hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ben Kensell

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a strange post. I'd think Youan is on more money at Hibs than he was at St. Gallen. He doesn't give a toss that a pint is cheaper here. His home may be cheaper too but as pointed out, he's paying less tax.

Luzern was a very good win and BKs point is valid.
    He may well be on more than he was at St Gallen.

Firstly, we do not know if that is the case or not.
    Secondly, even if it is, it does not take account of the fact that cost of living in Switzerland is a good bit higher than here.

So the difference in the budget, I think it was €8M plays £5M is not as big a gap as is made out because you HAVE to pay player more money because it is a higher cost of living.

Forget about the pints. They were simply used as a measure of expense ( when asking about the cost of thing most people ask ‘how much is a pint?’).

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs90 View Post
    Time is up Ben.

Years of failure on the park where it matters under your leadership. Time to step aside and use your massive salary elsewhere.
    Hibs were struggling for many years before Ben Kendall arrival.theclub stagnated under Tom farmer and rod Petrie.I acknowledge Tom farmers taking over the club,but he done it for the community,thank you sir Tom.this club needs shaking up,could bill foley be the man.i believe he is.he wants to compete with the old firm,will he do it .he has the money and drive.

Some chat doing the rounds that Kensell is leaving? Not sure if it's part of the review outcomes or a pre-planned move. Anyone heard anything?

Quote Originally Posted by big gogs View Post
    Hibs were struggling for many years before Ben Kendall arrival.theclub stagnated under Tom farmer and rod Petrie.I acknowledge Tom farmers taking over the club,but he done it for the community,thank you sir Tom.this club needs shaking up,could bill foley be the man.i believe he is.he wants to compete with the old firm,will he do it .he has the money and drive.
    Farmer and Petrie built a stadium and a training complex which was an amazing feat.
    We were in hellish debt, had an ancient dump of a stadium and the players trained in public parks, dog **** and all.
    The current regime has and is decorating the stadium and replaced the pitches with hybrid pitches.
    If they build the full size covered indoor pitch at East Mains, as suggested, they will have made real progress.

As for Foley, he will be 80 before this year is out so both he and that drive you are speaking about could disappear overnight.
    Hibs and Kensell are making steady progress off the pitch and will start making progress on the pitch as well. It's only 3 years since a world pandemic and we are coming out of a naive moneyball approach from the new owners but the big picture is we are in good financial shape and ready to move forward now after 2 hellish seasons in 3.

Kensell is doing fine on the commercials and McDermott will do well with the player movement in and out if he remains. Hopefully he is here for at least 5 more months to sort out all the summer business. Supporters are a fickle lot, nay wonder the club feels it has to fire spin at us all the time to calm us down.
    Ian Gordon is the guy to judge Kensell because he actually knows what the guy has done well and what he hasn't.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 22-04-2024 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Some chat doing the rounds that Kensell is leaving? Not sure if it's part of the review outcomes or a pre-planned move. Anyone heard anything?
    No idea but I hope so tbh. He has overseen the gradual decline at the club on the pitch since his arrival. No doubt improvements have been made off it but I'm led to believe it was all part of Ron's overall plan for the club as opposed to anything BK has spearheaded himself. Could be wrong (probably am) but would like to see Foley etc. appoint their own man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    No idea but I hope so tbh. He has overseen the gradual decline at the club on the pitch since his arrival. No doubt improvements have been made off it but I'm led to believe it was all part of Ron's overall plan for the club as opposed to anything BK has spearheaded himself. Could be wrong (probably am) but would like to see Foley etc. appoint their own man.
    Agree I think he's been given too much credit for the off field stuff.

Ron identified that as a key area very early on and I suspect put most of the wheels in motion before his health declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    Why should a minority shareholder get to appoint the Chief Executive?

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    They wouldn’t unless the majority shareholder agrees. I think people are over exaggerating exactly what the Black Knights can actually do

Correct ... and Kensell is the Gordon's guy. Why would they let a minority holder put their guy in as CEO. Bonkers.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 22-04-2024 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Doing the rounds where? I haven't seen anything.

Also i seen on the bounce a few months back something about a 3 year embargo from working in English football was part of the terms when Kensell left Norwich. anyone heard anything about that?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    It will be the board, not the shareholders that appoint a new Chief Exec. BKFC have as much say as the Gordon’s now on that front.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    They wouldn’t unless the majority shareholder agrees. I think people are over exaggerating exactly what the Black Knights can actually do
    Think we would be daft to think the black knights are not running the show now, minority shareholding or not, why do you think the club were desperate for the vote to go through, it wasn't just for a £6m investment