hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me too. Big fan of Mcleish.
    Alex McLeish was one of the most down to earth and personable Hibs managers I have had dealings with.

I remember phoning him one time and he was on the golf course, and asked me to hold on while he took a putt…then quite happily listened to me rave on!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    That's where I would be if we brought in McInnes
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Why?
    Could be a long wait for badabing before he renews again. Might never be back.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    he left us for Rangers but winning the treble there on what was by Rangers' standards a paltry budget and when Celtic under O'Neill were the better side was a sound achievement.
    Which part of Rangers budget was paltry? The bit they paid the players wages from or the bit they paid the players EBTs from?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doh Rae Me View Post
    13.05.18 v rangers Att. 19579
    10.03.24 v rangers Att. 14297

The top, under Lennon, with Hibs having half of the South stand.
    That is one hell of a lot of Hibbies missing, me being one of them.
    I'd rather listen to a ranting Lennon after a battling defeat than a stuttering mouse after pure capitulation.
    The difference in the attendances are astounding and as far as the people I talk to the vast majority would love Lennon back in the hot seat.
    One is a cup game so not exactly a fair comparison. We played The Rangers towards the end of Lennon's time in Late December and the attendance was 18662. That was a midweek fixture. We most recently played The Rangers in the league towards the end of January and that was also a midweek fixture and the attendance was 18617. That is as close to a like for like as I can see and I may argue the latest fixture was at the end of teh hardest financial month in a cost of living crisis and a team really struggling. You can't pick the best of Lennon when comparing him. The average was simply average and the excellent pretty short lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Alex McLeish was one of the most down to earth and personable Hibs managers I have had dealings with.

I remember phoning him one time and he was on the golf course, and asked me to hold on while he took a putt…then quite happily listened to me rave on!
    Few of us bumped into him in France during the 98 World Cup and he stood and chatted for an age, happily indulging our fanciful suggestions for Hibs signings (little knowing he was going to bring in players we couldn't previously have imagined coming to Hibs). Fans of many clubs had gathered around by that stage and you could see how well-liked he was by everyone.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    One is a cup game so not exactly a fair comparison. We played The Rangers towards the end of Lennon's time in Late December and the attendance was 18662. That was a midweek fixture. We most recently played The Rangers in the league towards the end of January and that was also a midweek fixture and the attendance was 18617. That is as close to a like for like as I can see and I may argue the latest fixture was at the end of teh hardest financial month in a cost of living crisis and a team really struggling. You can't pick the best of Lennon when comparing him. The average was simply average and the excellent pretty short lived.

Spot on IMO.