hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Turkey is supposedly bringing in foreign refs to do their VAR for some games because their refs are dodgy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HarpOnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not a failure of the technology itself. It's the failure of the clowns to use it properly, which is entirely intentional in my opinion. They don't want their cheating to be repeatedly highlighted, so getting it ditched allows them to go back to their old methods of cheating where we all have a wee whinge and a moan about it, but ultimately nothing is done about it. They'll favour The Rangers with VAR, they'll favour The Rangers without VAR. Only difference is they can say they no longer have VAR available to review their decisions, allowing them to go back to gaslighting people with the "honest mistake" crap.
    This sums it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    No. I said it before VAR was implemented - football being down to split second decisions in the moment was the best we had. No goals being checked to see if a toenail was offside, just the jubilation of that in a moment. Bad decision? Go into the pub after and complain about how you think the ref was biased, rather than have VAR confirm that the whole system is fundamentally wrong.

VAR fixes mistakes, it exacerbates bias. We tried to fix the wrong problem.
    VAR has taken away the excitement of a goal to some degree for me. It used to just be a quick glance at the linesman and you knew it stood.

Waiting minutes to know if a goal will stand or not is wrong.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Turkey is supposedly bringing in foreign refs to do their VAR for some games because their refs are dodgy.
    Guess who is in a senior position in the Turkish referee hierarchy.

Dallas Senior.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    With our pompous arrogant referees? You'd just see more of them sticking with the on field decision if asked to come over to the monitor.
    We could always get rid of them too and make a clean slate of it though I doubt the SFA would agree with that though as they are as bad as any officials.