No.

Sent from my SM-A426U1 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally, ***** winning cups with clubs.
    I mean, he managed a club with about 20 league titles not some underdog

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If the choice was sticking with NM or bringing Lennon back, I'd 100% go for Lennon.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cammy1969 View Post
    Haven’t read whole thread but I gave up my season ticket under Lennon as I felt so deflated under him, and I’ve been going since 83/84

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That record points tally was terrible in comparison to the heady days under Bertie Auld or the likes right enough!!

I’m 26 and Lennon’s team is the best Hibs team I can remember watching (slightly too young to remember Mowbray’s team). I get the clamour for him to come back by some posters. Full houses, attacking football, there was a feel good factor about the club. However, my main question would be is he worth all the other circus that comes with him? (Falling out with players etc). My answer would be no. I like Nick and want him to do well but I think we need to look elsewhere if we are looking for a new manager.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Controversially I would mate . I've found the way McInnes teams play awful . Though being honest I really wouldn't want either if we were needing a manager .

I read Aberdeen are still trying for a guy called Jimmy Thelin who I think is at Elsborg . Know nothing about him though do wonder why the dons aren't looking at Lennon or McInnes seeing as some of us rate both so highly .

Imo Aberdeen are at least showing ambition by exploring different options.
    According to a caller Sportsound the issue with MacInnes was checking the Rangers offer at Aberdeen.
    for me it was the grinding and woeful displays us but others will point to his effectiveness (tho we did until latterly do them in the cups and they didn’t have great track record from memory - bottled it against the cheeks). He said the OF connection and previous needle with Aberdeen fans is the reason Lennon would not be considered.

i think the worrying thing for Hibs and Aberdeen is - track record in binning managers and why would a manager come to Scotland maybe the lure of Europe chance perhaps.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It’s quite staggering, are we going to get these threads appear now every ****ing time we have a ***** result?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'd take Ross Lennon or even LJ over this one, at least they all achieved a level of success at Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    He dumped on us to engineer a return to Celtic no way should he be welcome here again gtf Lennon
    I’m amazed that anyone would have him back given the way he left. Completely disrespectful.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I’m amazed that anyone would have him back given the way he left. Completely disrespectful.
    This in spades.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This in spades.
    Or his comments at a Celtic event about when we scored against Celtic. Amazed anyone listened to that and thought “aye, that’s totally cool for a Hibs manager to say that”.

It’s quite staggering, are we going to get these threads appear now every ****ing time we have a ***** result?
    Folk pining for the good times, mental eh.

We’ve been awful for years, and are getting worse under the current club leadership.

Long term ST holder but I’m not signing up for next year. Struggle to relate to anyone at the club or in the squad.

The good times under Lennon when he had us flying seem an eternity ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875M View Post
    I’m 26 and Lennon’s team is the best Hibs team I can remember watching (slightly too young to remember Mowbray’s team). I get the clamour for him to come back by some posters. Full houses, attacking football, there was a feel good factor about the club. However, my main question would be is he worth all the other circus that comes with him? (Falling out with players etc). My answer would be no. I like Nick and want him to do well but I think we need to look elsewhere if we are looking for a new manager.
    Stubbs team with Lennon in charge were good. Lennon's team won 3 in 16 I think it was.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'd take Ross Lennon or even LJ over this one, at least they all achieved a level of success at Hibs.
    I was looking for NM to win the last two and at least match what Johnson did pre split. To not even manage a draw at home to that St Johnstone side is horrific.

I’ve never once wanted Lennon back but this might push me over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Stubbs team with Lennon in charge were good. Lennon's team won 3 in 16 I think it was.
    Lennon was only successful as the captain of the ship that Alan Stubbs built. Soon as McGinn was sold and Fyvie and McGeouch wanted elsewhere he was shown as the emperor with no clothes.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Folk pining for the good times, mental eh.

We’ve been awful for years, and are getting worse under the current club leadership.

Long term ST holder but I’m not signing up for next year. Struggle to relate to anyone at the club or in the squad.

The good times under Lennon when he had us flying seem an eternity ago now.
    Aye the good times, like the absolute ***** we had to endure in the run up to him leaving.

Bit of context: Lennon had the best midfield in the country at his disposal, along with 2 firing strikers, a Martin Boyle who was as good as he’s ever been, Ambrose, peak Stevenson, up and coming Porteous.

When that midfield was broken up it fell to ***** pretty damn quickly and in the end he basically engineered a move back to Celtic - where he ****ed op 10in a row.

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cammy1969 View Post
    Haven’t read whole thread but I gave up my season ticket under Lennon as I felt so deflated under him, and I’ve been going since 83/84

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bizarre.

If you were deflated enough to give up your season ticket under lennon, you must have hit the depths of depression in the five years since he left.

Aye the good times, like the absolute ***** we had to endure in the run up to him leaving.

Bit of context: Lennon had the best midfield in the country at his disposal, along with 2 firing strikers, a Martin Boyle who was as good as he’s ever been, Ambrose, peak Stevenson, up and coming Porteous.

When that midfield was broken up it fell to ***** pretty damn quickly and in the end he basically engineered a move back to Celtic - where he ****ed op 10in a row.
    We were awful for the final three months under lennon. People forget that we started that 18/19 season pretty well.

I don't want him back, that chapter is closed.

😂 are his latest fortunes at Parkhead relevant? Notice you omitted his recent cracking European run with some Cypriot minnows too.

Bit of context: Lennon signed Allan to give us the best midfield in Scotland, Lennon signed Ambrose, Lennon signed the two firing strikers, Lennon gave Porto his debut, Lennon added steel to an already good Hibs side.

Aye, he struggled to replace McGinn - what Hibs manager wouldn’t ?

He had us winning a fair % of our big matches prior to the wheels coming off post SJM.

Unfortunately he has too much personality and strength of character to ever be considered by our ultra beige, corporate club.

😂 are his latest fortunes at Parkhead relevant? Notice you omitted his recent cracking European run with some Cypriot minnows too.

Bit of context: Lennon signed Allan to give us the best midfield in Scotland, Lennon signed Ambrose, Lennon signed the two firing strikers, Lennon gave Porto his debut, Lennon added steel to an already good Hibs side.

He had us winning a fair % of our big matches prior to the wheels coming off post SJM.

Unfortunately he has too much personality and strength of character to ever be considered by our ultra beige, corporate club.
    If his latest fortunes at parkhead are irrelevant then his Cypriot adventure is irrelevant as well no?

I didn’t mention that because I know nothing about it. He won the Cypriot cup or whatever it is and that’s great for him, so I take it’s still ongoing and he hasn’t been sacked or anything? Aye thought so..

You call our club beige and corporate? Why? For maximising revenue to allow us to pay record amounts in wages?

It’s these kind of toys-out-the-pram comments that are so tedious after a poor result.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Celebrated a 5-5 draw wi the huns like we had won the league. Ffs we were 3 nil up 🙄
    I'll get pelters again (as usual) but that game really grinds my gears. We bottled that game draw or not. It's almost as bad but not as bad as us claiming pride in being part of the 6-6 game with Motherwell. Cringe every time it's mentioned on the box.

I like Lennon and enjoyed his time here. Problem is that time has been and gone and bringing him back would be a huge mistake.

If his latest fortunes at parkhead are irrelevant then his Cypriot adventure is irrelevant as well no?

I didn’t mention that because I know nothing about it. He won the Cypriot cup or whatever it is and that’s great for him, so I take it’s still ongoing and he hasn’t been sacked or anything? Aye thought so..

You call our club beige and corporate? Why? For maximising revenue to allow us to pay record amounts in wages?

It’s these kind of toys-out-the-pram comments that are so tedious after a poor result.
    Aye he got binned, after leading them to relative glory. I’d take relative glory at ER.

Record breaking CEO wages aye. Otherwise, we’re paying over the odds for some crap players.

Toys out the pram? 2nd season out of Kensell’s 3 that we’re bottom 6 guff. If you think the club is well run, good for you. Easier to stomach (and accuse other fans of toys out pram comments), when you’re watching for free, from the armchair I guess.

Lennon’s time at Hibs was a rollercoaster, no doubt, and I can’t figure out why anyone would want to deny the best stuff he did with us, all of which was impressive and notable.

The wheels came off badly though and he was off pronto, in controversial fashion before getting the chance to turn it around.

I find it mad that he polarises opinion so much as in my mind the highs and lows cancel one another out. He’s another ex-manager who we had good times and bad with and who we probably shouldn’t have back, although if we did appoint him I probably wouldn’t lose my mind over it.

Also the problem with Lennon is that last time we were on a par with rangers and we could give it a go and fancy our chances against them. If he came back it wouldn't be the same now.

Aye he got binned, after leading them to relative glory. I’d take relative glory at ER.

Record breaking CEO wages aye. Otherwise, we’re paying over the odds for some crap players.

Toys out the pram? 2nd season out of Kensell’s 3 that we’re bottom 6 guff. If you think the club is well run, good for you. Easier to stomach (and accuse other fans of toys out pram comments), when you’re watching for free, from the armchair I guess.
    ST holder for over 40 years and agree fully with everything the poster you replied to said. Whether he attends games or not is neither here nor there. The repeated clamour for a NL return by a vocal minority on here is tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Also the problem with Lennon is that last time we were on a par with rangers and we could give it a go and fancy our chances against them. If he came back it wouldn't be the same now.
    And the good results we got against a celtic team that were light years ahead of us financially? You going to write those off?

People are so black amd white with lennon it's unreal. His time brought some very good times and bad times too. Both deserve to be remembered

I’ll leave it at that. Think that’s a very unfair comment but having made my circumstances clear that I am not able to attend games regularly I’m not going to engage with ***** that throw that in my face when they disagree with me.

I guess having season tickets for half your life makes no difference to your Hibs supporting credentials.

Sir Alex Ferguson

I’ll leave it at that. Think that’s a very unfair comment but having made my circumstances clear that I am not able to attend games regularly I’m not going to engage with ***** that throw that in my face when they disagree with me.

I guess having season tickets for half your life makes no difference to your Hibs supporting credentials.
    I think you’ll find it was yourself who had started off with the personal comments - toys out the pram, tedious etc. Felt I’d supported my comments with some facts re Lennon, which you chose to ignore / not acknowledge.

Maybe best not to dish it out , if you can’t take it back 👍

This thread should have been posted last Monday and not yesterday.

I don't want a return to a manager blaming the players for his own tactics being wrong, press conferences about Celtc or seven defenders against Kilmarnock.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.