hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Foley Interview

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Comments on infrastructure would leave me concerned regarding the future of Easter Road. Americans love a stadium on the outskirts of a city/town...
    aint half some poo stirrers on this forum now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Some of those figures almost defy belief.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Comments on infrastructure would leave me concerned regarding the future of Easter Road. Americans love a stadium on the outskirts of a city/town...
    The new Bournemouth stadium is being built on their current training centre which is next door to the current stadium. Not much of a move and certainly not on the outskirts of their town, outskirts of their current stadium maybe.

I think a tailgate party in Auchendinny could be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    The new Bournemouth stadium is being built on their current training centre which is next door to the current stadium. Not much of a move and certainly not on the outskirts of their town, outskirts of their current stadium maybe.
    Helps when you already own land beside the stadium.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    You said the other day that some guys will know how big time you are so can you not just ask Foley when he's winding us up so I can find a new team quickly?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Don’t think you can’t build in the NW corner without building over the existing road
    Mr Foley or BKs will just have to buy all the flats on the other side of the road and knock them down.

Ticket office is a listed building I think, would Hibs be allowed to build over or around it and integrate it in to a new part of the stand, think the North to the East is where we start to fill in the corners for me.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    You said the other day that some guys will know how big time you are so can you not just ask Foley when he's winding us up so I can find a new team quickly?
    Really any need? I'm only sharing an opinion.

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Mr Foley or BKs will just have to buy all the flats on the other side of the road and knock them down.

Ticket office is a listed building I think, would Hibs be allowed to build over or around it and integrate it in to a new part of the stand, think the North to the East is where we start to fill in the corners for me.
    Was said before that it might not be listed...

Quote Originally Posted by ruthven_raiders View Post
    Woulybe limited in that corner, talk of a direct link from kitchens to hospitality in north stand, also media centre, don't thik that corner would be about increasing capacity, NE area, could increase capacity at that section, looking at roof of the stadium, I can see that being looked at when upgrading is made, it is 30 years old in north and South stand, 25 years old in west Stand, I'm sure west stand could have another tier but then you would have major rebuild, Inc better access stairs and lifts, so that won't be for a while yet. Need several years of success and selling out ground for that to happen.
    Scary how quickly time passes that the north and south are 30 years old, west 25 years old, east 15 years old and the training centre 17 years old. Where has that time gone

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    Scary how quickly time passes that the north and south are 30 years old, west 25 years old, east 15 years old and the training centre 17 years old. Where has that time gone
    I ask myself that question all the time, now in my early 60s seems like only yesterday that my late dad took me to Easter road in the 60s and 70s, my favourite memory is 3-0 up against the jambos after half an hour, 35k at the game....we dominated that era, luckily for them we didn't play them 3 times a season....

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneHibees View Post
    Helps when you already own land beside the stadium.
    It does, but the chances of a minor shareholder being able to push through the sale of Easter Road and move us to a new stadium on the edge of the city is pretty small. If I remember correctly there was talk of adding further tiers to the existing stands if a Euro bid was successful. I wonder if that would ever be an option

Quote Originally Posted by ruthven_raiders View Post
    I ask myself that question all the time, now in my early 60s seems like only yesterday that my late dad took me to Easter road in the 60s and 70s, my favourite memory is 3-0 up against the jambos after half an hour, 35k at the game....we dominated that era, luckily for them we didn't play them 3 times a season....
    My first derby NYD 1976
    Wonder if the police went into the Hibs dressing room and ask them to stop scoring
    I seem to remember Cruikshank having a blinder of a second half for them

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    HTC definitely needs a few upgrades. It's running at full capacity, actually over capacity, and still has no full size indoor pitch.

I think many of us still think of it as being the 'new training centre' but it's the best part of 20 year old now. Whilst there has been a lot of work done there over the years it does need another push.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a drive to add more hospitality spaces into the stadium as well.
    This is where the vast majority of the Foley money will be spent initially.

The Famous Five and East Mains will receive the majority of the cash injection to start.

If fans think we are getting millions to spend on a kitty for players then they will in for a big let down.
    Majority of next seasons player budget will be dependant on who is shipped out and using the available freed up funds to sign better player who have played and knowledge in the Scottish game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post

The Famous Five and East Mains will receive the majority of the cash injection to start.

If fans think we are getting millions to spend on a kitty for players then they will in for a big let down.
    Majority of next seasons player budget will be dependant on who is shipped out and using the available freed up funds to sign better player who have played and knowledge in the Scottish game.
    Foley has already said there will be "a few million pounds" to help Hibs "in the transfer window next summer", although a lot of the money will be invested in the stadium and training centre as you mentioned.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    Foley has already said there will be "a few million pounds" to help Hibs "in the transfer window next summer", although a lot of the money will be invested in the stadium and training centre as you mentioned.
    Speaking to the Edinburgh Inquirer, Kensell made one thing clear: "There will also be significant funds available to football, have no doubt about that."

Good enough for me

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Ahh, but we want improvement NOW! Plenty comments on all the threads about managers etc that we want someone who will "make an immediate impact", improve us "now". Reading the room, we don't want "gradual year on year improvement"-we're short-termist. We want it now. Not sure Foley's model will work here!

I'd take year on year improvement in a heartbeat.

In fact I think it is ludicrous to suggest that Hibs fans, generally, are short-termist or that 'We want it now.' Given what we perennially go through as a support I'd suggest we are remarkably patient and tolerant.

And if we ARE ever to be treated to the fantastical heights of gradual improvement it will need to start somewhere. I'd gently suggest that a manager coming in and making the team and squad he inherits better would be that beginning. Harder to beat, fitter on the pitch, smarter in attack, more cohesive as a team, better at closing down without possession, enjoyable to watch etc...most if not all of all the things that a decent manager should be looking to get from his existing squad, never mind the benefits of being able to sign the right new players.

Foley's model absolutely will work here providing the personnel in place are capable of actually delivering throughout the club on the back of the opportunity Foley brings.

Infrastructure was always going to be a priority, firstly, he’s done it before, notably building up his hockey team from nothing to champions, so I’d take that to mean he knows what he’s talking about, and secondly, if the group is going to lend us expensive, potentially future Premier League standard players, then they’re going to want them to be looked after in facilities that protect that investment, so not just training facilities, but medical, fitness, dressing rooms… I’d expect an investment in analysis, player analytics etc so their development can be properly tracked, monitored, or so we can better scout players and identify targets.

Turning up and blowing a couple million quid on a few random signings was never going to be the primary focus, that’s not investing in an asset that will benefit the wider group, and that’s the goal here.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    It does, but the chances of a minor shareholder being able to push through the sale of Easter Road and move us to a new stadium on the edge of the city is pretty small. If I remember correctly there was talk of adding further tiers to the existing stands if a Euro bid was successful. I wonder if that would ever be an option
    Not just talk, it was scoped out at the time and was certainly technically possible then. It was going to be a temporary addition for the Euros at the time I think.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    What infrastructure do we have left to improve? Scratching my head a bit on that one.
    Good ,reasonably priced pies and bovril.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

Just checked the listed building website and the ticket office is Not a listed building.

@hibs.net private member
    And it’s on just now - not sure if it’s a shorter version but he talks a lot of sense

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JGS56 View Post
    Just checked the listed building website and the ticket office is Not a listed building.
    Right knock it down, we just need to demolish all the flats on the other side of the roads and we are good to go.

Year on year improvement seems good to be, beat whatever model we've been running the past many years.

First Team Breakthrough Broxburn Greens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post

Foley has said in interview there will be “a few millions” available to strengthen the squad this summer.

Not a big let down at all (in my opinion) if that comes to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Ahh, but we want improvement NOW! Plenty comments on all the threads about managers etc that we want someone who will "make an immediate impact", improve us "now". Reading the room, we don't want "gradual year on year improvement"-we're short-termist. We want it now. Not sure Foley's model will work here!
    I think everyone would be fine with some tangible improvement that aren't too dramatic from next season like oooooooh, I dunno, top 5, a better home record and being within a million points of Hearts???.

Foley's model sounds just fine. The Kensall/Gordon model of spaffing money around to achieve inertia/managed decline is problematic though.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Looks like there’s a big foley interview in the lastest issue of the HQ magazine. Can this be purchased in a digital version?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Don’t think you can’t build in the NW corner without building over the existing road
    Could maybe narrow the road and make it one way perhaps ?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I watched the Sky Sports piece last night, I know he's not going to be splashing mega bucks here but I also do think that he knows the model to follow to get success and that goes a long way.

I don't think Bournemouth are going to be a flash in the plan, I think they'll establish themselves as a strong mid-level Premiership team and that, for them, is success. Wouldn't surprise me to see them lift a European trophy in the next decade - Conference League, probably.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I watched the Sky Sports piece last night, I know he's not going to be splashing mega bucks here but I also do think that he knows the model to follow to get success and that goes a long way.

I don't think Bournemouth are going to be a flash in the plan, I think they'll establish themselves as a strong mid-level Premiership team and that, for them, is success. Wouldn't surprise me to see them lift a European trophy in the next decade - Conference League, probably.
    I’d put money on Bournemouth never winning a trophy in the next decade never mind a European one!
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire