hibs.net Messageboard

Game time windy weather today

As many have pointed out winds will be gusting to around 40->50mph at 3-5 pm today. Direction will be towards famous 5 end.

ball is going to hang up or get blown away alot possibly, would like to go with usual 2nd half towards ff ?

a game that needs to be played on the ground, i reckon, which to be fair are good at.

anyone have any experience of playing in that kind of wind? How does it affect things on the pitch player wise?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Kidd 86’ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As many have pointed out winds will be gusting to around 40->50mph at 3-5 pm today. Direction will be towards famous 5 end.

ball is going to hang up or get blown away alot possibly, would like to go with usual 2nd half towards ff ?

a game that needs to be played on the ground, i reckon, which to be fair are good at.

anyone have any experience of playing in that kind of wind? How does it affect things on the pitch player wise?
    It's generally not too bad in the stadium because the high stands provide a fair bit of a shelter from the wind. It'll cause some issues but I don't think it'll dictate the game.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Kidd 86’ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Strong winds probably the worst conditions to play in. The high stands should help. Hopefully not as strong as predicted. Always found it easier to play against the wind as forced you to keep the ball on the ground.