Marshall - unlikely to be at Hibs next season
    Fish - loanee - unlikely to be at Hibs next season
    Triantis - loanee - unlikely to be at Hibs next season
    Marcondes - loanee - unlikely to be at Hibs next season
    Maolida - loanee - unlikely to be at Hibs next season
    ALF - will be off I think

Nothing to build on there.

So what's left?

NMW - looks decent (but isn't he only on an 18 month contract?)
    Rocky - want him to be decent, but part of a current shocking defence
    Amos - enigma
    Newell - decent (mostly)
    Boyle - I have a feeling we've seen the best of Boyle. He's lost his sharpness and confidence recently
    Youan - enigma
    Cadden - decent. When does his contract run to?
    Obita - decent at LB
    Miller - decent at RB
    Vente - enigma
    Levitt - not doing it consistently enough for me
    Jair - lightweight
    JDH - don't think will play for Hibs again
    Campbell - decent - gets the jersey
    Stevenson and Hanlon - past it (unfortunately)

Got a few young guys coming through, but this is a tough physical league, so unless we as supporters are prepared for yet another year of transition, don't think they can be relied on.

So. My point: It's not looking great for us, I have to say, even for next season. There'll be a massive overhaul in the summer, with our supposed best players and spine of the current team going back to parent clubs.

I'm not for changing the current backroom staff again. I think we need to put trust in Monty and Mcdermott at least for now. All this short-termism / knee jerk manager turnover stuff isn't doing us any favours - that said it's alarming most of our current team are loanees. But there's been glimpses of good football being played, all be it Monty has made a few mistakes along the way.

FFS Hibs - what an enigma!! 5th biggest budget in Scotland, but we constantly get supposed silkily skilled football pros (who fit the 'Hibs way' - whatever that is - last seen in the days of the Tornadoes) who don't get the grit and steel required to play in this league. and fall over when they get their ankles kicked, and they don't seem to play for each other - a complete lack of team spirit. The expression used to be 'bunch of fairies' (apologies to the fairies). And other teams have worked out how to play against us - pack the defence, score on the counter - seen it so often this season.

St Midden - less skilled players across the pitch but dig in and good team spirit and play for each other. Was impressed when they pumped us 3-0 at ER
    Kilmarnock - as St Mirren
    Dundee - as asbove
    Hearts - Shankland
    Aberdeen - well they're in an even worse place than us

I have to say, it's not looking great. I hope Bill Foley brings some nous with him, as well as his dosh. Presumably that's why he's taken a seat on the board - to exert influence. Wonder if he has a pet Manager/ Director of Football that he'll want to push on us??

Discuss? ( Beyond 'sack the manager' please)

2. Log in to remove the advert

We have players that many other SPL sides would die for.

Unfortunately they play crap tactics and fans are bored rigid with every ball going straight to Jordan Obita.

Other managers have sussed how to beat Hibs. We don't need another squad churn as much as we need a home grown manager with experience and a different system.

Monty isn't it.
    Last edited by RIP; 07-04-2024 at 10:48 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Wouldn’t call Vente an enigma. He would be very good if he got the supply up top and bear in mind he’s played alot of the season carrying an injury. Guys a proven finisher. I would start again at centre back and clear every one of them out. Rocky and fish despite some on here thinking he’s a good player is well overrated and too soft.