hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Kensell

What a mess again with things on the pitch, looking like another manager change could be on the cards unless a miracle.

Looking at another rebuild with the playing squad, yes things might have improved financially off the field but on the field yet again not acceptable with the funds we now have at our disposal.

Have seen a few saying for Foley to get rid of BK and rest again, something I would be in favour of.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I would only reduce rangers if we equally reduce celtic two cheeks of a bigoted arse. Will cost a huge amount for our principals though and I doubt we'll match it with fans, even if the vocal I'll not be back crowd come back

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a mess again with things on the pitch, looking like another manager change could be on the cards unless a miracle.

Looking at another rebuild with the playing squad, yes things might have improved financially off the field but on the field yet again not acceptable with the funds we now have at our disposal.

Have seen a few saying for Foley to get rid of BK and rest again, something I would be in favour of.
    Ben Kensell is part of the problem so I'd be in favour of it too . Been totally unprofessional in the past .

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    We’ve became corporate and feels like we’ve had the soul ripped out of us, we’re Americanised.

What nonsense!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Could be. I think he’s not without his faults but under him we are bringing in more money than ever before, spending more on wages than ever before and more on transfer fees than ever before. I don’t see how anyone can say we aren’t backing managers.

I absolutely get the criticism over the manager appointments, I’ll never understand how anyone listened to Johnson and fell for his chat, but at our level every appointment is a gamble to some extent. Look at the sheep, spending even more than us and in an even worse state.
    At the same time, we're are paying more for tickets, paying more for hospitality, paying more in the shop......than ever before!

The extra money going into the club comes from us.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNor View Post
    Go. You absolute imposter. Since you joined this club you have robbed it of its soul and managed to make us so much worse. The fans are utterly exhausted with the football. Your bull**** with hospitality and sponsorship, no one cares. All we want is a decent product on the park. You’ve oversaw three of the worst managerial appointments ever at this club, hiring people who had zero understanding of coaching a big club in Scotland. You turned your nose up at experience. You sacked the one manager who’d achieved anything with us after his first bad run and then decided to experiment with this utterly mad youth team that resulted in ZERO players coming through. None.

Rod Petrie attracted protests because of some of the rubbish that happened under his watch. Honestly, his time pails into comparison wit your ineptitude. How you’ve managed to land a pay rise is beyond me.

On the very basis you supported the Foley deal I now think it’ll be a disaster.

How there is no talk of fans demanding Kensell leave is beyond me. He has been a disgrace.
    A nonsense post.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    Correct, Dempster was right place right time. Couldn’t get a front of shirt sponsor hence the thank you nhs.
    That was the community foundation year no?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    A nonsense post.
    It’s really not, a very accurate post.

The mood around the club has been getting worse for years now, he is leading our club nowhere.

Get him and his monstrous salary OUT

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post

The mood around the club has been getting worse for years now, he is leading our club nowhere.

Indeed. The fact that in support of him all people can conjure is “nonsense” or similarly brief responses tells a story.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I rarely criticise as a) I generally think people need time b) it’s destructive and given the resources the club has success is far from easy.
    However, I am underwhelmed by Ben Kensell and sadly I don’t think Ian Gordon is a leader.

Kensell is an administrator with little sign of leadership. Sure some issues have been handled well off the field but on the field very weak. Similarly while I think the Gordon’s have been good for Hibs sadly I am not convened by Ian.

If you watch the interview when Montgomery was hired both Ben and Ian fail to show leadership. They pass the buck on his appointment rather than leading from the front with confidence. It’s but one example but telling in my view.

The harsh reality is our new minority shareholder will be unlikely to stand for mediocrity and he will have his own view on Kensell. If he stays perhaps there is more to him that seems apparent to me from afar. But I suggest change is on the way.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    At the same time, we're are paying more for tickets, paying more for hospitality, paying more in the shop......than ever before!

The extra money going into the club comes from us.
    That’s not specific to Hibs though, the price of everything in life has gone up. At the same time we’ve kept season ticket prices the same as last year.

You’ve just made that up. The mood around the club is better than it’s ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    What nonsense!
    Spot on. Stop being babies. Soul ripped out our club 😂😂. Grow up. We got beat. Our defenders were garbage. (Same defenders that people on here thought were top class btw). It’s got zero to do with BK

You’ve just made that up. The mood around the club is better than it’s ever been.
    Seriously ?

ER has a genuine fire drill 75/80 mins EVERY week, regardless of the score. Most of the crowd are long gone by FT. There is no affinity / bond between fan and players. No atmosphere at all.

Stunned that you think the mood currently is better than under Stubbs / Lennon.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    I rarely criticise as a) I generally think people need time b) it’s destructive and given the resources the club has success is far from easy.
    However, I am underwhelmed by Ben Kensell and sadly I don’t think Ian Gordon is a leader.

Kensell is an administrator with little sign of leadership. Sure some issues have been handled well off the field but on the field very weak. Similarly while I think the Gordon’s have been good for Hibs sadly I am not convened by Ian.

If you watch the interview when Montgomery was hired both Ben and Ian fail to show leadership. They pass the buck on his appointment rather than leading from the front with confidence. It’s but one example but telling in my view.

The harsh reality is our new minority shareholder will be unlikely to stand for mediocrity and he will have his own view on Kensell. If he stays perhaps there is more to him that seems apparent to me from afar. But I suggest change is on the way.
    Or maybe IG and BK recognised that mistakes were made in appointing previous managers and let our DoF lead the way when hiring Monty ?

It may come across as if I’m a huge fan of Kensell, but I’m not. I’m as frustrated as anyone at the poor football decisions we’ve been making. I’ll repeat myself though, at our level there is an element of risk in appointing any manager. I’m my 50+ years supporting Hibs I’ve lost track of all the managers we’ve had but it’s fair to say very few of them have been good appointments. I will never understand the Johnson appointment but I totally get why they went for Maloney and Monty.

If, as is looking very likely, we punt Monty and get it right with his replacement a lot of the noise around Kensell will fade away imo. It’s clearly not perfect but what we are doing under him (and IG) is spending money on the football side that we never have before.

People talk like this £6 million investment is gonna change everything. If you add our losses from last year together with failing to make top 6 and Europe this year then you all but wipe that £6 million out.

Seriously ?

ER has a genuine fire drill 75/80 mins EVERY week, regardless of the score. Most of the crowd are long gone by FT. There is no affinity / bond between fan and players. No atmosphere at all.

Stunned that you think the mood currently is better than under Stubbs / Lennon.
    Used to have about 12000 during stubs. Maybe you weren’t there.

Used to have about 12000 during stubs. Maybe you weren’t there.
    We comparing attendance figures, or general atmosphere around the club?

I think you’re well aware that the matchday experience has been on the wane for years.

We comparing attendance figures, or general atmosphere around the club?

I think you’re well aware that the matchday experience has been on the wane for years.
    It was **** in the times you are talking about. As I say. You’ve maybe forgotten.

🤣🤣

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    There’s a big difference between a bad atmosphere on the one hand and creeping indifference on the other. There is zero excitement around Hibs this season and that’s simply a reflection of how the club is: the CE, the manager, the captain, the team, all exude a low level lack of intensity.

Incoherent is the word I would use to describe our club’s collective psyche at the moment.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    There’s a big difference between a bad atmosphere on the one hand and creeping indifference on the other. There is zero excitement around Hibs this season and that’s simply a reflection of how the club is: the CE, the manager, the captain, the team, all exude a low level lack of intensity.

Incoherent is the word I would use to describe our club’s collective psyche at the moment.
    Yep I'm seeing folk who sit near me, some who used to be up on their feet urging the team on, others who were up on their feet howling abuse. Now they sit and do very little. If they turn up at all that is.

The occasional trip to hospitality must pay..

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The occasional trip to hospitality must pay..
    Do you ever see any of the top brass visiting the East or FF pre match
    I would reckon there’s at least 6 directors I wouldn’t know what they looked like

First Team Breakthrough
    A nonsense post.
    Judging by the response to this thread, you are wrong. Instead of just declaring this a nonsense post, why not tell me why? Do you think things on the pitch (where it really matters) have improved since Ben’s arrival?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    There’s not a single institution of any sort whose success or failure isn’t ultimately determined by the quality of its leadership. That’s where the power always lies. It’s either exercised well or badly, or alternatively it just isn’t exercised at all.

There are two people in leadership positions at our club, the person called Chief Executive and the person who is the real Chief Executive. That’s where the root of our problems sit.

Bit early for the Fringe ain't it.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Should never have survived the Maloney shambles.
    Get him, The Gordons, Montgomery and McDermott out of this club and we might have half a chance of retaining some sort of soul.
    Right now, we are nothing more than a “Sports Franchise”.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    People talk like this £6 million investment is gonna change everything. If you add our losses from last year together with failing to make top 6 and Europe this year then you all but wipe that £6 million out.
    Yeap. Our poor performance this year threatens to wipe out any advantage the Foley money should give us. Let’s hope results go the right way for us next week.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    Should never have survived the Maloney shambles.
    Get him, The Gordons, Montgomery and McDermott out of this club and we might have half a chance of retaining some sort of soul.
    Right now, we are nothing more than a “Sports Franchise”.
    Amazing. Bring in who then? Honestly. Where are all you lot when we win games. It’s the same watching Hibs for the last 30 years. Sometime good sometime rubbish. Nothing changes.