hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emma Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She tried to ruin the guys life and has been caught out, but because she's a bird nobody is willing to call her out.

Hate her.
    Hate her?

If it was Neil Lennon managing Hibs in a game vs Rangers or Hearts for example with 'tempers flaring' would you say the same thing, had the same incident occurred?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Get her in to replace Monty.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    So Hayes response to someone shouting at her, or one of her players, was to physically push him? Now imagine the roles were reversed...
    I don’t need to imagine the roles reversed. There is enough male physical aggression on females in real life.

I'm all for the women's game, however that woman totally grates me.
    Delighted she will be gone from these shores in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by JennaFletcher View Post
    Hate her?

If it was Neil Lennon managing Hibs in a game vs Rangers or Hearts for example with 'tempers flaring' would you say the same thing, had the same incident occurred?
    I think that actually proves the point she is totally in the wrong, and yet refuses to accept it.

Football is an emotional game, things are said in the heat of the moment , yet she made a comment about a manager being "male" and has refused to apologise despite her being the one who was physically aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    I don’t need to imagine the roles reversed. There is enough male physical aggression on females in real life.
    Wow.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    What was the earlier ‘male aggression’? Not seen any videos or pictures of said male aggression surface yet.

As others have said, she’s clearly in the wrong, just admit it and move on.

The poem is just weirdo behaviour.
    You would have to ask Emma Hayes that. She herself has said her shoving was a response to his aggression. She has since said she was in the wrong to do so. I can’t see why there should be such a pile on. Unless there is a hidden agenda.

You would have to ask Emma Hayes that. She herself has said her shoving was a response to his aggression. She has since said she was in the wrong to do so. I can’t see why there should be such a pile on. Unless there is a hidden agenda.
    There's definitely a hidden agenda on this thread, that much is obvious.

The “male aggression” came after Chelsea pushed for a single ball situation prior to the match, rather than using spare balls placed around the pitch. When a Chelsea player went to get a spare ball near the dugout, the arsenal manager challenged her verbally about the ball situation. There was no physical contact.

After the match the Chelsea manager shoved him away when he went to shake hands, arsenal having won.

Given the likelihood that any manager would have challenged the situation, to accuse him of male aggression seems unfair and unnecessarily inflammatory.

Whether male aggression happens in ‘real life’ is neither here or there in this situation.

Here we go.

I think because there was no need to mention ‘male’ aggression. If he was being aggressive then say so. Ultimately she was the one that got physical. The implication that males in women’s football are being unduly aggressive is not a helpful one is it, when encouraging equality and males and females being able to operate in the same sport?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    The only aggression was by Hayes herself the mention of male aggression was made by her at the time through no evidence of it. She has since doubled down with some story about her son and going to the teacher and that she was wrong with meeting aggression with aggression again no evidence. Didn’t really apologise to the person she should have then recited a poem and spoke about her “star”. Quite odd behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The only aggression was by Hayes herself the mention of male aggression was made by her at the time through no evidence of it. She has since doubled down with some story about her son and going to the teacher and that she was wrong with meeting aggression with aggression again no evidence. Didn’t really apologise to the person she should have then recited a poem and spoke about her “star”. Quite odd behaviour
    Dragging her kid into it and the reciting of the poem was totally bizarre!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    The “ male aggression” came in an earlier incident in the game. Hayes push was a response to that.
    Yeah you've got this one wrong.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Yeah you've got this one wrong.

What have I got wrong? Hayes accused Arsenal’s manager of “male aggression’ and shoved him. Are you saying that didn’t happen?
    Last edited by MKHIBEE; 14-04-2024 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    She tried to ruin the guys life and has been caught out, but because she's a bird nobody is willing to call her out.

Hate her.
    Hate her? Weird. Very very weird.

What have I got wrong? Hayes accused Arsenal’s manager of “male aggression’ and shoved him. Are you saying that didn’t happen?
    Any evidence the earlier incident happened and that it could be construed as male aggression by more than Hayes herself. Game was live on sky.

@hibs.net private member
    Any evidence the earlier incident happened and that it could be construed as male aggression by more than Hayes herself. Game was live on sky.
    There is plenty evidence to suggest that Hayes made the comment about “ male aggression” and the shove has been well publicised. Whether there was male aggression or not I have no idea. I have only said that was the accusation.

There is plenty evidence to suggest that Hayes made the comment about “ male aggression” and the shove has been well publicised. Whether there was male aggression or not I have no idea. I have only said that was the accusation.
    That was the question though whether Hayes comment about male aggression was only her view or was an excuse used by her for her actual aggression and very odd subsequent behaviour.

@hibs.net private member
    That was the question though whether Hayes comment about male aggression was only her view or was an excuse used by her for her actual aggression and very odd subsequent behaviour.
    My take is that she honestly felt it was like that, especially in the heat of the moment during an important match. Much ado about not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Why is it so hard for anyone just to admit they made a mistake/got it wrong these days?

It's like there has to be a standard period of denial before a humiliating climb down that could have been avoided with a prompt apology.

These things happen all the time in football. Remember Jim Duffy and Neil Lennon going at it hammer and tongs on the touchline a few years back or the Rangers coach headbutting the Celtic women's manager last season. 'The red mist came down. Things were said and happened that I didn't like but that's no excuse for reacting the way I did. I apologise to the club, players, fans and my opponent.'

Simple. Most people are pretty forgiving when someone takes responsibility for their actions. It's when you act like Hayes is acting now that patience wears thin and you end up in a far worse place.
    Because people can't take responsibility for their actions anymore.

Drives me up the wall with work.

Sent from my SM-A426U1 using Tapatalk

My take is that she honestly felt it was like that, especially in the heat of the moment during an important match. Much ado about not a lot.
    Not so sure it had the potential to severely impact the Arsenal managers career. She knew what she was doing and doubled down on it. Very irresponsible imo

I had no idea what any of this was about but having googled it and watched the video, all I can do is laugh. Dumpy wee woman acting like a hard man pointing fingers and pushing people at the culmination of the 'Continental Cup'.

Quote Originally Posted by JennaFletcher View Post
    Hate her?

She knew the angle she was taking and tried to destroy him by making up an allegation, little did she know it was caught on video and showed her account to be false.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    I had no idea what any of this was about but having googled it and watched the video, all I can do is laugh. Dumpy wee woman acting like a hard man pointing fingers and pushing people at the culmination of the 'Continental Cup'.

What's her shape got to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Makes it more amusing. Same as it would if some dumpy wee bloke started giving it the big one, don't get all precious about it.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    Makes it more amusing. Same as it would if some dumpy wee bloke started giving it the big one, don't get all precious about it.
    If you haven't seen the Scot Squad sketch with Tam Spraggans in Asda I highly advise it

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    I haven’t seen the incident, but read Emma Hayes bizarre response. What I would like to know is, did Ms Hayes receive any punishment for pushing the Arsenal coach? And would the response to all this have been different if the Arsenal coach had accused Emma Hayes of ‘female histrionics’? There is no argument that females in society suffer disproportionately from the actions of males, but does that give females the right to act aggressively towards men without provocation?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    If you haven't seen the Scot Squad sketch with Tam Spraggans in Asda I highly advise it

Just watched it!

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Absolutely nothing