hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Fish and Marcondes

Looks like we are going to have talks with both players at the end of the season about keeping them even if our chances are probably pretty slim .

With them being here and enjoying their football hopefully that helps abit though . Two different positions though if we were to sign one I'd hope its Marcondes tbh .

It shows our club's ambitious in trying and even if we don't get any of them I do think over the last couple of transfer windows we have signed some very good players and will again this summer . Exciting summer ahead for the Hibees I think.🤞

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-deals-4570982

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Would love to see a leaner meaner fitter Marcondes with a decent preseason under his belt no doubt Emiliano is a talent

Fish has kicked on recently after a slow start imo

Would be great if we could hang onto both

First Team Breakthrough
    Would be great to keep Marcondes and especially Maolida. Not fussed for Fish.

@hibs.net private member
    I wouldn't want us to be in a position where we're waiting around for Fish to assess his options over summer.
    He's developed a lot over his time here but it'd be nice to have a permanent solution for that position, hopefully someone left footed to get Rocky playing on his preferred side as I think he's the better of the two.

Keeping Marcondes would be fantastic. I think there's so much more to come from him.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I'd be happy enough if we kept either/both, but only if it wasn't on ridiculous wages - which I'd imagine it would be. If we're talking record breaking wages, I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be great to keep Marcondes and especially Maolida. Not fussed for Fish.
    I think it's going to be very hard to keep any of them though what ever slim chance we have with Fish , Marcondes and possibly Triantis and it is slim btw , Maolida i don't think we have any chance of at all imo . Surprised your not fussed about Fish as I think the guys a quality player . They all are though.

@hibs.net private member
    Would be happy to keep both but it needs done quickly so we have time to recruit if needed

Would be happy enough with Fish and delighted with Marcondes.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    It very much doubt we'll be signing any of them.

Fish is probably our best bet. He hasn't progressed as I would have liked this season, but given his age and relative experience, he would be a very good permanent signing.

First Team Regular
    Fish is replaceable in a way that Marcondes is not. I'd love us to sign Marcondes, but I just don't see how we'll be able to meet his wage demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    Fish is replaceable in a way that Marcondes is not. I'd love us to sign Marcondes, but I just don't see how we'll be able to meet his wage demands.
    Agreed. Unless Bournemouth extend him and leave him here on loan

Really depends on what he has on the table.

I think we could probably offer him a reasonable wage with the investment etc. he’s clearly a good player who has improved us but I don’t think teams will be queuing up to offer him ridiculous money based on what he’s done here along with his injury history. Would be surprised if he’s here next year but don’t think it’s impossible.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I'd be happy enough if we kept either/both, but only if it wasn't on ridiculous wages - which I'd imagine it would be. If we're talking record breaking wages, I'd rather we looked elsewhere.
    That's where I'm at. Folk wanting to sign Marcondes on a few good games and a couple of okay ones. I'd keep my powder dry for a wee while yet.

We have, presumably, news access to a much larger scouting network. Hopefully there will be opportunities to use that to our advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Really depends on what he has on the table.

I think we could probably offer him a reasonable wage with the investment etc. he’s clearly a good player who has improved us but I don’t think teams will be queuing up to offer him ridiculous money based on what he’s done here along with his injury history. Would be surprised if he’s here next year but don’t think it’s impossible.

In a nutshell. We've obviously enjoyed him but he's not quite lived up to the billing yet and I doubt there are many teams willing to match his current wage. He may prefer to be the main man here rather than risk being a squad player at a higher level

Fish will end up on loan at a Hull or Birmingham I'd imagine. If we recruit properly then he shouldn't be missed.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    That's where I'm at. Folk wanting to sign Marcondes on a few good games and a couple of okay ones. I'd keep my powder dry for a wee while yet.

We have, presumably, news access to a much larger scouting network. Hopefully there will be opportunities to use that to our advantage.
    Agreed. If we’re talking huge wages for Fish, I’d want him to be performing at the level of the very best centre halfs I’ve seen play for us - whilst I do like him, and he’s been very good in spells, he’s not performed to the levels of the best we’ve had.

Similar for Marcondes - for us to be really pushing the boat out, I’d want him at least to be performing at the level of say, Scott Allan at his best for us. Again, he hasn’t hit those heights.

I’m not saying that neither could reach those levels, and all transfers are a risk - but the evidence so far for me, is that neither is worth massive wages by our standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Agreed. If we’re talking huge wages for Fish, I’d want him to be performing at the level of the very best centre halfs I’ve seen play for us - whilst I do like him, and he’s been very good in spells, he’s not performed to the levels of the best we’ve had.

Similar for Marcondes - for us to be really pushing the boat out, I’d want him at least to be performing at the level of say, Scott Allan at his best for us. Again, he hasn’t hit those heights.

I’m not saying that neither could reach those levels, and all transfers are a risk - but the evidence so far for me, is that neither is worth massive wages by our standards.
    Couldn't agree more with this, I really wouldn't be pushing the boat out to keep Fish, especially not on huge wages, if he was to leave I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep.

Marcondes I feel pretty much the same, he's really not delivered that much, he has been put out on loan by a club who Ryan Christie gets a game for every week I don't get the hype.

Maolida stands out a mile from our recent signings.

Monty saying we won’t break our wage structure even with Foleys money So if folk are right that Bournemouth are paying the bulk of his 18 grand a week we have no chance of signing him imo
    Maybe with a big signing on fee and making him our top paid player he might consider a contact that would see him say another season with a clause in any longer contract he is allowed to go for a fee after a year
    He is saying he likes it here but I also assume he wants to play with better quality players , so who are able to bring in may also play a part
    Waiting till end of the season will no dount mean he will have other suitors then so it’s a big ask
    But let’s wait and see what happens

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Couldn't agree more with this, I really wouldn't be pushing the boat out to keep Fish, especially not on huge wages, if he was to leave I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep.

Marcondes I feel pretty much the same, he's really not delivered that much, he has been put out on loan by a club who Ryan Christie gets a game for every week I don't get the hype.

Maolida stands out a mile from our recent signings.
    “Really not delivered that much” may I ask what else you are expecting. He along with Myziane have increased performance levels no end.

He’s clever, picks up space wherever he can, always showing, always talking players next to him through the game.

He’s miles ahead of many we’ve had lately.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post

a few good games? . I wouldn't mind a few more average players like him.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    “Really not delivered that much” may I ask what else you are expecting. He along with Myziane have increased performance levels no end.

He’s clever, picks up space wherever he can, always showing, always talking players next to him through the game.

Astounding that some don't see this tbh. Players like the don't play at Easter Rd very often.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    I think it's going to be very hard to keep any of them though what ever slim chance we have with Fish , Marcondes and possibly Triantis and it is slim btw , Maolida i don't think we have any chance of at all imo . Surprised your not fussed about Fish as I think the guys a quality player . They all are though.
    Mainly because Fish has had more bad games in a hibs shirt this season than good ones. The Forfar match he looked like a fish out of water against some journeyman striker. Jason Kerr would be a huge upgrade. Fish for me is just not physical enough for a centre half.

@hibs.net private member
    Mainly because Fish has had more bad games in a hibs shirt this season than good ones. The Forfar match he looked like a fish out of water against some journeyman striker. Jason Kerr would be a huge upgrade. Fish for me is just not physical enough for a centre half.
    Kerr would be a huge upgrade ? When was the last time you seen Kerr play, at St Johnstone ?

Fish may have his weaknesses but is still a young lad who is developing and learning the game every week. Also Fish has had more bad games than good games this season ? Dont agree with that

Kerr is a hibs fan though, get him signed, if he was a jambo there wouldnt be a peep on here about signing him

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Astounding that some don't see this tbh. Players like the don't play at Easter Rd very often.
    I agree, I think the guy is quality. I think with a pre-season in him he would be a different beast as I think he himself is still getting some rust off through playing here.

My only real complaint is that I'd have liked to have seen him set up a couple goals by now just because of the type of player he is, but I think that'll come.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Kerr would be a huge upgrade ? When was the last time you seen Kerr play, at St Johnstone ?

Fish may have his weaknesses but is still a young lad who is developing and learning the game every week. Also Fish has had more bad games than good games this season ? Dont agree with that

Kerr is a hibs fan though, get him signed, if he was a jambo there wouldnt be a peep on here about signing him
    All about opinions ultimately I think he’s vastly overrated and looks good on occasions because his partners at the back after often just as bad. Need two centre half’s and more physical and vocal ones.

@hibs.net private member
    All about opinions ultimately I think he’s vastly overrated and looks good on occasions because his partners at the back after often just as bad. Need two centre half’s and more physical and vocal ones.
    Of course and I respect your opinion but to rate Kerr as better than Fish, you see Fish week in week out based on your post above, why do you rate Kerr as better, you dont watch him every week ?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I’d be a bit concerned if we were to sign Fish, particularly if expensive to do so. Would mean we essentially would have the same defence next season (minus Stevenson & Hanlon, who rarely play anyway), and maybe Marshall, that has struggled all season and is amongst the worst in the league.

I think Fish is a bit like Hanlon. His ceiling is probably a decent SPL level defender with some good seasons and some not so good seasons. One who never quite fully convinces and never able to fully shake question marks about being bullied too easily.

What are his wage demands? What is he on just now?

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    What are his wage demands? What is he on just now?
    I'm not sure why people always ask this.

I don't think the poster is claiming to know his exact wage, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out he's likely on very big wages comparable to what we could pay. He's on loan from an establishment Premier League team, he's going to be on big money.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I’d be a bit concerned if we were to sign Fish, particularly if expensive to do so. Would mean we essentially would have the same defence next season (minus Stevenson & Hanlon, who rarely play anyway), and maybe Marshall, that has struggled all season and is amongst the worst in the league.

I think Fish is a bit like Hanlon. His ceiling is probably a decent SPL level defender with some good seasons and some not so good seasons. One who never quite fully convinces and never able to fully shake question marks about being bullied too easily.
    We won't break our wage structure for any of our loan players I think. I don't know what Fish is on wages wise , what he'd cost and even if he would stay , apparently championship club have been looking at him too so maybe we will have to look elsewhere though he's a good centre half who we will find hard to replace .

The other major factor is he's only 21 and is only going to get better imo and would make us money down the line . Glad we are going to at least have talks with Fish and Marcondes . Both have been good and improved us imo .

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post

I do like how Marcondes talks to players, and he has obvious quality, but do we, this league, suit him?

Fish is a strange one. He looks good in some games, Bambi on ice in others. Is it that just his age or is it just him? Tricky one, certainly wouldn't break the bank o over either of them.