hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Kensell

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Financially we made a big loss in the last accounts.
    Yesterdays news, the next accounts show a huge improvement, so he is bringing in impressive cash, as for the football side well that's another obvious story.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    How much involvement did he have in the appointment of Monty ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    How much involvement did he have in the appointment of Monty ?
    Sorted out the contracts, BMcD led on this as he should as DoF

@hibs.net private member
    Financially we made a big loss in the last accounts.
    We won't next plus we'll have no debt with all the costs for massive upgrades paid off, plus famous 5 upgrade and indoor training centre will be paid for from investment. We are doing amazing financially, keeping up with top 3. Unfortunately that matters nowt as we're pish

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    If that's correct then he shouldn't be getting that much criticism then maybe?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    If that's correct then he shouldn't be getting that much criticism then maybe?
    Who appointed McDermott?

Looking at the variables that have changed - three managers, DoF or not, and no difference. No improvement in the sort of area of the table we are trudging along in.

It’s time to look at what the constants have been during this prolonged period of underachieving. Otherwise we will just keep changing managers or roles within the football department over and over and over and expecting different results.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 06-04-2024 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Puzzling then why Kensell is getting it in the neck over Monty…..

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Something to do with a tan I reckon

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    My feeling has always been is that Ben Kensell and Ian Gordon have taken us down a fantasy project which is either going to fizzle out or something we will ultimately regret.

I don't trust the key decisions they have made.

Cant believe we have fans blaming the Gordons, do a whip round and buy them out, as they are putting their own money into the club to enhance every aspect and have ensured funds were available to buy players and retain our own stars. They have given the club more on and off the pitch than I can ever recall.

Yes we are all frustrated at the lack of progress but the constant changing of management has brought us no rewards and only impacts the available cash for the next manager as we have spent lots on compensation to managers and their staff. No manger has been chosen hoping that they would fail, thats just not true, and there is no certainty that the next manager will bring success, Sir Alex Ferguson is proof as he as about to get the sack at Man Utd due to poor seasons but eventually turned it round and the rest is history yet he would not survive a season at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Something to do with a tan I reckon

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Could be. I think he’s not without his faults but under him we are bringing in more money than ever before, spending more on wages than ever before and more on transfer fees than ever before. I don’t see how anyone can say we aren’t backing managers.

I absolutely get the criticism over the manager appointments, I’ll never understand how anyone listened to Johnson and fell for his chat, but at our level every appointment is a gamble to some extent. Look at the sheep, spending even more than us and in an even worse state.

@hibs.net private member
    Who appointed McDermott?

Looking at the variables that have changed - three managers, DoF or not, and no difference. No improvement in the sort of area of the table we are trudging along in.

It’s time to look at what the constants have been during this prolonged period of underachieving. Otherwise we will just keep changing managers or roles within the football department over and over and over and expecting different results.
    He's a money man he's not a little bit changed our finances he's dramatically changed it. Debt free 6 mil to spend and a link up that should change dramatically the crap we've been watching. People were blaming him for picking managers 5 minutes ago now its picking the man who picks the manager. Monty on paper was a good appointment. I'll let them pass onto black Knights the next one but I'm an optimistic chap and on the tempranillo, GGTTH

Ben is a very clever man who has set up a very smart management structure.

He will be laughing all the way to his pension top up plan and his redundancy pay out.

Easy money if you know how. ✌️

@hibs.net private member
    This

Quote Originally Posted by jakeshibs View Post
    Cant believe we have fans blaming the Gordons, do a whip round and buy them out, as they are putting their own money into the club to enhance every aspect and have ensured funds were available to buy players and retain our own stars. They have given the club more on and off the pitch than I can ever recall.

Yes we are all frustrated at the lack of progress but the constant changing of management has brought us no rewards and only impacts the available cash for the next manager as we have spent lots on compensation to managers and their staff. No manger has been chosen hoping that they would fail, thats just not true, and there is no certainty that the next manager will bring success, Sir Alex Ferguson is proof as he as about to get the sack at Man Utd due to poor seasons but eventually turned it round and the rest is history yet he would not survive a season at Hibs.

Yeah can't believe fans are blaming those running the club for continually appointing terrible managers and having a terrible recruitment structure in place for 5 years, I mean it's clearly not the fault of those who own and run the club.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Yesterdays news, the next accounts show a huge improvement, so he is bringing in impressive cash, as for the football side well that's another obvious story.
    How do you know that
    I doubt it

We need something like Ineos at United; turn over all football operations to the new minority owners. Let them clean house, start again.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    How do you know that
    I doubt it

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Clearly he's done a very impressive job off the park, the owners think very highly of him and I think with recent stuff about opposition fans and referees, he's listened to the fans and stood up for the club.

That's only half the job, though - the part we all want to see is on the pitch on a Saturday afternoon and it's brutal, and has been for a while.

What does McDermott do? The club needed a DoF to sort out the football side of the club but I don't know how Monty fits in with the club ethos, what the long term football strategy is our what profile of player we target is etc. Stuff that the DoF should be accountable for but we just look like we're completely rudderless.

The problems run deeper than just the manager (he is a problem, too).
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Crammond Hibee View Post
    How do you know that
    I doubt it
    It was explained at the AGM.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Clearly he's done a very impressive job off the park, the owners think very highly of him and I think with recent stuff about opposition fans and referees, he's listened to the fans and stood up for the club.

That's only half the job, though - the part we all want to see is on the pitch on a Saturday afternoon and it's brutal, and has been for a while.

What does McDermott do? The club needed a DoF to sort out the football side of the club but I don't know how Monty fits in with the club ethos, what the long term football strategy is our what profile of player we target is etc. Stuff that the DoF should be accountable for but we just look like we're completely rudderless.

The problems run deeper than just the manager (he is a problem, too).
    That's pish. I emailed him after the RG tribute against the huns and he didn't give a **** then. All about the money, basically, was the reply.

Easy to make a stand and seem you're doing right by the club after billionaires are onboard.

First Team Breakthrough
    I find it stunning that some defend Kensell on here, especially when they cite “commercial improvements”. Laughable. We just posted a massive loss. How’s that a commercial improvement? He’s failed on every measure. If I fail at my job I get sacked. When Ben fails he gets a pay rise. The guy has taken us all for fools, and yet those who frequent the hospitality suites can’t see the issue. Let’s see if you agree when we start posting crowds of 8,000 again…

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    That's pish. I emailed him after the RG tribute against the huns and he didn't give a **** then. All about the money, basically, was the reply.

Easy to make a stand and seem you're doing right by the club after billionaires are onboard.
    Think his stance changed after he heard the strength of feeling at the AGM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Will his stance change on constantly hiring people with little to no experience of managing in Scotland once the crowds hit 8,000 next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    Correct, Dempster was right place right time. Couldn’t get a front of shirt sponsor hence the thank you nhs.
    Community Foundation.

Gamer IDs

Nothing to do with already securing the Black Knights backing by that point then? Come on, Matty.

If you're not going to make a stand as a club when your owners family are at a match where they disrespect Ron for financial reasons, then you're never going to suddenly take a stand cause a few angry Hibs fans are at an AGM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I’m seriously swithering from my position along with where Mikey Stewart is (From todays Sportsound)
    Today was the day by hook or by crook to win that game and show his mettle.

We must have failed to get our defensive targets in a typically tough January market. Did we assume that the Foley deal would conclude ahead of the window by get messed up by the delay?

From hearing McDermott speak I think he’s an asset. Come the summer window he’ll get his chance to show what he can conjour up - hopefully clear what’s needed.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    I’m seriously swithering from my position along with where Mikey Stewart is (From todays Sportsound)
    Today was the day by hook or by crook to win that game and show his mettle.

We must have failed to get our defensive targets in a typically tough January market. Did we assume that the Foley deal would conclude ahead of the window by get messed up by the delay?

From hearing McDermott speak I think he’s an asset. Come the summer window he’ll get his chance to show what he can conjour up - hopefully clear what’s needed.
    Montgomery’s target was Triantis. He got him. Since then he’s made mistakes for at least four or five goals.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNor View Post
    Will his stance change on constantly hiring people with little to no experience of managing in Scotland once the crowds hit 8,000 next season?
    I hope so.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Nothing to do with already securing the Black Knights backing by that point then? Come on, Matty.

If you're not going to make a stand as a club when your owners family are at a match where they disrespect Ron for financial reasons, then you're never going to suddenly take a stand cause a few angry Hibs fans are at an AGM.
    I don't think the money we're getting is significant enough to make us just forget about gate income from our biggest games, to be honest.

What I would say is that at the AGM he did say that the Gordons wanted to do something about it before so maybe there was pressure from there as well.

Gamer IDs

I don't think the money we're getting is significant enough to make us just forget about gate income from our biggest games, to be honest.

What I would say is that at the AGM he did say that the Gordons wanted to do something about it before so maybe there was pressure from there as well.
    If the money we're getting isn't enough to negate a portion of the hun allocation then I'd genuinely question what the point in the money is.

If the Gordons, think it was Ian in particular they mentioned, were pushing for reduced allocation and Kensell didn't make it happen then that reflects really really poorly on him. All about the money. Much like his reply to my email confirmed.