hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not an expert, but it's something I think it might be worth speaking to your GP about.

I had a fungal nail infection for years and years, I think it developed from athlete's foot. The toenail didn't look too clever, was very thick and yellow and any DIY remedies didn't seem to work.

My doctor put me on a course of low dose antifungals for a few months until it fully resolved with no issues. I think you've sometimes got to be careful with the binge drinking on the medication as the medication isn't great for your liver but it totally resolved the issues and I have no problems now.

On the face of it it wasn't that big a deal but I think it had the potential to be very problematic for the toenail (possibly leading to some of the unpleasant issues mentioned elsewhere on this thread) so I'd be inclined to get it checked if I were you.

It's funny how you can feel a bit self conscious about having dodgy feet or toes (never looks great if you're by a swimming pool or staying over at somebody's and padding about in your bare feet) so it has been very nice to get them back to full health.
    My wife has this. Almost sorted now but has been on medication for the best part of a year. And you are right it can have an effect on the liver (and kidneys I think) so regular blood tests required. But it is the only way to fix it.

Otherwise completely fit and healthy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I'm not an expert, but it's something I think it might be worth speaking to your GP about.

I had a fungal nail infection for years and years, I think it developed from athlete's foot. The toenail didn't look too clever, was very thick and yellow and any DIY remedies didn't seem to work.

My doctor put me on a course of low dose antifungals for a few months until it fully resolved with no issues. I think you've sometimes got to be careful with the binge drinking on the medication as the medication isn't great for your liver but it totally resolved the issues and I have no problems now.

On the face of it it wasn't that big a deal but I think it had the potential to be very problematic for the toenail (possibly leading to some of the unpleasant issues mentioned elsewhere on this thread) so I'd be inclined to get it checked if I were you.

It's funny how you can feel a bit self conscious about having dodgy feet or toes (never looks great if you're by a swimming pool or staying over at somebody's and padding about in your bare feet) so it has been very nice to get them back to full health.
    That's interesting, thanks. Might check it out with the GP.

My binge drinking days are a bit behind me so the medication shouldn't be too problematic!

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    On a less painful toe theme, anyone recommend treatment for infected toenails? Left big toe has been a problem for a few years and none of the stuff off the shelf seemed to make much difference. I then used a solution from Napiers herbalists which actually DID clear it up, but it's returned since then. Maybe I just need to keep applying this stuff to keep things at bay.
    Do you play any sports? It might be a injured toe rather than a fungal infection.

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Do you play any sports? It might be a injured toe rather than a fungal infection.
    Used to play a lot of sport so yes, could be a legacy of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Phew, just the needle into the toe then, I feel just a tiny bit better now 😁

To be honest I went through an op at WGH a few months ago when they had to stick needles into my joy stick but whilst slightly anxious at the thought of the needles going into that area it wasnt too bad, stung a bit but overall it was fine, albeit it was numb for a day after

My toe though, cant bear the thought 🤢
    I can still remember my vascetomy. The local anaesthetic hadn't quite taken before he made the incision.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I can still remember my vascetomy. The local anaesthetic hadn't quite taken before he made the incision.....
    This reads like a storyline from Buster Gonad in the Viz.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    😳🫣🤢

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Well, this is a timely thread. I have had trouble with my left big toe for years but usually manage it myself. I had a bad one recently that took me ages to sort. I am getting my left knee replaced in August and on the back of that i have an appointment with a podiatrist in a couple of weeks to see what we can do.
    I have been reading up on partial removal but obviously i'll listen to the podiatrists suggestion. I am also getting sick off the constant trying to fix it.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money