hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marshall signing a year extension might be a decent idea. Wollacot obviously not fancied and they wanted to bring him in as number 1 over Marshall last summer so I'm sure they will still want to sort new goalkeeper. Sign a new number 1, Murray Johnson the back up and Marshall at the stage of his career a relatively cheap/experienced cover and good mentor for Johnson. Wollacot be away.
    Remember we have Boruc out on loan who'll be available next season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Fully expect to see Bevan sign on for the season and hopefully continues to be the same level of quality coming in from Bournemouth. Absolute must to bring in 2 other experienced 1st team ready centre backs with him though
    No exactly enthralled by the prospect of this, we need experienced centre backs, guys barely played a game and coming off the back of an injury. He’ll fit right in mind you 😂

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Good point - forgot about Boruc! He looked more than decent stepping in. Think one of him or Johnson need to play a season on loan with the other in as 2nd choice. They both probably need competitive games but we need one in the building

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Marshall needs to go, he's finished at this level, goes down in installments and just not good enough now.

Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    No exactly enthralled by the prospect of this, we need experienced centre backs, guys barely played a game and coming off the back of an injury. He’ll fit right in mind you 😂
    No, I know. Monty said when he was injured and sent back we'll see him next season or words to that effect. Fish, Hanlon, Harbottle, Triantis likely be away so can accommodate one younger CB (Would personally keep Hanlon on)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    You’ve just made that up. It’s the classic good signings aren’t the managers and bad ones are?
    I think, rather than that, the argument is - the signings of Maolida, NMW and Marcondes might have happened under any Hibs manager. In much the same way Vente did under Johnson.

Triantis was NM’s player last season, and he’d likely have been the person who brought his name to the table.

Might be complete nonsense though, maybe Brian McDermot wanted Triantis, and Montgomery has always followed Maolida’s career. We don’t know for certain.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I think, rather than that, the argument is - the signings of Maolida, NMW and Marcondes might have happened under any Hibs manager. In much the same way Vente did under Johnson.

Triantis was NM’s player last season, and he’d likely have been the person who brought his name to the table.

Might be complete nonsense though, maybe Brian McDermot wanted Triantis, and Montgomery has always followed Maolida’s career. We don’t know for certain.
    Assuming Montgomery did bring Triantis to the table, would his Opta stats etc not need to pass the recruitment team as well?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Assuming Montgomery did bring Triantis to the table, would his Opta stats etc not need to pass the recruitment team as well?
    I’d imagine his stats are pretty good seeing as he’s basically only played in a pub league before Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Borac will go. Miles off the level.

I'll be disappointed if we start with Marsh as the no1. But he would also be an expensive number 2.

Wonder will Josh Nisbet be on our radar . Clearly after Saturday we need to improve the midfield . Nisbet seems to play a few positions in midfield and is good on the ball .

https://aleagues.com.au/news/soccero...mcgree-irvine/

Another area needing strengthened if Lewy leaves is the LB position . It would be good to see a left back that provides abit more defensive cover as we have already an attacking one .

There's been too many crosses coming into our box this season from either side because of this .

Maybe Jacob Farrell could be another who we'll be interested in who Monty knows well .

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/12/1...rells-ceiling/
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 10-04-2024 at 08:45 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I’d imagine his stats are pretty good seeing as he’s basically only played in a pub league before Hibs.
    Wasn't my point, sorry didn't explain it very well. I was asking whether the signing would have to pass the recruitment teams presumably thorough parameters or if NM would have the clout to bypass and say "get that guy in".

No, I know. Monty said when he was injured and sent back we'll see him next season or words to that effect. Fish, Hanlon, Harbottle, Triantis likely be away so can accommodate one younger CB (Would personally keep Hanlon on)
    He doesn’t play Hanlon so he needs to move on as he can still do a job fir another club

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Wasn't my point, sorry didn't explain it very well. I was asking whether the signing would have to pass the recruitment teams presumably thorough parameters or if NM would have the clout to bypass and say "get that guy in".
    Potentially if it was our first choice. But we signed the guy quite late in the window which suggests we maybe had other targets that fell through before it became a "does anyone know any CBs?" scenario.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Potentially if it was our first choice. But we signed the guy quite late in the window which suggests we maybe had other targets that fell through before it became a "does anyone know any CBs?" scenario.
    He was our first choice, the delay was down to Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Fair enough in that case. I imagine at that point then the recruitment department did their work on him if he was an early suggestion for the CB role initially.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Does anyone else find that frightening, the guy is a terrible centre half, and he was the one Monty wanted first?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Does anyone else find that frightening, the guy is a terrible centre half, and he was the one Monty wanted first?
    Sunderland cleary thought he was decent when they signed him? So there must be something about him. I think he is pretty average in both CB and DM - not a step up on what we currently have, and id be very surprised if we make any move to sign him.

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    wouldnt mind seeing Kelly from Motherwell
    siegrist from celtic or
    Robbie mcrorie fi the rangers come in.
    maybe Mayo or Finlay from killie
    LB-Gallacher from St Js looks no bad
    Coburn from middlesbrough

for a CB he is poor, he was at fault for St Js first goal.. but i think he is alright in midfield. although i would much rather see NMW in there instead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post
    for a CB he is poor, he was at fault for St Js first goal.. but i think he is alright in midfield. although i would much rather see NMW in there instead of him.
    Rocky was at fault for the St J first goal.

He's looked a lot better as a defensive midfielder , in fact I'd say he's looked a good player playing there . As a CH he has looked abit dodgy though been abit unfortunate at times too imo .

We signed NMW for midfield, we needed a left sided defender to replace Hanlon, but his first choice signing is playing midfield instead of NMW and we are playing Rocky on the left central defence.

Even on Saturday when Fish went off, we had our new left centre half who the manager wanted as his first choice pick, playing on the right, and our right footed centre half, Rocky playing on the left.

I dont think this manager knows what he's doing at times, with his team selections, systems and substitutions.

Newell was at fault for the first goal for me .

We signed NMW for midfield, we needed a left sided defender to replace Hanlon, but his first choice signing is playing midfield instead of NMW and we are playing Rocky on the left central defence.

Even on Saturday when Fish went off, we had our new left centre half who the manager wanted as his first choice pick, playing on the right, and our right footed centre half, Rocky playing on the left.

I dont think this manager knows what he's doing at times, with his team selections, systems and substitutions.
    I think NMW is excellent. While Triantis has done well in midfield NMW is far better in my opinion and is our player not a loan signing. Another poor decision by Monty.

Rocky was at fault for the St J first goal.
    that maybe but Triantis is standing in no mans land. he sees their striker pealing off rocky and doesnt react quick enough. yeah rocky should have delt with it but Nectar should have had him covered.

Borac will go. Miles off the level.

I'll be disappointed if we start with Marsh as the no1. But he would also be an expensive number 2.
    Boruc or Marsh can stay as numbers 2's so we can let Murray Johnson actually go out and play 30 games for a Morton or something next season if possible as this season has potentially stalled the laddies development. But as you say the price needs to be right for Marsh as I'd hate to be overburdened on the wage book for a back up ageing keeper.

Boruc I don't think will make it at Hibs long term, but I could live with him as number 2 for a year if we signed a proper number 1 that we thought was our guy for the next 2 or 3 years while we wait for Johnson to step in.

Boruc or Marsh can stay as numbers 2's so we can let Murray Johnson actually go out and play 30 games for a Morton or something next season if possible as this season has potentially stalled the laddies development. But as you say the price needs to be right for Marsh as I'd hate to be overburdened on the wage book for a back up ageing keeper.

Boruc I don't think will make it at Hibs long term, but I could live with him as number 2 for a year if we signed a proper number 1 that we thought was our guy for the next 2 or 3 years while we wait for Muz to step in.
    The plan was to bring in a new number 1 this summer. I can’t in any way see that Marshall has done enough this season to change their thinking on that.

Boruc I don't think will make it at Hibs long term, but I could live with him as number 2 for a year if we signed a proper number 1 that we thought was our guy for the next 2 or 3 years while we wait for Muz to step in.
    Maks Boruc is shipping a ton of goals at arbroath. im not confident he is good enough to play for hibs.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Newell was at fault for the first goal for me .

Gamer IDs

Sunderland cleary thought he was decent when they signed him? So there must be something about him. I think he is pretty average in both CB and DM - not a step up on what we currently have, and id be very surprised if we make any move to sign him.

He's a young centre half who probably has lots of potential, similar to Fish. Young players can't be expected to come in and take charge and organise the back line.

Playing alongside Rocky isn't going to help either of them.