hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    It’s amazing how little teams need to do to score against us.

13 corners we had today to their 3. Hardly any threat from ours, the other way round we leave someone standing completely unmarked to trundle one in.

Week after week we give ridiculous goals away. When will we ever decide to properly address the defence? It’s an absolute joke.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Rocky’s defending yesterday was comical. I’ve seen 8 year olds that understand defending better than him. If Paul Hanlon had a game like that there would have been a 12 pager on here. People keep telling me he has all the attributes to be a top class defender. Unfortunately it starts in the brain. And he simply has no idea how to read the game in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rocky’s defending yesterday was comical. I’ve seen 8 year olds that understand defending better than him. If Paul Hanlon had a game like that there would have been a 12 pager on here. People keep telling me he has all the attributes to be a top class defender. Unfortunately it starts in the brain. And he simply has no idea how to read the game in front of him.
    I think most people accept that all our CBs are average to poor, 2024 Paul Hanlon included.

Look at both Rocky and Triantis at first goal Paul Hanlon would’ve took ball and player imo

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    Would be very interesting to see out of all the clubs in the spfl who has the worse goals conceded to shots on target. It would seam almost every shot on target results in us conceding a goal 😡

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post
    Would be very interesting to see out of all the clubs in the spfl who has the worse goals conceded to shots on target. It would seam almost every shot on target results in us conceding a goal 😡
    Goalie is murder. Bolted to his line. Poor save %. Pushing 50 years old. Desperately need to replace him.

Bye bye nick embarrassing

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Attendance:16,735
    Physically perhaps, mentally I’d say there were about 6,000 ‘present’ during the 90 minutes. My son spent most of the game watching all the litter being violently whipped up by the storm winds to see who it would hit next.

What chance do we have with a keeper who rarely saves anything and a marshmallow central defence.

Normally teams grind out a 1-0 now and again but we always seem to need 2 or 3 goals to win.

Allied with some strange team selections and really bad subbies it's little wonder we are where we are.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Physically perhaps, mentally I’d say there were about 6,000 ‘present’ during the 90 minutes. My son spent most of the game watching all the litter being violently whipped up by the storm winds to see who it would hit next.
    The litter was blowing all over the pitch during half time and no attempt made to pick up any of it

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Ha ha so did mine - unfortunate fan in front of us took a white wrapper with tomato sauce right in the face

From a long time St Johnstone fan...

"Hibs should have won it by a few goals. Our goalkeeper is excellent. Has been all season. Lucky to have him and we'll do well to keep hold of him".

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    From a long time St Johnstone fan...

"Hibs should have won it by a few goals. Our goalkeeper is excellent. Has been all season. Lucky to have him and we'll do well to keep hold of him".
    Hibs should be monitoring him.

Always looked good when I've seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    What chance do we have with a keeper who rarely saves anything and a marshmallow central defence.

Normally teams grind out a 1-0 now and again but we always seem to need 2 or 3 goals to win.

Allied with some strange team selections and really bad subbies it's little wonder we are where we are.
    Actually, that's so accurate it made me laugh.

Marshall did pish with both goals, when the fella was one on one you just knew he wouldnae save it, didn't stand tall, show him on his weaker foot and all that bollocks.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    The litter was blowing all over the pitch during half time and no attempt made to pick up any of it
    Who should pick it up? If we send a team of groundsmen out chasing litter around in 60mph winds for 15mins maybe more idiots think it’s ok not to put stuff in a bin, we’d probably have fowk jeering if they missed some as well

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    Actually, that's so accurate it made me laugh.

Marshall did pish with both goals, when the fella was one on one you just knew he wouldnae save it, didn't stand tall, show him on his weaker foot and all that bollocks.
    I dunno like - Marshall has made some good one-on-one saves for us this season. Looked like a decent finish at time from my seat. Didn’t pay too much attention watching the highlights as was too busy trying to work out what the **** happened in front of him.