hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who's Baccus starting in front of out of interest? Doesn't even start for St Mirren any more.

Strain and Atkinson are both RBs. Dont think either are better than Cadden. Both are better than Miller though mind you.

Rowles starts at CB aye, but that's not too hard these days.
    Story in Paisley is that Baccus not playing because he has been frozen out by the Manager, as he refuses to sign a new contract.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston7 View Post
    Story in Paisley is that Baccus not playing because he has been frozen out by the Manager, as he refuses to sign a new contract.
    Then why bother bringing him on? They're chasing European football, you play your best team.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    My jambo neighbour says Atkinson is dreadful.
    My neighbour says the world is flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    My neighbour says the world is flat.
    Is it no?

Another rebuild for the manager in the summer, for me we need instant first team players in the following areas.

GK
    CBx2
    CM
    LW

I honestly wouldn't be spending most of our budget on Fish. I would love to bring Maolida somehow though.

Marcondes started well but on recent form I'm not sure, maybe a few decent performances at the end of the season and a pre season he could be a player for us.

I hope the Marshall talk is not true, we could also be doing for cover at LB, fair to say Oscar has not progressed as much as we would have liked? Still time maybe?

Again Amos could feature more next season and we have Jacob and Rudi waiting at any moment with Reuben also in contention.

Will have to see what happens with Vente and maybe ALF can try one more season?

Looking forward to seeing Megwa feature more for us, overall so far I don't think Miller has lived up to expections so maybe try move him on?

4 RBS will be to many for the manger.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    I initially liked the sound of nisbet having never seen him.

Highlight reels usually make players look good but two great finishes aside, he looks tiny and very slow. The last thing we need is players who do not have an athletic bone in their body.

Looks like a Cammy Devlin/Stevie Mallan hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don't know and awful lot about him or Farrell tbh just they seem to be both highly rated out there , wither Nisbets quick or slow I'm not sure about though did read he's got other attributes that are good like strength, agility and stamina.

I thought a young striker was mentioned from out there awhile back too , can't remember his name now . Anyhow we might not go for any of these though most managers sign players they know so I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

Did our assistant manager not work in Portugal too ? .

Alfie May at Charlton would be worth a punt, think he would do well up here, reminds me (unfortunately) of wee Robbo, don't know what his contract situation is though.

Quote Originally Posted by leith lynx View Post
    Alfie May at Charlton would be worth a punt, think he would do well up here, reminds me (unfortunately) of wee Robbo, don't know what his contract situation is though.
    Contracted until summer of 2025 with an option of another year.

Quote Originally Posted by leith lynx View Post
    We tried for him a couple of years ago. I think he was at Cheltenham at the time. For some reason it didn't happen.

Testimonial Due
    Jason Kerr is out of contract in the summer. No brainer signing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Then why bother bringing him on? They're chasing European football, you play your best team.
    The Saints’ fans I know don’t agree with the Manager not playing Baccus. If you are querying whether the reason for him not playing is true, the information came from within the club.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Jason Kerr is out of contract in the summer. No brainer signing for me.
    Had a look at the Kerr situation and Kerr has said publicly that he wants to stay at Wigan.

Fans forum has a post claiming he’s willing to take a pay cut to stay…….dunno the veracity of that though.

Problem is Wigan have no dosh and can’t afford to resign all the players out of contract, and it won’t be decided until April.

Fans definitely want him to stay…so it’s not as if he is keen to move by the looks of things.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Don't know and awful lot about him or Farrell tbh just they seem to be both highly rated out there , wither Nisbets quick or slow I'm not sure about though did read he's got other attributes that are good like strength, agility and stamina.

I thought a young striker was mentioned from out there awhile back too , can't remember his name now . Anyhow we might not go for any of these though most managers sign players they know so I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

Did our assistant manager not work in Portugal too ? .
    The striker you mention is probably 18 year old Musa Toure of Adelaide United.

Now, everybody has different opinions on players, but my view fwiw is that Toure is NOT ready for first team football..either in the SPL or the A League…..in fact I’m not sure he ever will be.

Up until last week he had NOT started an A League game……coming off the bench in every one of his 9 A League appearances.

He is one I would NOT recommend……certainly not just now anyway.

Now, everybody has different opinions on players, but my view fwiw is that Toure is NOT ready for first team football..either in the SPL or the A League…..in fact I’m not sure he ever will be.

Up until last week he had NOT started an A League game……coming off the bench in every one of his 9 A League appearances.

Agreed. Think the chat was about him perhaps going to our Dev squad. But I don't think we will see much spending on that squad moving forward.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Agreed. Think the chat was about him perhaps going to our Dev squad. But I don't think we will see much spending on that squad moving forward.
    I can remember reading a few articles and tbh never saw any mention of the development squad.

Did see a couple of posts on here where it was suggested that it was more likely to be that……at the time the Adelaide manager Carl Veart came out and said he’s not ready to move overseas, but Monty said along the lines of…’that’s his opinion, not mine’.

Anyway, I don’t think we’ll see him, but again you never know as there were a couple of Twitter exchanges suggesting we might.

Guess it’s another wait and see.

Testimonial Due
    Had a look at the Kerr situation and Kerr has said publicly that he wants to stay at Wigan.

Fans forum has a post claiming he’s willing to take a pay cut to stay…….dunno the veracity of that though.

Problem is Wigan have no dosh and can’t afford to resign all the players out of contract, and it won’t be decided until April.

Fans definitely want him to stay…so it’s not as if he is keen to move by the looks of things.
    That's interesting. I’d hope we could sell the move to him. A big factor for me is if he’s playing well at Hibs, he won’t be far off the Scotland squad. That won’t happen for him at Wigan.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    He doesn’t play Hanlon so he needs to move on as he can still do a job fir another club
    Given how dreadful we have been in central defence it seems incredible that Hanlon hasn't came back in. Montgomery clearly doesn't rate him and while I would keep him as an experienced head and an excellent squad player that is a waste of a wage if your manager plays Triantis there before him and has Rocky playing on the wrong side. Montgomery won't last long making decisions like that though so Paul may well out last the manager anyway

Thanks Fred , maybe one for the development squad if Monty was interested . Still think we will sign or make an attempt to sign one or possibly two from the A League though.

No doubt Kerr will follow the money. He is on a lucrative contract at the moment and will be interested in playing in the Championship when it expires this summer.
    Wigan are skint and will be in the 3rd tier next season so I suspect his agent will be looking for that Championship club at the moment.
    If none are interested Hibs could be a viable alternative option.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Given how dreadful we have been in central defence it seems incredible that Hanlon hasn't came back in. Montgomery clearly doesn't rate him and while I would keep him as an experienced head and an excellent squad player that is a waste of a wage if your manager plays Triantis there before him and has Rocky playing on the wrong side. Montgomery won't last long making decisions like that though so Paul may well out last the manager anyway
    Ive witnessed some dreadful defending when Hanlon has been in that defence, i dont know the stats, but i'm not convinced we keep the ball out the net more with any permutation you care to select from what we have available?

Quite amusing how people have slated Hanlon for years and managers for continuously playing him.

Now he’s out the team people are stating the manager for not playing him 🤣

Celtic and Rangers are reportedly interested in Tom Glover, did we have him training at Hibs at one point?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Celtic and Rangers are reportedly interested in Tom Glover, did we have him training at Hibs at one point?
    Yeah we took him to Dubai in 2019 to train

Tom Glover

The Australian under-23 internationalist is training with the club as part of their winter training camp in Dubai.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Bit of an odd one that. Not sure I see it happening unless he wants to play back up.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Ive witnessed some dreadful defending when Hanlon has been in that defence, i dont know the stats, but i'm not convinced we keep the ball out the net more with any permutation you care to select from what we have available?
    I looked at it a few months ago and we concede more, though not a great deal more, with Hanlon than without him. That in itself doesn’t prove we’re better without Hanlon but I can’t see what others do when they talk up Hanlon as being our best defender. We have shipped cheap goals all season and only conceded 5 less than Livi. I couldn’t make a positive case for any of them.