hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Gordons matching investments is a possible solution to your first question – if the Gordons put money in at the same time and increase their own shareholding, then BK can invest more without going over 29%.
    I'm guessing that's why the club spoke to HSL about a possible future share issue, every penny extra that non BK shareholders can use to buy shares increases the amount BK can input to the club via buying shares.

I've restarted my HSL subscription.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Call me a party pooper, but I have often lain awake at night wondering if the Black Knight involvement is really going to make THAT much of a difference long term.

Sure, we’ve got a couple of players just now temporarily that normally we couldn’t afford, but it remains to be seen what does transpire….and if ongoing substantial funding is provided AFTER the much talked about original £6m buy in.

Added to that obviously is the possibility for other clubs to do exactly what we are doing…..so the next couple of seasons will be interesting.

The black knights have correctly identified Hibs as having huge potential to grow. Whether they can realise that potential… time will tell.

Other clubs - such as Dundee and Aberdeen - have not yet resolved their stadium issues, which will consume a lot of energy, time and money from any investor, no matter how rich they are.
    Last edited by jacomo; 05-04-2024 at 05:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Ok, so another 4.5% investment is possible. That will amount to c £900,000. Hardly game changing (why didn't they just go the full 29.5% ? ).

In terms of the Gordon's matching donations, what does that mean?

As you were an unwavering supporter of the Foley investment, what are you anticipating at Hibs and what do you think of the broader trend for American investment in other clubs in Scotland?
    I wasn’t unwavering, i wanted to know the detail and had there been anything there to concern me then I’d have changed my opinion on it accordingly.

My expectations are that the club will put a lot of money (relatively speaking) into things like the FF which will pay for itself and more over time, which will increase the spend on the team.

I expect our facilities to improve that should benefit the quality of the training and hopefully knock on to improving the team.

I think we’ll see better players signed, not World Cup stars or superstars but players like Marcondes who maybe aren’t getting a game at Bournemouth or Lorient but who are better than we have here, where it suits all parties to get them playing, and some players on the way up who aren’t quite ready for the Premiership at Bournemouth.

I think extra money will get injected as well , European football is absolutely key to lifting the club long term to a higher level. Hearts have a bit of a jump on us on that respect so it’s the connection to the wider group that needs to be used to close that gap.

As for the broader investment, totally depends on what form it takes but i think it’s great for the game here, the more cash that comes into the game, the better. The status quo is brutal. Two teams - pretty much one team actually - wins everything and everyone else is an afterthought. Some disruption I’d welcome.

Edit: re the matching, i understand that to mean that it BK FC put in £1, the Gordons will do the same. It’s close to what happened with the initial investment where they took shares for £5m debt, while Foley bought slightly more shares for £6m.

It was also suggested at the AGM that money in from the BKFC doesn’t necessarily mean shares being sold, they are able to effectively donate money in the same way Anderson does at Hearts. I believe this would also be matched.
    Last edited by matty_f; 05-04-2024 at 06:37 PM.

A little more about the possible investment in Motherwell.

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/sta...h-FeaOQRw&s=19

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68790801

Clearly feels he can do something quite significant there.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post

Anyone any idea how minted is he? That's the question everyone really wants to know

I'll take Foley's vision any day over that - football barely gets a mention there, just 'sports media' gibberish around content and value.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Sounds like your standard American tech millionaire, looking for something to stop the boredom.

I stopped reading after the first couple of paragraphs, it was gibberish.

If Well can bag some cash from this guy with no negatives, then good on them.

He will have moved on to some other thing in a couple of years.

Not related to the possible investment in the club, but I was thinking the other day I couldn't recall the last time Motherwell were relegated, and it turns out it was a long time ago...although I think they (like Aberdeen) were possibly spared the drop on a technicality when Falkirk didn't have a top flight-compliant stadium:

https://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2021...20back%20since.

Interesting to see that our 'big' neighbours lie second in the list when it comes to the number of times top-flight clubs have been relegated.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    I'll take Foley's vision any day over that - football barely gets a mention there, just 'sports media' gibberish around content and value.
    I think there's potential there if they embrace the media aspect of it. Very easy to be cynical about these things but there's a massive market and appetite for things like fly on the wall documentaries that Scottish football miss a trick with.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think there's potential there if they embrace the media aspect of it. Very easy to be cynical about these things but there's a massive market and appetite for things like fly on the wall documentaries that Scottish football miss a trick with.
    Strikes me at this stage it would be so hit and miss - likely the latter more often than not - with our clubs. Those pushing it just have that air of tapping into that hype and buzz without any sign there is a good set of successful ideas behind it.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Ninth tier club in England getting £3.6M investment from crypto billionaires:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv27e9qn4qno

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Like the Hearts one?
    https://youtu.be/ccL2jQYDA-0?feature=shared

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Ninth tier club in England getting £3.6M investment from crypto billionaires:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv27e9qn4qno
    Will they actually see the cash?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    So did Taylor Swift say no then ?

Suppose £750k landed in the player transfer account. Would you expect Stuart Kettlewell and his team to spend it more or less wisely than Nick Montgomery and his team.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Will they actually see the cash?

Quote Originally Posted by snedzuk View Post
    Suppose £750k landed in the player transfer account. Would you expect Stuart Kettlewell and his team to spend it more or less wisely than Nick Montgomery and his team.
    In fairness Nick has recruited well so far with the players he’s brought to the club.

If the centre backs he brings in are of the same standard as the January signings then it’s a positive .