hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

First half pen claim

Anyone not at the game who's seen it on technology say if it was a decent shout? Looked it at the time in the ground...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone not at the game who's seen it on technology say if it was a decent shout? Looked it at the time in the ground...
    Keeper gets something on it but plenty on Marcondes. I’d have been disappointed if it went against us but you’ve seen them given.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 06-04-2024 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Penalty Rangers 🤪

According to Mikey Stewart & Tom English and even Biscuits it was a stone wall penalty!

We really have had zero luck when it comes to VAR

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    How is that not a penalty ? Just seen Arsenal get a penalty when the defender clearly touches the ball first so I don’t see how the argument that the St Johnstone keeper got a touch on the ball (if he even did) holds up to any scrutiny.

Think about how little contact has been required for Celtic, Hearts and Rangers to be awarded penalties against us, and then ask yourself why this isn't a penalty.

I guarantee you all three of the above are given that penalty today.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    According to Mikey Stewart & Tom English and even Biscuits it was a stone wall penalty!

We really have had zero luck when it comes to VAR
    We've definitely had nothing since we called them out a few months ago.

I kind of hear these conversations going as "nah, **** it"

That's a penalty and a red card for the keeper and the sub keeper on the bench.

If we were Rangers.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Ten times more of a penalty than the one Rangers got last time around.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Anyone found a clip of Ryan McGowan wiping out one of our players from behind? Got a yellow but I'm adamant it should have been a red card

Anyone that thinks we get that after calling out the sevco fans and slating previous calls is having a laugh.

It's bent

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I thought it was similar to Marshall v Aberdeen and not a penalty but I was at the game. Maybe TV will show different.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Didn't really see this at the time but that would be given to the Uglies, always.
    VAR has been doing us no favours this season & that continues but it shouldn't mask our own
    major failings.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I thought it was similar to Marshall v Aberdeen and not a penalty but I was at the game. Maybe TV will show different.
    Marshall got to that ball 1st, Marcondes was 1st or at least at the same time as the keeper which should have been a pen IMO.

Edit
    Just watched it again and Marcondes is definitely 1st to the ball.
    Last edited by Booked4Being-Ugly; 06-04-2024 at 05:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought keeper got it first at game but not the case. So many softer pens against us for less

@hibs.net private member
    That's 100% a pen, more evidence of corruption, it's happening in every single game.

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    Marshall got to that ball 1st, Marcondes was 1st or at least at the same time as the keeper which should have been a pen IMO.

Edit
    Just watched it again and Marcondes is definitely 1st to the ball.
    As I said at the game it looked the same as the Aberdeen claim but if it shows otherwise like you say it’ll be another terrible game changing decision against us. 👍 😡

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    It's a clear penalty and the poster referencing the arsenal penalty is spot on

It's not even debatable on viewing it a few times to be honest

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Said it in the matchday thread but it isn't a penalty. Marcondes headers it first and the keeper also then touches it as he comes in.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by babahibs View Post
    That's 100% a pen, more evidence of corruption, it's happening in every single game.
    I thought there was more than one penalty shout,two players had head knocks in the saints half,nothing given ,against Celtic it was a penalty.walsh avoided a tackle from the saints player,Walsh was sent off against rangers for intent.corruption it’s never been more obvious.

Absolutely a penalty. Another terrible decision.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    How is that not a penalty ? Just seen Arsenal get a penalty when the defender clearly touches the ball first so I don’t see how the argument that the St Johnstone keeper got a touch on the ball (if he even did) holds up to any scrutiny.
    exactly - and in that clip it looks like he is nowhere near the ball, despite Levein claiming he was. Thought it was a stonewaller at the time and that clip confirms it.

As useless as Monty has been, he really has also been shafted to an unbelievable extent by the refs.

See lots of these go without being penalised....seems that it is fine for a keeper to go through a player to get the ball, as long as he makes some contact. Two others that stick out this season was Marshall v Aberdeen, Marshall does get the ball first so it is different, but his follow through definately endangers his opponent. The other is Robertson v Spain, keeper had to go through Robertson to get the ball, crippling Robertson in the process.

For me all three were penalties given the current laws, but its a goalie going for the ball so somehow in that circumstance the rules don't apply.

Penalty all day, every day

Thought at the time the keeper got to the ball1st but that shows it’s a clear pen & possibility a red card.
    Never heard NM interview after the match but he should be calling that decision out

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    It looked bad at the game but that is much worse than I thought it would be. That's a penalty 99 times out of 100. Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by babahibs View Post
    What’s the evidence to support corruption?

At the game I thought it would have been soft if given and wouldn’t be happy if given against us. Not seen it back yet.

If when seeing the footage it’s a bad decision, then it’s a bad decision unless you have evidence to support corruption.

Clear penalty