hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our defenders are criminally inconsistent.

None of them have been good enough and I don’t think any of them can honestly have any argument if they are dropped or ultimately replaced in the summer.
    Rocky could be excellent but just always has a mistake in him. It’s so frustrating.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Fish just hasn’t developed like we hoped he would.
    I feel sorry for any CB having to play alongside Rocky.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    People don't remember how badly that SC winning side slumped when he was injured, along with Fyvie, another very underrated player.

Hanlon was brilliant at his best.
    I'll honestly never understand the grief Hanlon gets from some of our fans. A decent number of them as well!

He's been brilliant for us and should still be starting now.

Rocky could be excellent but just always has a mistake in him. It’s so frustrating.
    Both Rocky and Fish are both learning their trade, we’ve seen the good side and also the bad and I’m sure both will provably become very good defenders but at this moment they are showing that inconsistency you get with young players.

We need to bring in an older experienced defender who’s going to be a leader on the pitch, someone who can help both those young guys to build confidence and consistency that’ll help the team keep that back door firmly closed.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    Both Rocky and Fish are both learning their trade, we’ve seen the good side and also the bad and I’m sure both will provably become very good defenders but at this moment they are showing that inconsistency you get with young players.

We need to bring in an older experienced defender who’s going to be a leader on the pitch, someone who can help both those young guys to build confidence and consistency that’ll help the team keep that back door firmly closed.
    When he was starting we were equally as poor defensively this season. Talk about Hanlon should be starting, or him being our best defender, is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, IMO, and more because of who he is than actual contribution this season.

A good player on his day, a good servant, I also don’t see a case for keeping him next season when it’s a natural parting of the ways unless we want to keep leaking woefully cheap goals but talking up our defenders individually as is the case this season for all 3 centrebacks.

Edit, wrong post quoted.

Unfortunately he's not been a " Special Fish " .

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I feel sorry for any CB having to play alongside Rocky.
    Why? Rocky has done nothing wrong in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    Why do we concede so many goals with him in the team? He can't make the passes that the likes of Fish and Hanlon can either.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I'll honestly never understand the grief Hanlon gets from some of our fans. A decent number of them as well!

He's been brilliant for us and should still be starting now.
    And me. Just look at the difference in the defence since our long term servants across the backline have went out of the side one by one.

No doubting the timing was correct but just shows they aren't so easily replaced and some want to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Why do we concede so many goals with him in the team? He can't make the passes that the likes of Fish and Hanlon can either.
    So every goal is rockys fault!! You could put that point over for every single defender in the team. Why do we lose so many goals with fosh and Marshall? His passing is also no worse than fish, hanlons long cross field ball is not that great either, we clearly need good experienced CHs but rocky is not a huge issue and has quite rightly been getting plaudits the last few months
    Last edited by Allant1981; 07-04-2024 at 02:42 PM.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I’d say there’s been no difference all season whoever our centre back pairing is.
    We’re definitely between Rocky and a hard plaice.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I’d need to see it again, but yesterday for their first goal my impression at the time was he either needed to get the ball or take his man out. Triantis was covering so it would only have been a booking but he did neither. It’s frustrating as he did lots well, but that’s been the story with him for so long - the game against Hearts for example.

Tbf it also looked in real time like Triantis gave up on it way too early. Being chased by a lion territory.

So every goal is rockys fault!! You could put that point over for every single defender in the team. Why do we lose so many goals with fosh and Marshall? His passing is also no worse than fish, hanlons long cross field ball is not that great either, we clearly need good experienced CHs but rocky is not a huge issue and has quite rightly been getting plaudits the last few months
    I didn't say that. He's got attributes but for me the flaws outweigh them. Just my opinion, not arguing about it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I’d need to see it again, but yesterday for their first goal my impression at the time was he either needed to get the ball or take his man out. Triantis was covering so it would only have been a booking but he did neither. It’s frustrating as he did lots well, but that’s been the story with him for so long - the game against Hearts for example.

Tbf it also looked in real time like Triantis gave up on it way too early. Being chased by a lion territory.
    Think the issue was Triantis wasn’t covering and could have played the scorer offside

First Team Breakthrough
    Not watching the game closely enough then. Always standing in wrong positions and caught out for the first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Hibs 68 View Post
    Jeezus.Seen a load of crap on this site but to suggest Hanlon has never been good enough is right up there.
    Been the scapegoat for a long time unfortunately, would much rather depend on him than what we have playing just now. I really hope that he plays against Motherwell, I`m sure he will be able to take care of Bair.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    Not watching the game closely enough then. Always standing in wrong positions and caught out for the first goal.
    I watch the game closely don't worry, and for a long time rocky has done nothing wrong

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Our only decent centre half is Paul Hanlon.

Both Rocky and Triantis were piss poor for their first goal.
    Joe Newell wasn’t exactly blameless at the first. Gave the ball away so so cheaply.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    Rocky stepped up leaving their player offside. Triantis dozing kept him on making Rocky look like it was his fault.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Rocky stepped up leaving their player offside. Triantis dozing kept him on making Rocky look like it was his fault.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-07 at 09.59.22.jpg

He'd do well getting him off side when he was in his own half. It was a brain fart from Rocky. He is partial to them. He shouldn't allow the player to be on the inside of him at that point. He's the last man, he has to be given himself space, and the angle into the danger area. Triantis angle of then running back is very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-07 at 09.59.22.jpg

He'd do well getting him off side when he was in his own half. It was a brain fart from Rocky. He is partial to them. He shouldn't allow the player to be on the inside of him at that point. He's the last man, he has to be given himself space, and the angle into the danger area. Triantis angle of then running back is very poor.
    Yep, some of the mental gymnastics that I've seen over the past few days to absolve Rocky have been impressive. It's his fault and then Triantis isn't great on the cover either.