hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Next Manager?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if we get mcinnes and six months in care still hovering mid table what then? Same applies if it’s Lennon Robinson Docherty etc.
    Why 6 months?

If we appoint McInnes and he has nearly all of next season, we don’t make top 6 and make absolutely no progress at all in that time, I’d probably be looking to make a change again.

There has to be some short term progress if a manager wants more time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Why 6 months?

If we appoint McInnes and he has nearly all of next season, we don’t make top 6 and make absolutely no progress at all in that time, I’d probably be looking to make a change again.

No matter who we appoint there will be some people who refuse to give them a chance, but the majority are willing to give a manager time IF we are seeing signs of progress.

Why 6 months?

That just sounds like madness to me.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    What if we get mcinnes and six months in care still hovering mid table what then? Same applies if it’s Lennon Robinson Docherty etc.
    How about he gets rid of most of this sheite or improves them, and has us clear in 3rd battling for 2nd?

It's easy this what if game eh?

McInnes at least has a substantial track record of success whereby even if his start wasn't great, you could be reasonably confident he would improve. Montgomery has little evidence to turn to for him to say the same

That just sounds like madness to me.
    So you think managers should have absolutely no short term responsibility and any manager coming in should have a free reign to be as bad as he wants as his job should be safe for 2 or 3 years anyway?

Personally I find that madness but each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    McInnes at least has a substantial track record of success whereby even if his start wasn't great, you could be reasonably confident he would improve. Montgomery has little evidence to turn to for him to say the same
    Exactly, investing time/money in McInnes is backing a winner surely, guys proven in this league, demonstrable deliver of exactly what Hibs owners say they want cup win(s) and regular European football.

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    Exactly, investing time/money in McInnes is backing a winner surely, guys proven in this league, demonstrable deliver of exactly what Hibs owners say they want cup win(s) and regular European football.
    Yep, 100%. He’s well respected within the game and got a lot of credit on the back in terms of giving him time. He’s the type of manager you go ‘right, you’re here for 2/3 years, and we’re not changing’. Give him the funds to get who he wants in. He’s demonstrated it at 2 clubs that if you give him time, he will be the right guy for the job.

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    We’ve tried with our last few managers to go for a manager who has little or no knowledge of the SPL but with a big belief that their style of football will be good enough to bring success in our “Mickey Mouse”, league or at least show big signs of improvement on the previous incumbent.

ALL of them have failed, arguably, for different reasons but they’ve all failed, most underestimating what it takes to play in this league.

We’ve been rebuilding the squad now for about 5 years and whilst we have unearthed the odd gem the football and the results have been much the same.

We really can’t avoid a rebuild again this close season and for me it needs to be done under the guidance of a new manager with current SPL experience and a completely new coaching team. The time for sentiment has come and gone.

I would like the following.

1. A new manager with his own coaching team in place..preferably for the final 5 games so they can evaluate the current squad.
    2. A Squad that has a higher percentage of permanent signings and again SPL experience where/if the manager sees fit.
    3. EARLY signings close season to help gel the new squad.

I appreciate a lot of this might be difficult if not impossible to achieve but if we don’t try …….next season could be even more difficult to watch than this current one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875M View Post
    Yep, 100%. He’s well respected within the game and got a lot of credit on the back in terms of giving him time. He’s the type of manager you go ‘right, you’re here for 2/3 years, and we’re not changing’. Give him the funds to get who he wants in. He’s demonstrated it at 2 clubs that if you give him time, he will be the right guy for the job.
    Does that mean if we finished 10th in his first season it would be OK because it would be better later?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875M View Post
    There's no way our fan base will accept saying your here for 2/3 years and we ain't changing

As soon as we dip out of top 6 there will be load shouts for him to go

He wont have any credit in the bank with hibs fans that's for sure

Btw - I'm not saying I'd be against sticking with an experienced manager for long(er) term but I can't see how the fan base as a whole go for that

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

So you think managers should have absolutely no short term responsibility and any manager coming in should have a free reign to be as bad as he wants as his job should be safe for 2 or 3 years anyway?

Personally I find that madness but each to their own.
    Man united stuck with Ferguson when they could have replaced him.

Man united stuck with Ferguson when they could have replaced him.
    That’s not what I asked.

Do you think a manager coming to Hibs should have no short term accountability? They should have free reign to be as bad as they want because they’ve got a 2 or 3 year deal?

That’s not what I asked.

Do you think a manager coming to Hibs should have no short term accountability? They should have free reign to be as bad as they want because they’ve got a 2 or 3 year deal?
    Of course they should. However that doesn’t mean we just keep firing them.

@hibs.net private member
    That’s not what I asked.

No but we’ve got to remember until the end of January he was left with absolute charlatans. If he gets the summer we’ll be much better next season once we get rid of these imposters. Starting with our useless “captain”.

Theres mitigating factors but I am neither here nor there if he stays. He can’t help players not passing the ball five yards, not closing down shots or failing to put challenges in.

Once again the players have let down a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    No but we’ve got to remember until the end of January he was left with absolute charlatans. If he gets the summer we’ll be much better next season once we get rid of these imposters. Starting with our useless “captain”.

Theres mitigating factors but I am neither here nor there if he stays. He can’t help players not passing the ball five yards, not closing down shots or failing to put challenges in.

Once again the players have let down a manager.
    He’s not got the most out of any of the players though?

Being a manager can’t just be about biding time until you get your own players who presumably won’t make mistakes.

He’s not organised the team to make the most of them and he’s not improved any individual players.

There has to be something he can point to.

@hibs.net private member
    He’s not got the most out of any of the players though?

Being a manager can’t just be about biding time until you get your own players who presumably won’t make mistakes.

He’s not organised the team to make the most of them and he’s not improved any individual players.

There has to be something he can point to.
    I’d argue he has in stages but I’d also agree it’s not been enough and that’s what is counting against him for me.

However these same players have let down several managers. They are the common denominator.

I’d say if we get rid we need to work from the top down. CEO, DoF, Manager and empty most of the players.

However if he stays then he’ll have my full backing. He’s under performed but been dealt a poor hand over and over so I can understand why they might stick this time around.