fact is - with resources at his disposal, we should be making the top 6. The style of play is pretty dreadful, slow and most of the ball is kept with the centre backs and keeper. On top of this - we've had no big results this season. When you compare it with LJ beating Hearts once, Celtic and battering Aberdeen.
    Last season we finished 5th and had European football to consider, this year, nothing to show.

Money talks and the hospitality obsessed board might need to start listening.

Also, his comment about us being close to "jubilation" today were unacceptable. Squeezing into the top isn't jubilation for a club like ours and he should know that.
    Last edited by Malonga's Cat; 13-04-2024 at 06:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    He really he hasn’t “done his best”.
    His subs alone show he had no idea what was required in this league.
    It was his job to find out.
    Of course he has done his best.
    Maybe better to aim your anger at those responsible for appointing him in the first place when it’s been fairly obvious for months that the guy is out his depth.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post

Tone deaf, an absolutely ludicrous statement to make.

He thinks we’d be delighted about scraping top 6?

Speaks volumes of how he and his assistant view the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Of course he has done his best.
    Maybe better to aim your anger at those responsible for appointing him in the first place when it’s been fairly obvious for months that the guy is out his depth.
    Yes, the folk that have now overseen 2 managers who have had us finish bottom 6 in the last 3 seasons. They are the constant under performers.

Another manager with utter contempt for Scottish football and who has no idea about Hibs and the expectation of the supporters.

"Jubilation":
    Was he expecting a "Sunshine on Leith" at the end and an open top bus down Easter Road.

As a manager he is even worse than Johnson who at least got a handful of results to his credit but this utter thick rookie has somehow managed to take the team backwards despite having better players to pick from.

Anyone who knows anything about Scottish football knows that with a strong defence and a compact set up you have the basis of success as there isn't the number of flair players, fast players or skilful players to break your team down.

This absolute rookie couldn't see this and never addressed the defensive problems except by employing his useless mate who has been a complete disaster any time he was put in the back four.

It's far more than this though as his game management is shocking as he can't handle pressure or think on his feet so makes all the wrong calls. As for motivation you have to be joking as seasoned pros must laugh at him.

Nobody in the real world can possibly think this non entity is the man to be trusted with the Folley millions and it can only be a matter of time.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 13-04-2024 at 07:28 PM.

Not a bad guy by any means. But I just don't think he's all too bright. Somebody who tries hard but honestly doesn't have a clue what he's doing. The training staff are welcome to leave with him. An overhaul required at all levels. First thing the players should be learning from a new training staff team is how to waste time and see out 1-0/2-1 results when we're not at our best. That's what you need to do in this league to climb the table over the course of a season and it's time we drop the nonsensical "it's no the Hibs way" attitude. The "Hibs way" see's us drawing games we should be seeing out and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory far too often. We're exactly where we deserve to be right now.

Crap get him gone, why wait 8 games into next season and a wi down down to sack him , get mcinnes in now

Quote Originally Posted by HarpOnHibee View Post
    Not a bad guy by any means. But I just don't think he's all too bright. Somebody who tries hard but honestly doesn't have a clue what he's doing. The training staff are welcome to leave with him. An overhaul required at all levels. First thing the players should be learning from a new training staff team is how to waste time and see out 1-0/2-1 results when we're not at our best. That's what you need to do in this league to climb the table over the course of a season and it's time we drop the nonsensical "it's no the Hibs way" attitude. The "Hibs way" see's us drawing games we should be seeing out and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory far too often. We're exactly where we deserve to be right now.
    Teaching them how to waste time ? That’s schoolboy stuff mate. I’ve watched 12 year olds see out a game better than we do.

People laughed at LJs “football IQ” comments, but that’s one thing he was right on. Our squad is full of players with no football brain. You can have all the ability in the world, with no common sense you'll never make it. Eg Youan.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    This team making top 6 would have been defeat after defeat . Empty and move on asap

First Team Breakthrough
    Luzern at home that’s it.

Where does he say that in the interview posted?

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    It doesn’t matter. We would all be jubilant if we won. As we are after every win.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    https://youtu.be/DWqpHEruBLE?si=hyUP6fMj-0gluXCo

15 seconds in

Absolutely. Shocking comments which should be a clear sign that this guy doesn’t have the mentality to take the club where we want to go.

“Jubilation” at maybe scraping into the top six if Rangers beat Dundee. How low is the bar with Montgomery in charge?

He also talks about how this is a project and everyone can see the improvements. Eh no even Lee Johnson manages to get us into the top six last season and he didn’t have the benefit of Aberdeen having one of their worst ever seasons

I don’t trust the people charged with bringing in a new manager.

In short, we’re doomed.

I need a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post

In short, we’re doomed.

I need a drink.
    Go get wan then. Sipping on a nice French chardonnay as we speak.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post

In short, we’re doomed.

I need a drink.
    Kinda how I feel. I backed Monty but I don't think he's done enough to be trusted with one of the biggest summers in the UK clubs history.

However, I also don't trust decision makers to find the right candidate to replace himself.

Have a nasty feeling we're going to squander a big chunk of the investment from the Black Knights.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Kinda how I feel. I backed Monty but I don't think he's done enough to be trusted with one of the biggest summers in the UK clubs history.

However, I also don't trust decision makers to find the right candidate to replace himself.

Have a nasty feeling we're going to squander a a big chunk of the investment from the Black Knights.
    I'm the same as you and I'm hoping for an announcement today saying we've parted ways. Think we binned LJ on a Sunday?

Surely the Black Knights will have some say in who the next manager is. Or else I have the same fear we’ll just end up with another dud.

I’d have more faith in mr tumble to do a better job than monty