hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jair & Levitt

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew that could come back eventually! As I say I’d maybe had a few too many when I said that.

I just want to laddie to succeed, and I genuinely still think he could.
    Ultimately that's what we all want mate and it's actually quite admirable your still backing him. I just reckon that we've seen all we are going to with Jair and it's been a massive disappointment

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Life's too short to hate players!
    Yup

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    Youan was fine today .
    Jair was a man down, offers nothing, and runs about aimlessly, with no end product on any occasions, his shot at goal was utterly pathetic he panicked as usual.
    Can’t believe anyone still thinks he deserves any game time.

Bollocks, he shat it from at least 4 50/50s today, as well as giving the ball away and then there's the needless corner he gave away in the 2nd half too. He was in no way fine at all.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Bollocks, he shat it from at least 4 50/50s today, as well as giving the ball away and then there's the needless corner he gave away in the 2nd half too. He was in no way fine at all.
    He was fine in the way he set up our goal. Again.

Levitt was fairly decent in his loan spell at United but was bang average when they got relegated last season, he's continued his downward trajectory this season, he'll be playing English league 1 next season. Jair is one of those players that looks great against similar aged players but struggles when they step up to the big boys league, we've had a few who look great in the U18's but never take the next step.

That was me. A little bit of Dutch courage had been taken at the time but I still believe he can be a player for us.
    Credit to you Jones for sticking to your guns.

Most of us have posted a comment on here which gives us notoriety. This is one I remember and is definitely yours. Every time I see Jair in a Hibs jersey I recollect your comment. It was a hibs.net gem.

If Jair is sold for more than we got for Scott Brown (think it was £4.4m), you would have every right to start a thread on it's own giving it GIRFUY.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Again it comes down to what people expect from a Hibs player. If you're expecting your wingers to be as effective defensively as they are offensively (the reason they're in the team) then you're never ever going to be satisfied with our wingers. It just won't happen.

Seems to me that folk are expecting a lot more out of Youan than they do most other players in the squad. May as well slate Rocky for not having a goal for us yet whilst we're at it.

'As well as giving the ball away' wow. No Hibs player should ever do that.

The corner thing was dumb, can't argue with that and he probably could have went in for a couple 50/50's with a bit more determination. But the guy's in the team to score or assist. He does it regularly.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I was delighted when we signed Levitt, I thought he'd shine at Hibs but it's just not happened for him here. He's miles off a top four midfielder and on the majority of his appearances this season, I'm not convinced he's a Premiership midfielder.

Jair shouldn't be anywhere near the team based on his performances after the initial couple when he got his chance.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Add youan to that. With the ball he’s 50/50, without he’s absolutely f’n useless.
    Youan is one of our best players, full stop.

Perfect, not by any means, but miles and miles ahead of Jair and Levitt any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Youan is one of our best players, full stop.

Perfect, not by any means, but miles and miles ahead of Jair and Levitt any day of the week.
    Youan is frustrating but he impacts games in the final third. He’s never going to win a 50/50 but I didn’t have any issue with his work rate today.

Bringing Jair on was stupidity. He’s so ineffective you’re basically playing with 10 men. You’re taking off multiple players who are better than him.

The decision to take Youan off was also daft. Maolida was clearly absolutely done in and could hardly move by then. Poor subs today.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Credit to you Jones for sticking to your guns.

Most of us have posted a comment on here which gives us notoriety. This is one I remember and is definitely yours. Every time I see Jair in a Hibs jersey I recollect your comment. It was a hibs.net gem.

If Jair is sold for more than we got for Scott Brown (think it was £4.4m), you would have every right to start a thread on it's own giving it GIRFUY.
    Nah, it was 200k no?

😂
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Hahaha what?? What do you want from your forward players?

He's not a good defender. Never ever will be. How good at defending is Saka, Rashford, Son, Sterling, Sane... the list goes on.
    You've named plenty guys who are good helping their defenders. Saka played half a season at left wing back for Arsenal. Son works like **** for his team.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    You've named plenty guys who are good helping their defenders. Saka played half a season at left wing back for Arsenal. Son works like **** for his team.
    Saka is honking at defending, you just love Arsenal. Son might work like **** but he's also honking at defending.

Nah, it was 200k no?

😂

I think Jair has already shown this season that he is a great player to have in the squad (eg home match v Motherwell in January when he was a level above anyone else in either team ) . Was doing really well till new players arrived in winter window when he was relegated to bench . Can understand why big new January signings got their chance ahead of Jair but think it`s a bit unfair to now judge him on short sub performances in a losing team like today . Levitt ? I`m not so sure but again suspect he would be better if given a proper chance to prove what he`s worth .
    As for bringing Youan into thread , what are people expecting ? Would hate to see Hibs next season with no Youan , Jair or Myziane as I can`t see us signing much more entertaining players .

Saka is honking at defending, you just love Arsenal. Son might work like **** but he's also honking at defending.
    I don't love Arsenal. What a dumb thing to say. I've complemented a ****ing spurs player. I'm a Hibs supporter.

That's just nonsense. Yes, both are bad at defending 1 on 1 Vs a winger. But both press when they are supposed to, cover their space, hold the shape etc. Hibs wingers are largely headless chickens without the ball. There is a lot more to defending than tackling etc. you don't play for top sides without doing your job without the ball.

Hibs are so easy to get "out" against. We never really keep teams under consistent pressure.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 30-03-2024 at 08:37 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I don't love Arsenal. What a dumb thing to say. I've complemented a ****ing spurs player. I'm a Hibs supporter.

That's just nonsense. Yes, both are bad at defending 1 on 1 Vs a winger. But both press when they are supposed to, cover their space, hold the shape etc. Hibs wingers are largely headless chickens without the ball.
    You're at the very least fond of Arsenal. Didn't say you dislike Spurs, they don't go hand in hand unless you're a mentalist.

Youan pressed today and made a few good blocks. He's just as good at the defensive side of the game as Boyle or Maolida, but he get's lambasted much more than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyS View Post
    Ultimately that's what we all want mate and it's actually quite admirable your still backing him. I just reckon that we've seen all we are going to with Jair and it's been a massive disappointment
    We all do Mikey, imo it’s a Johnson legacy of giving him the big build up and the number ten jersey that’s contributed to it.

I don’t blame anyone who doesn’t think he’s good enough in fairness, it’s just my opinion that his expectations were set way too high from the off.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

You're at the very least fond of Arsenal. Didn't say you dislike Spurs, they don't go hand in hand unless you're a mentalist.

Youan pressed today and made a few good blocks. He's just as good at the defensive side of the game as Boyle or Maolida, but he get's lambasted much more than they do.
    Youan does press a bit and makes a few good blocks. He nor any of our players really do it consistently. I'm not personally singling out Youan. Him, Boyle, and Vente have put us under constant pressure Vs better teams this season by not holding it as well.

We are generally abysmal off the ball.

Gamer IDs

We all do Mikey, imo it’s a Johnson legacy of giving him the big build up and the number ten jersey that’s contributed to it.

I don’t blame anyone who doesn’t think he’s good enough in fairness, it’s just my opinion that his expectations were set way too high from the off.
    The number 10 jersey that the player didn't even want.

I don't blame Jair at all. He just isn't good enough to play at this level. I don't doubt he tries, trains well and is a good guy etc. But none of that really matters. What matters is ability and he just doesn't have enough of it.

He’s absolutely nowhere near boyle’s level without the ball mate. Sorry to chip in again but he’s not a patch. Boyle without the ball will burst a gut all game for his colleagues.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    We don’t bring him every week though?

Chucking him on at Ibrox is a strange one imo, probably down to Boyle not being fit.

I still think there’s a player in Tavares, I really want him to do well for us. He showed some extended quality when Montgomery first came in.
    I’ve a feeling it’s mibbie just me and you on this one. I think he needs to settle down, possibly trying too hard? But if Raimundo can’t sort him out the fair enough. I thought he looked lively after a fluffed start against Raith. Well taken goal and cross of Hanlons headed goal on a plate. Needs to show more in the first team appearances.

Is his partner Portugueses or Scottish? Becoming a first time dad is a big deal. But I don’t expect much in the way of understanding here… Players are robots.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 30-03-2024 at 08:54 PM.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Gamer IDs

He’s absolutely nowhere near boyle’s level without the ball mate. Sorry to chip in again but he’s not a patch. Boyle without the ball will burst a gut all game for his colleagues.
    Nothing to be sorry about, chip in, whole point in the place.

I think Boyle maybe gets back in support more, but I think Youan, when he does it, is more effective at stopping crosses and making tackles.

The number 10 jersey that the player didn't even want.

I don't blame Jair at all. He just isn't good enough to play at this level. I don't doubt he tries, trains well and is a good guy etc. But none of that really matters. What matters is ability and he just doesn't have enough of it.
    I genuinely would urge some to rewatch the Celtic game at ER, which I think might have been his last start, and ask what he did wrong.

He’s being touted for goal of the season on another thread.

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I genuinely would urge some to rewatch the Celtic game at ER, which I think might have been his last start, and ask what he did wrong.

He’s being touted for goal of the season on another thread.
    Hyped and thrown under a bus my our former manager who is now without a club and punting content on Linked-In (wonder what the take up has been)?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Jair as a rub a dub dub and then somehow gets on the pitch to save the game.

Ever thought you were being totally and utterly "played" and it's maybe what all of us deserve. 🤔
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 31-03-2024 at 02:40 AM.

Add youan to that. With the ball he’s 50/50, without he’s absolutely f’n useless.
    Yoan is our top goal scorer with 8 goals and top goal maker with 10 assists. He maybe extremely frustrating and capable of alot more but he is far from useless .
    Last edited by Is It On....; 31-03-2024 at 02:50 AM.

2 players with the heart of a mouse and you bring them on at Ibrox when we're chasing the game? shocking awareness from NM. Giving far too many chances to players who clearly arent good enough and its cost us a lot of points.

We don’t bring him every week though?

Chucking him on at Ibrox is a strange one imo, probably down to Boyle not being fit.

I still think there’s a player in Tavares, I really want him to do well for us. He showed some extended quality when Montgomery first came in.
    I'm sorry but he is brutal.

As long as Ian Gordon is in charge of the football department we will continue to sign awful players, we need someone running that department with football knowledge, not the owner of the football club.