hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Non OF clubs need to start their own league system

**** this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Never happen too many clubs rely on the old firm for financial takings.

@hibs.net private member
    Said for years get our own league as it stands the game here is corrupt in favour of 2 teams.

Black Knights and a few other seriously wealthy looking at a north Atlantic league to leave the arse cheeks to play with each other. They could just have the rest of the Scottish teams to form a new league while Hibs with 3 others along with more from The Scandinavian countries including Denmark, and a couple from Ireland, job done.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Black Knights and a few other seriously wealthy looking at a north Atlantic league to leave the arse cheeks to play with each other. They could just have the rest of the Scottish teams to form a new league while Hibs with 3 others along with more from The Scandinavian countries including Denmark, and a couple from Ireland, job done.
    How many fans would regularly travel to away games?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    How many fans would regularly travel to away games?
    With the money being put forward. Away fans not required, if folks can afford it then no problem, just as some go to overseas games right now.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Cant see anyone investing in such a venture involving Scottish teams without the cheek brothers being in it, sadly.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    With the money being put forward. Away fans not required, if folks can afford it then no problem, just as some go to overseas games right now.
    So it will be home fans only ( see the old firm games) and away fans have to subscribe to viaplay if they want to see any games???
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    So it will be home fans only ( see the old firm games) and away fans have to subscribe to viaplay if they want to see any games???
    That is the future of football or would you rather we stay with the same corrupt mince, that has been served up cold to us for the past 100+ years.

What did they say to Murdock all them years ago when he started investing in live sport?

Away fans, if they can afford to go on an overseas game every now and again would not be stopped from going.

The 2 cheeks, would be in the main European super league which will be happening like it or not, money talks.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Instead I’d encourage all non OF clubs to play their under 14 teams at all home games against them and sell all the tickets to them.

Then we can’t get penalised by the powers, we couldn’t really care less about the outcome, the young lads get good experience and we all get a bit of cash, they would hate it and I would love it . A free Saturday or Sunday without the unpleasant thought of having to face them in a competitive fixture

They can decide the league from their 4 games which is what they really want.

My rant didn’t take into account the affect on the confidence of our young lads so this is where my grand plan might fail ☹️

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    Instead I’d encourage all non OF clubs to play their under 14 teams at all home games against them and sell all the tickets to them.

Then we can’t get penalised by the powers, we couldn’t really care less about the outcome, the young lads get good experience and we all get a bit of cash, they would hate it and I would love it . A free Saturday or Sunday without the unpleasant thought of having to face them in a competitive fixture

They can decide the league from their 4 games which is what they really want.

My rant didn’t take into account the affect on the confidence of our young lads so this is where my grand plan might fail ☹️
    The fact teams aren't allowed to select 14 year olds is another flaw in your master plan too.
    Some people say I display apathy, but I don’t care what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Cant see anyone investing in such a venture involving Scottish teams without the cheek brothers being in it, sadly.
    Be creative. Set up our own PPV subscription network that gets you access to all sorts of material, highlights, and the like. Be self sustaining.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Yip. Absolute pie in the sky idea that will never even be considered let alone actually happen.

Any cross border leagues will involve the biggest clubs in each country, as that will generate the most revenue. Absolutely nobody is interested in the smaller clubs of Scotland, Denmark and Ireland playing each other.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    The fact teams aren't allowed to select 14 year olds is another flaw in your master plan too.
    Minor detail😂 I didn’t research and picked a random age ☹️

Overall the gist of my post is that I just want shot of them as they are becoming an irrelevance to me and I’m sure a good few others.
    Last edited by scm70nyd1973; 30-03-2024 at 05:34 PM.

they be the 1st from Scotland to be asked

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    they be the 1st from Scotland to be asked
    They, will be in the second tier of the Euro super league.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    **** this.
    It's a nice thought, but one that will never happen.

@hibs.net private member
    Honestly not salivating at the thought of playing Odds BK or Brann at Easter Rd with no away fans, sounds absolutely dull, give me hibs v Motherwell/Dundee Utd etc any day

This is 100% the solution to the joke that is Scottish football.

Famously a 2 horse race. And we’re all fed up with it. The two bigger clubs have 3-4 times the budget of biggest non old firm clubs (Hibs Hearts and Aberdeen) and in some cases maybe 8 or 9 times the budget of smaller clubs like Ross County and Livingston.

Throw up biased refereeing and it becomes predictable and boring.

Unfortunately nobody else wants the bigot brothers in their league. Bigotry and violence aren’t endearing qualities.

Don’t hold your breath folks

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post

Famously a 2 horse race. And we’re all fed up with it. The two bigger clubs have 3-4 times the budget of biggest non old firm clubs (Hibs Hearts and Aberdeen) and in some cases maybe 8 or 9 times the budget of smaller clubs like Ross County and Livingston.

Unfortunately nobody else wants the bigot brothers in their league. Bigotry and violence aren’t endearing qualities.

The SPL was created when the then top 10 resigned from the league to start a new top league (similar to the EPL in the early 90s). We aren’t beholden to keeping rangers or Celtic in our league. If the others had the guts, they could do the same again to set up a new league, and leave those 2 on the outside looking in. Let them play each other on repeat.

It won’t happen though, too many can’t see past them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post

Think you underestimate their financial advantage. If we had a third of their budget we'd be a lot better off. Celtic had over 110 million turnover last year. We had a tenth of that.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    As my old man has always said, those two could fill out their stadiums each week against each other without a ball being kicked, they just want to sing nonsense to each other for 90 minutes.

I would love for the rest of us to tell them they’re not wanted anymore and leave them to it. But we can barely call out their singing or the biased officiating these days never mind telling them we’re splitting up so it looks like we are all going to continue bending over and taking it dry.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by ionahibby View Post
    Never happen too many clubs rely on the old firm for financial takings.
    And this is one of the reasons why Scottish football is a mess.

Said for years all the non old firm clubs should break away and create own league. Old Firm then would be stuck and then need the other clubs. At this point renegotiate contracts and get clarity on officials / fixtures and demand things such as Hampden ends are always random not the same every time.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    And this is one of the reasons why Scottish football is a mess.

Said for years all the non old firm clubs should break away and create own league. Old Firm then would be stuck and then need the other clubs. At this point renegotiate contracts and get clarity on officials / fixtures and demand things such as Hampden ends are always random not the same every time.
    Absolutely spot on. Get it done, Foley.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    The SPL was created when the then top 10 resigned from the league to start a new top league (similar to the EPL in the early 90s). We aren’t beholden to keeping rangers or Celtic in our league. If the others had the guts, they could do the same again to set up a new league, and leave those 2 on the outside looking in. Let them play each other on repeat.

It won’t happen though, too many can’t see past them.
    We saw by the lack of support for our statement about behaviour at football grounds that too many clubs are afraid to speak out when it is the right thing to do.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I posted this in a furious mood after the penalty decision, and the more I think about it, the more I’m feeling apathetic towards the game in Scotland. Seeing as how it was always Scottish football that interested me, that’s translating pretty much to football overall.

VAR is one absolute killer of it as it’s just used as an excuse for “how can we give one of the Glasgow teams a penalty”/“is there a way we can spin that as a red card”, or “can we disallow that goal against them for any reason” (or so it feels). The women’s game up here, once exciting as different teams could compete has become more of the same. Nearing £30 a ticket for a game up here now.

It’s just not fun anymore, is it?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    **** this.
    As usual a post on this theme falls down the board quickly.

But I think - or maybe just hope - that people are starting to feel a bit weirded out by our game.

This repetitive nonsense, feels much like the fictional world created around the Truman Burbank character.

Day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year (I think you know what I mean), the same tabloid headlines, the same predictability in our league of two teams. the usual half witted punditry, pouring out the same cliches and desperately trying to make games like Celtic v Livingston look interesting.

How much longer can we maintain this charade? When do people reach a point of realisation and enlightenment and simply chuck it.

Plenty people don’t go to Old Firm games. Just look at the attendances and threads on here before and after those games.

Would actually be more keen on a ST which didn’t include games against them.

9 times out of 10 the outcome is predictable / the same.

Cup games against them are slightly different as a one off but league games I think more and more people are realising they would rather go to other games.

For example..

Hibs v Hearts is hibs main game of season at home.

Hibs v Aberdeen probably 2nd for many fans.

Old Firm games are probably much further down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    As usual a post on this theme falls down the board quickly.

But I think - or maybe just hope - that people are starting to feel a bit weirded out by our game.

This repetitive nonsense, feels much like the fictional world created around the Truman Burbank character.

Day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year (I think you know what I mean), the same tabloid headlines, the same predictability in our league of two teams. the usual half witted punditry, pouring out the same cliches and desperately trying to make games like Celtic v Livingston look interesting.

How much longer can we maintain this charade? When do people reach a point of realisation and enlightenment and simply chuck it.
    Not happening which is reflected in Scotland having the highest per capita football attendances in Europe season after season.
    We are mad for Scottish fitba!
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 01-04-2024 at 08:46 PM.

I posted this in a furious mood after the penalty decision, and the more I think about it, the more I’m feeling apathetic towards the game in Scotland. Seeing as how it was always Scottish football that interested me, that’s translating pretty much to football overall.

VAR is one absolute killer of it as it’s just used as an excuse for “how can we give one of the Glasgow teams a penalty”/“is there a way we can spin that as a red card”, or “can we disallow that goal against them for any reason” (or so it feels). The women’s game up here, once exciting as different teams could compete has become more of the same. Nearing £30 a ticket for a game up here now.

It’s just not fun anymore, is it?
    You can get an adult season ticket next season for less than 20 quid a game
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 01-04-2024 at 08:44 PM.