hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ben Kensell

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that dig really necessary? I'd be amazed if you have any of the sales data in front of you from the last few years

The personal insults at club personnel when we're not performing to our capabilities irk me and are certainly not, as we like to claim "Hibs class"
    Fortunately for me, I couldn’t give a toss what you think.

These charlatans are overseeing abject failure and being paid a fortune for the privilege.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Because that’s what he does.

Under any slight scrutiny the guy seems to waffle.

He was on about how Luzern’s budget was £8M compared to our £5/6M so it was a big scalp.

My maye pointed out repeatedly that it costs £10 for a pint in Luzern vs £5.5 for a pint in Edinburgh so you’d expect their budget to be bigger (cost of living is higher).

BK just kept repeating the same stuff.

That’s my only example of him under scrutiny. Salesman seems an apt description.
    Beating Luzern was a scalp and a great result. They have a bigger budget and their players also pay less tax, I’m not sure how the difference in the cost of a pint changes the fact they had a decent financial advantage over us. I’d call your mate repeated “point” s**** patter rather than scrutiny so I can see why he didn’t give him the time of day.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Beating Luzern was a scalp and a great result. They have a bigger budget and their players also pay less tax, I’m not sure how the difference in the cost of a pint changes the fact they had a decent financial advantage over us. I’d call your mate repeated “point” s**** patter rather than scrutiny so I can see why he didn’t give him the time of day.
    Of course he never used the cost of a pint as a metric to measure the budgets.

That was a flippant point made by me.

The overall point was that the budgets are nowhere near as far apart when you consider the cost of living in Luzern Vs Edinburgh.

How much would a Hibs player’s wage get them in Luzern vs in Edinburgh? A half pint to our full pint for a start.

With that in mind, Luzern simply have to offer more money than us.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I was talking to someone very senior at the weekend. According to them, over 9000 have renewed, around 2000 up compared to the same time last year.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I was talking to someone very senior at the weekend. According to them, over 9000 have renewed, around 2000 up compared to the same time last year.
    Great news.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    We renewed in anticipation of what may happen in the summer transfer window with the BKs more than anything else. That was in spite of how we’ve been playing, not because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    We renewed in anticipation of what may happen in the summer transfer window with the BKs more than anything else. That was in spite of how we’ve been playing, not because of it.
    So the CEO was being honest?

Time is up Ben.

Years of failure on the park where it matters under your leadership. Time to step aside and use your massive salary elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Get the bottle job bottle tanned Burton suit wearing Arnold Clark salesman to ****
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Isn't Ben "teaching" Ian Gordon on how to run a football club? Dear god. Who knows what state we will be in come 5 years time.

He has been in post for 3 full seasons. We have missed top 6 in two of those.

He has to take at least part of the responsibility, ultimately he's the man charged with running the show day to day.

I'll always give him credit for the commercial work he has done but ultimately we are a football club. That may generate the income to build the football side but with the wrong people making the wrong decisions on that front we will continue to fail. We have spent more than we have ever spent this season and are miles behind Kilmarnock and St Mirren.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

He has to take at least part of the responsibility, ultimately he's the man charged with running the show day to day.

I'll always give him credit for the commercial work he has done but ultimately we are a football club. That may generate the income to build the football side but with the wrong people making the wrong decisions on that front we will continue to fail. We have spent more than we have ever spent this season and are miles behind Kilmarnock and St Mirren.
    Kensell, doing a great job with the cash side of the business, who is in charge of the football side of the business.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    It’s time to go Ben

We’re a football team. And we’re absolute **** at football

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

He deserves no credit for his commercial work - our last set of accounts were shocking - huge losses and unsustainable spending on player wages!!

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Haemorrhaging money and missing top 6 twice in his 3 years at the club.
    Leave. Now.

He’s one of those twats with a massively over inflated ego.

Like someone says above, our last accounts were shocking. And the footballs shocking.

Not sure he’s all he likes to make out he is.

Should be gone with the manager and half the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Something to do with a tan I reckon

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    And a fancy watch . Out . Take Monty and Brian too.

The seat release date was moved forward.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I would take that with a pinch of salt.
    He's not gonna say the sales have been poor is he?

I know a fair few that still haven't renewed yet. In fact. The Ticket office has been phoning people chasing them up.

345k a year he's drawing for this ****.

Just let that settle in.

I think the review will see him keep his job but he won’t be involved in the football side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I think the review will see him keep his job but he won’t be involved in the football side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What does this mean? He’s CEO so he is ultimately responsible for all of the parts of the club. It doesn’t mean day to day he’s doing those jobs.

How could he keep his job as CEO of a football ball club and have no involvement in the ‘football side?’

He’s going nowhere. 345k for a CEO that can’t construct an email.

Pretty certain he's the highest paid CEO as measured against percentage of turnover of any club in the SPL too. Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Pretty certain he's the highest paid CEO as measured against percentage of turnover of any club in the SPL too. Mental.
    Would be interesting to see those figures and also tie them in with how much each CEO has increased turnover as a percentage too.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Would be interesting to see those figures and also tie them in with how much each CEO has increased turnover as a percentage too.
    Also the bonuses which will no doubt be linked in their contracts which unlikely to be made public

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Think Celtic’s is on a bigger wage against turnover iirc.

But BK is (or was pre recent accounts) the second or third highest.

He’s way above our ‘competitors’ for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    However much he’s increased the turnover by, he’s increased expenditure by even more !

We finished 3rd and Kensell then arrived in the summer. His awful running of our club has led to us having 3 pretty poor seasons, missing out on £5m+ each year in potential European prize money, we’ve now missed the boat on this. Also canny pick a manager.

Let’s get someone else in to try improve things, we certainly could given his obscene salary 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Of course he never used the cost of a pint as a metric to measure the budgets.

That was a flippant point made by me.

The overall point was that the budgets are nowhere near as far apart when you consider the cost of living in Luzern Vs Edinburgh.

How much would a Hibs player’s wage get them in Luzern vs in Edinburgh? A half pint to our full pint for a start.

With that in mind, Luzern simply have to offer more money than us.
    This is a strange post. I'd think Youan is on more money at Hibs than he was at St. Gallen. He doesn't give a toss that a pint is cheaper here. His home may be cheaper too but as pointed out, he's paying less tax.

Luzern was a very good win and BKs point is valid.

I'd keep Kensell and have him running the non football side. To his credit he's done a great job on that. I'd get him as far away from the football side as possible and restructure.

You look at the "leadership" spine of the club, Ian Gordon, Kensell, McDermott, Montgomery. They have no working knowledge of Scottish football. We are hugely underperforming on the park and we're the most un-streetwise team in the league. That needs to change. Everyone knows Scottish football is blood and snotters apart from us. We can't see games out, we're being out smarted by the likes of Craig Levein and floundering about the bottom six with a huge budget.

Keep Kensell doing what he is good at and get the football side in order. Hopefully the BK's implement something,restructure and get the right people in the right positions. Go and appoint the people that are getting it right in our league at other clubs.
    Last edited by Since452; 18-04-2024 at 09:23 AM.