hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What’s the evidence to support corruption?

At the game I thought it would have been soft if given and wouldn’t be happy if given against us. Not seen it back yet.

If when seeing the footage it’s a bad decision, then it’s a bad decision unless you have evidence to support corruption.
    You do know they have the ability to review these incidents though right? It's called VAR. It isn't just a single viewing at the time from the ref then move on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    You do know they have the ability to review these incidents though right? It's called VAR. It isn't just a single viewing at the time from the ref then move on.
    Yep, so evidence of bad decisions but not corruption.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    If they ever get round to conducting an independent inquiry into refereeing corruption in Scotland, or the more charitable sounding “two tier refereeing” situation, then we have a a great exhibit to show from todays game.

You look at the penalty Celtic got given back in feb and compare that with today and you are asking why is one a penalty and the other not? You could even throw in the incident at Pittodrie when Marshall clashed with the striker but the claim was waved away.

100% Rangers and Celtic get that penalty claim today, and also that one at Aberdeen.

It’s hard enough keeping up with the rules, let alone throw in two different set of rules which are subject to participants.

Evidence of bad decisions when they can use that evidence to overturn a bad decision then proceeding not to do so is corruption.

Gamer IDs

Then what is it then? Just consistently bad decisions from what, four people involved per incident consistently?

I genuinely never used to believe it either. But I think there's something in it now VAR shown it for what it is.

Would you agree that there is a 'two tiered' refereeing procedure to similar incidents?

Quote Originally Posted by HarpOnHibee View Post
    Evidence of bad decisions when they can use that evidence to overturn a bad decision then proceeding not to do so is corruption.
    No it’s not

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Would you agree that there is a 'two tiered' refereeing procedure to similar incidents?
    Yes, agree with that

No it’s not
    How is it not? The system was put in place to allow poor decisions to be reviewed and overturned. If poor decisions are selectively not being overturned based on the team that it would benefit, then how can you call it anything other than corruption?

Said it on another thread, David Munro involved again (was VAR today). He doesn’t like us. The most blatant handball you’ll see, 10 yards from him at Pittodrie, not given. The invention of 7 minute and the throw in decision in the 8th minute of those 7 up at Ross County. Then that today, when he’s had the chance to look at it. Absolutely ridiculous.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HarpOnHibee View Post
    How is it not? The system was put in place to allow poor decisions to be reviewed and overturned. If poor decisions are selectively not being overturned based on the team that it would benefit, then how can you call it anything other than corruption?
    Think maybe his argument would be why would they go out their way to be corrupt against Hibs when we're playing St Johnstone. Though I'm maybe just guessing.

Just going by the poster agreeing with it being a two-tiered system.

Yes, agree with that
    Does that not vere towards corruption then?

You agree that referees apply the rules differently dependent upon who is involved?

I think they do, and that, for me, isn't a mistake, it's deliberate.

Since the County throw in issue, we have had 2 refs (Livi and Today) who have been boringly pedantic about where throw on are taken from.

Piss take or just coincidence.

Think maybe his argument would be why would they go out their way to be corrupt against Hibs when we're playing St Johnstone. Though I'm maybe just guessing.

Just going by the poster agreeing with it being a two-tiered system.
    Because doing so greatly impacts our chances of finishing in the top 6 (although the quality of our performances clearly don't help us either). Not being in the top 6 and out of the cups guarantees no European football. Could be that they have a chip on their shoulder regarding our club being vocal about previous highly questionable indiscretions.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Since the County throw in issue, we have had 2 refs (Livi and Today) who have been boringly pedantic about where throw on are taken from.

Piss take or just coincidence.
    No chance it's a coincidence. Just like it isn't a coincidence the poor decisions that have gone against us since Paul McGinn (rightly) called Beatons performance inept.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Does that not vere towards corruption then?

You agree that referees apply the rules differently dependent upon who is involved?

I think they do, and that, for me, isn't a mistake, it's deliberate.
    Not necessarily. There is definite evidence of bad decision making, but not corruption. Even being deliberate is not necessarily corruption. There is no evidence it’s deliberate either by the way b

Anyway, going to watch the highlights now and see if my mind is changed from game view of no,pen.

Cheating, plain and simple. Week in, week out.

It’s just another area where Montgomery hasn’t helped himself.

After the Aberdeen or Hearts games he should have been outspoken and slated the ref personally, drawing out specific incidents. Sure he would get a ban but it would put pressure on the next ref that takes charge of us. Keep calling it out every game, set the media narrative.

All he’s done is meekly accept it and we’re basically bullied on a weekly basis whilst Montgomery mumbles “frustrating”.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

After the Aberdeen or Hearts games he should have been outspoken and slated the ref personally, drawing out specific incidents. Sure he would get a ban but it would put pressure on the next ref that takes charge of us. Keep calling it out every game, set the media narrative.

All he’s done is meekly accept it and we’re basically bullied on a weekly basis whilst Montgomery mumbles “frustrating”.
    Correct.

The club as a whole are equally to blame.

They rightly made comment about the Aberdeen incident, but have reverted to type every joke decision since.

It happens almost every week. Im sick of talking about it.

I've just watched it again on Sportscene and while I'm still not convinced its a stonewaller, what I am warming to on reflection is that we don't get decisions that are debatable at the moment. And as others have said that would likely be given at Ibrox last week or if Marsh did it to a Celtic player.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I've just watched it again on Sportscene and while I'm still not convinced its a stonewaller, what I am warming to on reflection is that we don't get decisions that are debatable at the moment. And as others have said that would likely be given at Ibrox last week or if Marsh did it to a Celtic player.
    Marcondes wins the header then the keeper steamrollers him. It doesn't get more stonewaller than that?

Does their keeper get the ball? No.
    Does their keeper make contact with Marcondes? Yes

Has to be a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Agree. Far too diplomatic with some of his comments.

Thats where I stand on it. The tv pictures not great and it is a call that could have gone either way. At present we don’t get these decisions and they also seem to go against us. If that had been awarded against us I wouldn’t have been happy.

I stil, stand by there being no corruption and it’s just poor and inconsistent decision making. A good example, is Motherwell at pittodrie a few weeks back.

Marcondes wins the header then the keeper steamrollers him. It doesn't get more stonewaller than that?

Does their keeper get the ball? No.
    Does their keeper make contact with Marcondes? Yes

Has to be a pen.
    I still think the keeper gets a touch on it after Marcondes headers it, if you look at the slowmos the ball changes direction again.

Gamer IDs

I still think the keeper gets a touch on it after Marcondes headers it, if you look at the slowmos the ball changes direction again.
    If it's after Marcondes touches the ball its still a penalty.

I don't get your logic at all? You see Marcondes win the ball and is then wiped out. Why does it matter if the keeper touches it after Marcondes. Does that negate the foul?

That like saying a defender wins the ball but breaks a guy's leg to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I don't get your logic at all? You see Marcondes win the ball and is then wiped out. Why does it matter if the keeper touches it after Marcondes. Does that negate the foul?

That like saying a defender wins the ball but breaks a guy's leg to get there.
    If it's after Marcondes touches the ball its still a penalty.
    Marcondes gets the ball first but he headers it onto the keepers hand, who then takes Marcondes after he's touched it. The key being he touches the ball first before Marcondes. If he came rushing out to block a shot and took the man in the process after doing so that wouldn't be a penalty either.

Marcondes gets the ball first but he headers it onto the keepers hand, who then takes Marcondes after he's touched it. The key being he touches the ball first before Marcondes. If he came rushing out to block a shot and took the man in the process after doing so that wouldn't be a penalty either.
    Ah ok.

I saw Triantis head the ball clear last week at Ibrox and bang into Souttar but that was a penalty. Oh well