hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When theres a deadly serious subject to be discussed instead. Call them currants, zombies, teitr if you like, pure distraction and irrelevant.
    tietr?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Log in to remove the advert

The elephant in the room

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The elephant in the room
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    https://youtu.be/rM1c1KGpw-0?si=nIYP9H7hL9Xpla00
    If you can get past the Celtic source, this is a damning analysis of the refereeing in Scotland that wholly favours one club, and where the press trust to cover it for commercial reasons.

It's almost impossible to review the facts presented here and not conclude that there is an institutional bias towards Rangers.
    From what I’ve listened to so far, it is a very interesting analysis of a well known problem.

BUT …

The one thing I can’t get my head around is if there is an institutional bias for the rangers then why does that institutional bias not ensure that the rangers only rival for the title, Celtic, is consistently denied to the same degree that the rangers benefit ?

If the institutionsal bias , unconscious or not , is to help the Rangers then why do Celtic get two bizarre penalties against at ER in Feb, why was Boyles trip in the box in the same game not even given a second look? There was nothing pro Rangers in that game.

Yes, the numbers stack heavily in the rangers favour but to me this is a an Old Firm issue and not just about the rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldoo View Post
    From what I’ve listened to so far, it is a very interesting analysis of a well known problem.

BUT …

The one thing I can’t get my head around is if there is an institutional bias for the rangers then why does that institutional bias not ensure that the rangers only rival for the title, Celtic, is consistently denied to the same degree that the rangers benefit ?

If the institutionsal bias , unconscious or not , is to help the Rangers then why do Celtic get two bizarre penalties against at ER in Feb, why was Boyles trip in the box in the same game not even given a second look? There was nothing pro Rangers in that game.

Yes, the numbers stack heavily in the rangers favour but to me this is a an Old Firm issue and not just about the rangers.
    Two ***** of the same cheek, just with one a bit more biased than the other, thats the way it is in Scotland.

BUT …

I tried to not see their total disregard for the fact that they also are treated differently to the rest of Scottish football but all along I was thinking "what about you's?"

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    The biggest thing for me is that, when presented with the data which is undeniable, the MSM don’t want to report on it in case it upsets their readership. That is absolutely staggering. They’re all in on it.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

About time the Sevco penalties for / not against was brought to the fore .

@hibs.net private member Salisbury Hibby's Avatar
    I thought the phrase "Little Motherwell" was particularly nauseating.

Some Celtic Fans make my skin crawl.

@hibs.net private member

BUT …

I think, as you listen further, you will find that the only outlier is rangers in every category. The averages are probably, artificially, a little high due to the rangers figures. If you took the rangers figures out Celtic would probably show above average but not nearly to the remarkable extent that rangers are. It is a staggering piece of research with only one “winner”.

Two cheeks they may be but only one shows up, well out of the expected curve, on this occasion, not even close to the other cheek. Utterly outrageous that one of our media outlets had not, at least checked the voracity of these figures and run with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Two ***** of the same cheek, just with one a bit more biased than the other, thats the way it is in Scotland.
    I think theres different levels of bias/favouritism and corruption. Theres a power dynamic favouritism where both teams benefit, probably partly refs scared to get a bad review in the weedgie press and not to get a brick through their lanarkshire window. Similar big team favouritism happens to a certain extent in most countries. Then theres a specifically anti celtic thing. Doesnt change the fact the rangers are the ones getting the bulk of the decisions.

Reform the refs system and sort it out, regardless.

I find it interesting that Rangers complain about a postponement and now we get hourly updates on pitch inspections from that particular club from Thursday tea-time.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    https://youtu.be/rM1c1KGpw-0?si=nIYP9H7hL9Xpla00
    If you can get past the Celtic source, this is a damning analysis of the refereeing in Scotland that wholly favours one club, and where the press trust to cover it for commercial reasons.

It's almost impossible to review the facts presented here and not conclude that there is an institutional bias towards Rangers.
    Haven't listened to it yet but it looks like this might be a part 2.

https://www.youtube.com/live/zPTRBDg...NGOlfBEPG0Nqn3

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Thanks for posting that.
    By far the best, most convincing and interesting assessment of this situation.
    Morrison is a Celtic supporter but he came across well as in wanting to present an accurate picture.
    The things I found most interesting about his presentation weren't actually the headline grabbing facts.

The downside, if there was one saw him only really interested in two clubs and the obsession with each other to the rest of us is a bore.
    I fully expect a Rangers supporter to produce similarly credible stats with a different conclusion.
    Interesting viewpoint. Did you find similarly. credible stats with a different viewpoint yourself, or was that just conjecture … from someone who is not “a Rangers (capitalised, lol) supporter”… interesting angle ..thanks for posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Haven't listened to it yet but it looks like this might be a part 2.

https://www.youtube.com/live/zPTRBDg...NGOlfBEPG0Nqn3
    Not part 2, dinnae bother listening unless you want to hear an hour of pathetic Cellik greetin'
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 05-04-2024 at 04:19 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Guy from the bank just called me about something and while talking he said did you know that last year over 75% of payments were contactless and I responded, mate that’s **** all, over 95% of rangers penalties were the same 🫨

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Guy from the bank just called me about something and while talking he said did you know that last year over 75% of payments were contactless and I responded, mate that’s **** all, over 95% of rangers penalties were the same 🫨
    Hahaha, ive just copied oasted that to mates, funny man