hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I hate Falkirk

Some of my pals got attacked there years ago with bottles, chairs and glasses in a club - my pals were just there for a night out

I know one good person from there though so they’re not all bad apparently

I’ll wish them well against The Rangers, Hearts or Celtic but that’s it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Haha it's league 1, they should never have been down there for that long, hardly worthy of highlighting as some impressive achievement.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    **** those guys. Hope they go right back down. Then down again. And down again. And again. Etc.

A proper wee diddy club who want a rivalry with us and/or hearts. Finally out of league 1 and back where they belong, in the second tier. Bless ��

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Falkirk’s time in League 1 has been brilliant entertainment, especially a couple of years ago when they were top for ages then blew it. Hopefully they can provide similar entertainment in the Championship.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Falkirk can **** off.

Tramps.

Hope they get relegated next season.

Coaching Staff
    Fought enough battles crossing their wee bridge in the early 70’s at half time to like them.

Not that I’m one to hold grudges……��

@hibs.net private member
    Just another side taking advantage of a plastic pitch. No question Falkirk were once one of the top sides and carry a decent fan potential but they, quite literally, need to get back to grass roots.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    My sister in laws boyfriend is a big falkirk fan and is well chuffed they are out that league, don't care either way but their fans will be happy

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fought enough battles crossing their wee bridge in the early 70’s at half time to like them.

Not that I’m one to hold grudges……��
    Aye remember their one and only bog underneath their old rickety stand was like the black hole of Calcutta absolutely disgusting but par for the course in the seventies

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Never quite understood the dislike of Falkirk from Hibs fans it certainly wasn’t reciprocated, I worked in Grangemouth for many years besides Falkirk ST holders and fans and for them Dunfermline was their big match and rivalry.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Never quite understood the dislike of Falkirk from Hibs fans it certainly wasn’t reciprocated, I worked in Grangemouth for many years besides Falkirk ST holders and fans and for them Dunfermline was their big match and rivalry.
    I think the side we faced in the championship and in that playoff were a bunch of cloggers, heavily assisted by inept referees. Much like Livingston are now, just as one example. It’s hard to love that anti-football and therefore the exponent. The reality is it is the best chance inferior sides have of surviving.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 01-04-2024 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    It was pretty much a one-sided rivalry. Dunfermline only indulged them as Raith Rovers were washing their hair. (In the lower divisions).

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Was more that sour faced prickkk Houston that I didn't like but another plastic crap park, no thanks.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

I'm trying to recall clearly but did we not play them last game of the season when McLeish was manager? I seem to remember ex-hearts legend Scott Crabbe playing for them that day, we still beat them but we were already promoted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I'm trying to recall clearly but did we not play them last game of the season when McLeish was manager? I seem to remember ex-hearts legend Scott Crabbe playing for them that day, we still beat them but we were already promoted anyway.
    I definitely recall seeing us play Falkirk in last game of the season. Unless both of our memories are out!!

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Canny say Falkirk will ever bother me the way they seem to bother others.

I blame hibs for not being good enough to beat them when we were in the same league as them.

Meh

The ultimate Championship club. Used to like their club badge shiny during the 90's Panini era for some reason.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't stand Falkirk, never could. Going to their old Brockville ground was on a par with going to Broomfield - both were like a poor man's Ibrox.
    Small time bigots, don't imagine they've changed.

They still play that irritating song when they score.

***** unfinished stadium and a plastic pitch

Will be delighted when they get relegated next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Canny say Falkirk will ever bother me the way they seem to bother others.

I blame hibs for not being good enough to beat them when we were in the same league as them.

Meh
    Same. I seem to recall they put six (6 I tell you, bordering on 7) past a team of poppy fund dodgers in the past and it happened on more than one occasion. Was Yogi not responsible for at least one of these full on gratuitous humpings as the manager at the time? I was also happy that Crunchie was a hero to both sets of fans.

The leagues are slowly getting sorted out for the better.
    Dundee Utd and their 9,000 supporters for Livingston, their 1500 supporters and their plastic pitch will be a big upgrade to our top league.
    Kilmarnock getting rid of their plastic pitch at the end of next season.
    Hopefully plastic pitches outlawed in the top flight after that.

Falkirk and Dunfermline added to the Championship in the last year.
    They will be the best two supported clubs in the Championship next season.
    Both will have higher average supports than both Ross County and St Johnstone.

All good for Scottish football.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 01-04-2024 at 10:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I know with the McGlynn factor and our spell as rivals in the championship they got an (undeserved in my opinion) surrogate Jambo rap, but zero defeats on the way to the flag is impressive, as are 2.5k for that division at Peterhead.
    Absolutely agree - congratulations to Falkirk FC - a team that have been unfairly kicked down on in the past IMO - due to over-harsh stadium restrictions mainly, when the min was 10,000 all seater to get in the SPL. They were knocked back twice for promotion because of that IIRC - but would have gained promotion with today's more realistic 6500 min req.

I also feel a kinship due to one Kevin McCallister - who starred for Hibs in one of the best teams Alex Miller put out after starting his career with Falkirk then playing down south with Chelsea for a while. Crunchie was a class act and a driving force in a team that also included Keith Wright, Michael O'Neil and Darren Jackson IIRC. When he went on to finish his career at Falkirk I always had my eye out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4WAW View Post
    Same. I seem to recall they put six (6 I tell you, bordering on 7) past a team of poppy fund dodgers in the past and it happened on more than one occasion. Was Yogi not responsible for at least one of these full on gratuitous humpings as the manager at the time? I was also happy that Crunchie was a hero to both sets of fans.
    Yogi was also Falkirk manager when they played us at ER which was famous for the worst refereeing performance I've seen at ER by Alan Freeland.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Yogi was also Falkirk manager when they played us at ER which was famous for the worst refereeing performance I've seen at ER by Alan Freeland.
    Disgraceful performance that

No ill feeling towards Falkirk at all. Loved Brockville and remember them always having a cracking team under Jim Jefferies. Decent fan base too. We also share an affection for Kevin McAllister as has been said. Would much rather the likes of Falkirk and Dunfermline were in the Premiership instead of Livingston or St Johnstone/Ross County. They gave us a few slaps in recent years, so what? That's what they were there to do.
    Last edited by Since452; 02-04-2024 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Can't stand Falkirk, never could. Going to their old Brockville ground was on a par with going to Broomfield - both were like a poor man's Ibrox.
    I agree with you on that. The worst anti Irish, Anti Catholic bigotry I've encountered, apart from Ibrox and Rangers, was at the old Brockville.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    I agree with you on that. The worst anti Irish, Anti Catholic bigotry I've encountered, apart from Ibrox and Rangers, was at the old Brockville.
    Pretty much my experience of old Brockville in the 70s and 80s.

I'd like to hope that their fans worldview has evolved and changed n the last few decades. The last time I was there was probably nearly 20 years ago after their new stadium had opened and tbh can't remember any sectarian stuff from them that day although I might be wrong.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 4WAW View Post
    Yip! I remember it well, it got manager Mclean sacked, if I recall correctly!!!

They're probably still celebrating their pavement dancing trophy from the nonsense that went on at the train station a few years ago, rodents.