hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Classy response as per usual from you 😴 the fact you have taken a screenshot of his post and put it on your twitter ridiculing it is even worse Dave.
    Ridiculing a post on another platform where the author doesn’t have a chance to respond is pretty poor if true.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I think you might be broken fella.
    It’s quite far from the craziest opinion ever expressed on here, whilst acknowledging that Marcondes is good too.

Triantis has surprised a few of us with his ceiling of performance in midfield in the past couple of games, which has been very high. Yes, he’s had some ropey games at CH along the way too, but the statement isn’t really all that outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It’s quite far from the craziest opinion ever expressed on here, whilst acknowledging that Marcondes is good too.

Triantis has surprised a few of us with his ceiling of performance in midfield in the past couple of games, which has been very high. Yes, he’s had some ropey games at CH along the way too, but the statement isn’t really all that outrageous.
    The idea that triantis is the “real gem” in comparison to Emi is barking imo. He’s a CB slotting into an unnatural position and he’s done well. But he wouldn’t even play the majority of games with a full fit squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Ridiculing a post on another platform where the author doesn’t have a chance to respond is pretty poor if true.
    Is Twitter locked down? Thanks for quoting the post above. I’m glad the poster is an avid follower.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I think you might be broken fella.
    Said the very same on my post #37

Anyone that goes to the games can see that Triantes has been quality in midfield giving us composure and an added dimension

The fact he can play in two positions working out a deal or extending his loan might not be the worst idea ?

@hibs.net private member
    Marcondes has been decent. Wouldn’t be offering him anything outrageous. If he was willing to sign and match our current top earner then fair enough. I wouldn’t be offering him any more than that though.

Maolida though, I’d break the bank for. Fish, couldn’t really care less either way.

Also don’t necessarily agree with the Triantis shout but the idea it was a shout worth attempting to shame someone on Twitter for is miles off it and also terrible patter. Triantis hasn’t offered all that much less than Marcondes imo and on current form would be ahead of him in the ‘first name on the team sheet’ league for me.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Marcondes has been decent. Wouldn’t be offering him anything outrageous. If he was willing to sign and match our current top earner then fair enough. I wouldn’t be offering him any more than that though.

Maolida though, I’d break the bank for. Fish, couldn’t really care less either way.

Also don’t necessarily agree with the Triantis shout but the idea it was a shout worth attempting to shame someone on Twitter for is miles off it and also terrible patter. Triantis hasn’t offered all that much less than Marcondes imo and on current form would be ahead of him in the ‘first name on the team sheet’ league for me.
    I really don't know about Marcondes. Get he's just back from a serious injury, but he just seems really slow.

Maolida i totally get, if we can make that happen then we should. Same with Triantis, though don't think there's a slight chance of that happening.

I thought both were awful today tbh. In games like that we need our "big" players to turn up. Neither did

Maolida on the other hand, doubt we could ever get him permanently but there's every chance he'll end the season as our player of the year if he keeps this up
    Last edited by GreenNWhiteArmy; 30-03-2024 at 07:56 PM.

I agree with your Maolida shout fwiw.

If there’s any one of them worth breaking the bank for, it’s him.

The rest are all good players who would be worth signing permanently or taking on loan again if the terms of the deal were sufficiently favourable.

The size of the summer rebuild is pretty terrifying tbh and unless we do an awful lot of good, early business, some of our starters and fringe players could be pretty scarily poor relative to what is required.

Thought Marcondes was poor today. I think he’s been poor since Tynecastle really.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Thought Marcondes was poor today. I think he’s been poor since Tynecastle really.
    Very good pass to start the move for the goal IIRC, but had nowhere near the impact that I was hoping for overall.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Maolida is the only one of the loanees we should be trying to keep.
    But he’s the one we have practically zero chance of getting.
    Fish will end up in the English lower leagues for his whole career.
    Marcondes flatters to deceive against dreadful players but goes completely awol in bigger games.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    Marcondes flatters to deceive against dreadful players but goes completely awol in bigger games.
    Maolida is the kind of player I could see either of the OF trying to sign based on his Hibs performances.

Marcondes gets off with murder because of his reputation/past.

Had we signed him from and SPFL club I doubt many would be as kind

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

He works hard for that type of player to be fair to him but I wouldn't be breaking the bank.
    Last edited by wookie70; 30-03-2024 at 10:50 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Build the team around emilo

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Maolida is the player I’d really like us to keep but highly doubt it happens. Do any of our other players score that goal he did yesterday? I’m not sure. Strength, touch, composure. He’s got it all.

Marcondes has been good too and had an impact.

Send Fish back and don’t spend a penny on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Maolida is the player I’d really like us to keep but highly doubt it happens. Do any of our other players score that goal he did yesterday? I’m not sure. Strength, touch, composure. He’s got it all.

Marcondes has been good too and had an impact.

Send Fish back and don’t spend a penny on him.
    Maolida would be sitting on 20+ goals if he’d been here all season.

He came in unfit from hardly playing and now he’s playing through Ramadan and is still our biggest goal threat. He is the one that is a level above IMO.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Feel Marcondes is getting a bit of a hard time unfairly. He played a huge part in our goal and had several moments of quality that could have led to another. I think he's suffering a bit because people got way too excited after his arrival and were over egging how good he was, comparisons to Latapy etc.

He is still a very good player, mobility is his issue whether thats through his injury or just because he never had that much pace Im not sure.

As others say Maolida is on a different level, tremendous. He did cost us yesterday at the second goal by not tracking Cantwell, he's not without flaws.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    Marcondes scored and was brilliant at Tynie and helped set up a goal at Ibrox. Unfair to say he goes awol in bigger games IMO.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 31-03-2024 at 09:19 AM.

Marcondes yes absolutely.

Fish - honestly not bothered. Makes far too many mistakes within the 90 minutes that put pressure on the defence. We can do better.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Feel Marcondes is getting a bit of a hard time unfairly. He played a huge part in our goal and had several moments of quality that could have led to another. I think he's suffering a bit because people got way too excited after his arrival and were over egging how good he was, comparisons to Latapy etc.

He is still a very good player, mobility is his issue whether thats through his injury or just because he never had that much pace Im not sure.

As others say Maolida is on a different level, tremendous. He did cost us yesterday at the second goal by not tracking Cantwell, he's not without flaws.
    Think Maolida didn’t track Tavernier for goal one also.

Do some people really not want us tae sign Marcondes? He wasn't great yesterday but he is still a really good player and improves us all day long. Maolida would be a sensational signing too. Fish not bothered as much.

For an attacking mid, Marcondes worked his socks off yesterday, was back deep many times putting his boot in to win the ball back, it doesn't help a player like him when the team sits very deep to hit on the break, he has very good feet and brain on him. Would love to keep him and Maolida as both are quality, Fish I'm not too fussed about.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    Do some people really not want us tae sign Marcondes? He wasn't great yesterday but he is still a really good player and improves us all day long. Maolida would be a sensational signing too. Fish not bothered as much.
    I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say they don’t want us signing him.

All the chat though has been how much he’ll cost and how we’ll need to break our wage structure for him. I’ve even seen it suggested we sell Youan for a couple million to finance the deal. That’s the side of things where people aren’t nearly as into the idea.

I’d happily see him sign as one of our highest earners. I wouldn’t want to see us blowing huge sums of money on him and leaving us short elsewhere when he’s really been no more than pretty decent over the piece though.

Gamer IDs

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say they don’t want us signing him.

All the chat though has been how much he’ll cost and how we’ll need to break our wage structure for him. I’ve even seen it suggested we sell Youan for a couple million to finance the deal. That’s the side of things where people aren’t nearly as into the idea.

I’d happily see him sign as one of our highest earners. I wouldn’t want to see us blowing huge sums of money on him and leaving us short elsewhere when he’s really been no more than pretty decent over the piece though.
    Spot on there. Exactly how I feel about it as well.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Might surprise people to hear that Marcondes since coming in is usually topping the charts for most km covered in game (from a first team player).

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Might surprise people to hear that Marcondes since coming in is usually topping the charts for most km covered in game (from a first team player).
    He worked extremely hard yesterday, quite obvious that he put a real shift in, did a lot of the dirty work too.

Not sure we should be pushing the boat out for either after yesterday's performances