hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    I’d keep Marcondes on wages a bit above our best paid. Break the bank for Maolida , even a years loan. I like Triantis in CM and think he’ll be adaptable to l play CH if we sign a very good CH or two( which we must). Like NMW very much , should be on all game. I’d have him Triantis and Emilio as midfield 3 - Joe on bench.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I would be delighted if I never see Fish playing for Hibs again. We need wholesale changes of the defence, particularly at Centre Half. It would be worrying if we are pushing out the boat with the BK money to sign Will Fish ffs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure we should be pushing the boat out for either after yesterday's performances
    I’d take Marcondes back. Wouldn’t be giving him any more than our current top earner though.

Fish, couldn’t care less. He’s young, he’s good enough at this level but not much more than that. Definitely wouldn’t be shelling out a significant fee though.

Maolida, I’d be doing everything I could to keep him. He’s by a mile our best player and probably the best non old firm player in the league. Theres been absolutely no sign of an attitude problem from him either, as would have maybe been a concern.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 08-04-2024 at 10:34 AM.

First Team Regular
    Aye no chance should we be going after Fish this summer. Think we should be aiming for an experienced CB age or 28-30ish.

I'm not seeing what others see in Marcondes tbh and there is absolutely no way I'd be making him the highest earner by a distance.

Agree with those who identify Maolida as being the player in there is who is a level above.

Hibs have rarely managed to sign a solid experienced Centre Half. I liked Adam Jackson though and Big Rob.

But Monty exposes his centre halves by playing his full backs as wingers. He overloads the cornet flags for scant reward.

Obita was used in the vast majority of attacks on Saturday which achieved the square root of Hee Haw.

The first St Johnstone goal was from ball over the heads of the full backs. Far two much pressure put on the two at the back IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Hibs have rarely managed to sign a solid experienced Centre Half. I liked Adam Jackson though and Big Rob.

But Monty exposes his centre halves by playing his full backs as wingers. He overloads the cornet flags for scant reward.

Obita was used in the vast majority of attacks on Saturday which achieved the square root of Hee Haw.

The first St Johnstone goal was from ball over the heads of the full backs. Far two much pressure put on the two at the back IMO.
    We’re snobby about who we get IMO. We’re too concerned about getting centre halves who can play out or whatever. It’s Scottish football, first and foremost you need players capable of defending their box. Fish with a bit experience himself and beside him should be capable of doing that properly in time. We could have someone as good as Sauzee on the ball, waste of time if we concede whenever a ball is lumped in to our box.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I'm not seeing what others see in Marcondes tbh and there is absolutely no way I'd be making him the highest earner by a distance.

Agree with those who identify Maolida as being the player in there is who is a level above.
    I think he has alot of quality, but he’s just not showing it.

Some of his passes and how easy he gives possession away is just mental. Simple 5 yard passes.

He’s also got a bit of the than Porteous where he seems to blame others for his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

We need a proper DM who sits and covers when the wingbacks are attacking, Newell and NMW are not that type of midfielder.

Massive game for Marcondes today imo.

Not been as good as he should be of late, potential to be our highest earner or he’s trying to get a club better/pay more wages than us.

He needs to put in a performance that gives us a reason to give him a permanent contract in the money he’ll want.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Not been as good as he should be of late, potential to be our highest earner or he’s trying to get a club better/pay more wages than us.

He needs to put in a performance that gives us a reason to give him a permanent contract in the money he’ll want.
    Couldn’t agree more really needs to start creating things

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

Think he will score or assist today. Motherwell need to try and win so he should get space in their half.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Will Fish totally outstanding today

Well played Will

Marcondes not so sure now

Marcondes looks like he’s realised we’re **** and can’t be arsed any more

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Marcondes was awful today. If Tavares made half the number of poor passes he made today this place would have exploded.

A cut above? Meh, would rather sign Maolida.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Marcondes looks like he’s realised we’re **** and can’t be arsed any more
    Na, he is just *****. Scary folk thought he was better than Scotty Allan never mind the likes of Latapy. He is ****ing rubbish.

Really p****d me if he even tried to take the pen of Myziane.

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Really p****d me if he even tried to take the pen of Myziane.
    Second time he’s done that

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Marcondes has been a huge disappointment.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Both *****. End of
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Wouldn’t break the bank for Marcondes. ***** for a while now.

After a fantastic start when he joined us, Marcondes has been a huge disappointment. Clearly has the ability to be a class above but hasn't shown that in weeks

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    After a fantastic start when he joined us, Marcondes has been a huge disappointment. Clearly has the ability to be a class above but hasn't shown that in weeks
    He's been pish the past month or so. Really really disappointing.

No doubt have folk saying I just don't get football and he's so far ahead of the rest I just can't see it. Utter bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    He's been pish the past month or so. Really really disappointing.
    Think he’s been playing with an injury.

But I’d bin him and Fish if it means we have a chance of keeping Maolida

Makes you wonder if Marcondes has a deal sorted elsewhere and doesn’t want to get injured

Headless Chicken Marcondes there is a reason why he is at Hibs

Frozen pasta now.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Will Fish totally outstanding today

Well played Will

Marcondes not so sure now
    Agreed

Marcondes will get pesters after today but imo he’s just two mental steps ahead of most of the rest of the team, no idea why he didn’t shoot when he got it just inside the box and squared to Cadden mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Marcondes will get pesters after today but imo he’s just two mental steps ahead of most of the rest of the team, no idea why he didn’t shoot when he got it just inside the box and squared to Cadden mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If he's so far ahead of most why does he get caught on the ball so much and end up delivering **** all?