hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Aberdeen statement Var farce

https://www.afc.co.uk/2024/04/10/club-statement-video-assistant-referees/

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Seems a very good statement to be fair. Sounds an utter shambles

Agreed, good statement, clear in its evidence and acknowledged that they've benefitted too. Hope hibs get on board with this to strengthen the challenge

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Nothing to disagree with in their statement.

Only one camera angle available to VAR for the incident in question is a joke.

VAR as it currently operates in Scotland is not fit for purpose and needs upgrading before next season. If upgrading is deemed too expensive by the clubs then it needs to be ditched and filed under 'Failed Experiment.'

I was all for VAR, and I still am I suppose, as I think it's the perfect system. But what we've got up here is not the VAR I see in other top flights. It's like a poor relation, weird camera angles, lines that look squint and people using it I wouldn't trust to open a can of beans that was already open.

Get it in the sea.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    That's a disgrace, it really is. I genuinely thought VAR would be a positive change - for all its flaws you can point to loads of decisions where the referee got it wrong and VAR corrected it but t amount of times it's gone wrong is unacceptable and when you consider the cost, the **** experience, and the standard of its use, it needs binned asap.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a disgrace, it really is. I genuinely thought VAR would be a positive change - for all its flaws you can point to loads of decisions where the referee got it wrong and VAR corrected it but t amount of times it's gone wrong is unacceptable and when you consider the cost, the **** experience, and the standard of its use, it needs binned asap.
    Why the hell would you use it to guess and over rule the onfield call?

If the tech fails, go with what the referees and lineman said live

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    I was all for VAR, and I still am I suppose, as I think it's the perfect system. But what we've got up here is not the VAR I see in other top flights. It's like a poor relation, weird camera angles, lines that look squint and people using it I wouldn't trust to open a can of beans that was already open.

Get it in the sea.
    100% Boyles offside decision at Hampden still bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Why the hell would you use it to guess and over rule the onfield call?

If the tech fails, go with what the referees and lineman said live

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    I would have expected that to be the rule TBH. If VAR fails completely at a match then they have to go with on field decisions and with all the negative press VAR is getting you’d have expected them to do so on this occasion instead of guessing. Just shows the level of numb skulls running Scottish Football.

A tinpot version of VAR for a tinpot league.

Just confirms what everyone already knew in that those jokers simply guess and make things up as they go.

Indefensible rubbish from our officials.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plhibs View Post
    Agree

Exactly this. First thing that sprung to mind was Boyle's goal and the camera angle/alleged camera failure.

Good statement from Aberdeen and exactly what is needed from all clubs, to acknowledge the system isn't working for anyone and bad decisions are going for and against (except for Hibs that just have numbers in the 'against' column...)

@hibs.net private member
    The problem was as much about officials as VAR at the Dons game. Var fails, no evidence and onfield decision stands is a non issue. They basically chose the path of most resistance and that should be them done in the booth. The big issue is disparity in camera angles between uglies and the rest and the shear incompetence, at best. Of officials. Just get rid

It was rumoured the exact same thing happened with the VAR not working then. I bet it only works half the time.

Can I Hazard a guess it was Doncaster that oversaw the implementation of this type of VAR system?
    Last edited by Not In The Know; 10-04-2024 at 05:09 PM.

Aberdeen away had delayed start for VAR not working...Killie away the same not long after. Only here...

Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    Nothing to disagree with in their statement.

Only one camera angle available to VAR for the incident in question is a joke.

VAR as it currently operates in Scotland is not fit for purpose and needs upgrading before next season. If upgrading is deemed too expensive by the clubs then it needs to be ditched and filed under 'Failed Experiment.'
    100% agree, upgrade the wee black and white 14’ portable to a decent uhd quality bit of kit, not that it will sort everything but surely this has to be the very least that needs done

The VAR guys must be thick as mince. They had the perfect out to say they could not over rule the decision because the system had failed. Instead they took the worst possible option.Don’t fancy Aberdeen’s chances of getting any favours over the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    The problem was as much about officials as VAR at the Dons game. Var fails, no evidence and onfield decision stands is a non issue. They basically chose the path of most resistance and that should be them done in the booth. The big issue is disparity in camera angles between uglies and the rest and the shear incompetence, at best. Of officials. Just get rid
    It’s like that try Scotland didn’t get against France, the ref asked if they could prove the ball was grounded, Video refs said “not conclusive" on field decision stands. What are our refs doing? Pathetic

It needs to be binned. Our cheapskate version of it has been a complete failure and then you look at the English Prem and Champions League where the most expensive tech is still causing issues game after game.

Glad Aberdeen said something and hopefully other top flight teams back them cause we are all going to be screwed over with it in the end if it stays like this. Fan owned clubs like Motherwell and Hearts really need to try lead the way.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s not the technology that’s calling it wrong (other than this time it’s actually failed) it’s the guys sitting in front of it, these guys will be out taking charge of football matches in the flesh without VAR it’s about time they where called out on incompetence far too easy just to label it all as ‘that F’n VAR’ it’s that Willie collum etc etc sitting in front of a screen still getting wrong with 1000 replays at there disposal

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Like you, I thought VAR would improve decision making, but the version we have is not fit for purpose and has even made things worse.

Either upgrade it or bin it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Like you, I thought VAR would improve decision making, but the version we have is not fit for purpose and has even made things worse.

Splitter.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I never thought for one minute that in Scotland VAR would be good for anyone other than the usual two beneficiaries of everything in Scottish football. Sadly uts even worse than I thought it would be. The referees, linesmen and VAR officials are pretty much all incompetent and some are downright cheats and quite a few are both

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    It was rumoured the exact same thing happened with the VAR not working then. I bet it only works half the time.

Can I Hazard a guess it was Doncaster that oversaw the implementation of this type of VAR system?

Doncaster's job is to do the clubs' bidding and the clubs wanted this Poundland VAR with a minimum of six cameras.
    It's not really the technology being kaput that's scandalous in this case though, it's the dunderheaded actions of the officials in the VAR room.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

You cant just guess, it's so amateurish you couldnt make this up to look worse.

VAR is a shambles in Scotland, from not having the proper system, to bent ref's either making it up as they go along, or those in a hut in larkhall making sure the obvious teams get everything, it needs binned until such times as its installed properly and farmed out to professionals in another country who are not biased.

They got to a final on a dodgy VAR offside on Boyle, it really is better just getting scrapped. At least we could debate wether the officials were cheating back then, now we know they are.

Good statement, nonsense situation, **** addition to the once beautiful game.

First Team Regular
    Just scrap it. Completely unfit for purpose. And a great statement from the Dons.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Well done Aberdeen. If we can’t have the best system money can buy operated by professional officials then scrap it.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire