hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That Motherwell forward bair will ragdoll our clowns at the back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can see us and Dundee winning for the bants
    No, Dundee will lose, and it'll be Motherwell, as we'll lose 3-2 after being 2-0 up with five minutes to go.

Their winner will come from the penalty spot (20 minutes into the 5 added minutes) from a VAR decision nobody else in the ground seen.

Montgomery will say "we can all have bad days" and that "we go again".

Hibs then announce a new retail deal and additional hospitality experience.
    Last edited by Chorley Hibee; 06-04-2024 at 08:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Bookies have us favorites which is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Auckland Hibs View Post
    Bookies have us favorites which is nonsense.
    What does Opta say?

It's a winnable game and somehow we are still in the mix and say what you want about Montgomery and I think he is a total imposter but a win might save him.

A loss/draw and the loonies really have taken over the asylum with £6m beckoning.

If results swing in our favour surely we are only papering over cracks which to be honest have been seen a lot this season the players are to blame imo just as much as coaching staff and Above

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    That Motherwell forward bair will ragdoll our clowns at the back.
    Having watched the highlights @ Dundee, how Bair outmuscled their defence, it's being optimistic to expect the aptly named Rocky, Fish, & Triantis will be able cope with him, given how they were unable to handle the robust Subideh today.

Would not be surprised if Bair & Motherwell pump us next Saturday & NM comes out with his usual pathetic excuse of possession statistics, ignoring that most of it is ponderous, backwards, sideways and ineffective.

Can Motherwell not finish top 6 if they beat us? Top 6 is a load of P anyways. Like finishing 6th is some sort of success FFS.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Can Motherwell not finish top 6 if they beat us? Top 6 is a load of P anyways. Like finishing 6th is some sort of success FFS.
    Yes they can. Thing about top 6 is that 5th place will likely get a European spot and that is well within the grasp of the team who is 6th next weekend. Finish 7th or worse and our season is over.

Yesterday we had a great chance of cementing that top 6 place but the charlatans masculading as Hibs players had other ideas.

I presume there are still tickets for the available? Where can I buy one? (I must be mad).

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    I presume there are still tickets for the available? Where can I buy one? (I must be mad).
    Just look on the Hibs website. Sorry if that's too obvious!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Tickets are sold via Motherwell. Can be digitally downloaded to your phone.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/2...otherwell--a-/

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Remains to be seen - a draw for Dundee on Weds and they can't. A win for Dundee and it doesn't go to the weekend.
    Obviously highly likely Rangers will win but stranger things have happened and might be a little flat after the OF derby today.
    Best result for us Weds might be a draw - mean we would need the win but would be playing a less motivated Well.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    If results swing in our favour surely we are only papering over cracks which to be honest have been seen a lot this season the players are to blame imo just as much as coaching staff and Above
    True, but the shortcomings are still there for all to see.

I don't buy into the sentiment of losing being better or not deserving top 6. You finish were you deserve to finish. If, and a big IF, we make top six it will be deserved and likewise if we don't. It's decided over 33 games not this or last weekend.

Goes without saying that regardless of eventual league finish, the season has been pretty pish

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I’ve got a prior family engagement otherwise I’d have gone through. Would have been a triumph of hope over common sense. Nothing would surprise me less than Hibs winning but Dundee beating Aberdeen mind.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Shades of last season, didn’t we get into the top 6 on the final game of the split

Coaching Staff
    I think we’ll win, and here’s why…….

Monty’s philosophy revolves around playing out from the back, tempting the opposition to challenge them further up the field, thus making room for our forwards.
    But in Scotland teams tend to ‘sit in’ and let you come at them, being content to block shots and crosses in the box, thus denying our forwards the space Monty’s tactics need.

However in THIS game, Motherwell are going for the 3 points just as hard as we are and will have to open up…and this will suit us.

Unless he does something daft like play Jair from the start, I’m confident of a win…….but please, please USE the space…..play the ball for Yuan to run on to..instead of to his feet…..and get the ball to Boyle more.

And whatever happens..DON’t use Jair as an impact sub.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I think we’ll win, and here’s why…….

Monty’s philosophy revolves around playing out from the back, tempting the opposition to challenge them further up the field, thus making room for our forwards.
    But in Scotland teams tend to ‘sit in’ and let you come at them, being content to block shots and crosses in the box, thus denying our forwards the space Monty’s tactics need.

However in THIS game, Motherwell are going for the 3 points just as hard as we are and will have to open up…and this will suit us.

Unless he does something daft like play Jair from the start, I’m confident of a win…….but please, please USE the space…..play the ball for Yuan to run on to..instead of to his feet…..and get the ball to Boyle more.

And whatever happens..DON’t use Jair as an impact sub.
    Agree with this line of thinking.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I’ve got a prior family engagement otherwise I’d have gone through. Would have been a triumph of hope over common sense. Nothing would surprise me less than Hibs winning but Dundee beating Aberdeen mind.
    Funny that is what i see playing out

I don't see Dundee picking up more than a point so a win should be enough.

Our game is going to be full of chances as neither team can defend.

Dundee will beat Aberdeen I think, will all be a moot point in the end. I'm pretty certain we're finishing bottom six.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Directly from Motherwell. Hibs advertised/emailed out a link for it

I think we've still to win away from home in the league this year. Might be wrong. Motherwell will be buzzing after their win in Dundee. All the momentum is theirs for top six now.

0-2 Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I think we've still to win away from home in the league this year. Might be wrong. Motherwell will be buzzing after their win in Dundee. All the momentum is theirs for top six now.

0-2 Hibs
    Aberdeen away under SDG

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Aberdeen away under SDG
    Dundee and Livingston too but not this year

@hibs.net private member
    Looks like me and the wee man will be able to make this now. Just looked at tickets and there's not many left in the lower tier - do they normally open the upper deck once the bottom is full? Only availability right now is in block 1 - is that next to Motherwell's Block 7 equivalent?

***edit*** lower tier now sold out. Unless block 5 still to go on sale. Good effort Hibees! Assume (hope) more will open up tomorrow.
    Last edited by Posh Swanny; 11-04-2024 at 09:38 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibbyboy1's Avatar
    Just tried to buy 4 tickets but showing no availability

Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    Don’t waste your money
    Players don’t care.
    we supporty hibs through thick and thin

Our usual group of 4 will be there one of my favourite grounds to visit great support as usual here’s hoping

First Team Breakthrough madhibby's Avatar
    Lower tier of away stand now sold out. I don't yet have a ticket and still hope to get 2 tickets.

I am assuming they will open top tier some time today - I will try later.

Tickets, I am told, are print at home/download QR code so no problems with postal delays.

And will they allow pay at gate on Saturday?