hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he's so far ahead of most why does he get caught on the ball so much and end up delivering **** all?
    Very rarely has many options, to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Very rarely has many options, to be fair.

Aye, just the other nine outfield players.

Folk are acting like he's Kaka and playing passes into spaces where players should be. He's not, he's losing the ball constantly and getting caught in possession.

Empty both.

Fish was good today but his season is one to forget. He’ll cost us far too much money and there’s centre half’s out there not on Man Utd’s books who’ll improve the position that will cost less.

No chance signing emiliano, he’s not worth breaking the bank over and his loan spell has shown he’s not worth it

Marcondes will get pesters after today but imo he’s just two mental steps ahead of most of the rest of the team, no idea why he didn’t shoot when he got it just inside the box and squared to Cadden mind you.

No having that. He’s made no significant contribution for weeks. Maolida is well ahead of the rest of them but has contributed most weeks. Marcondes being ahead of the rest is just a poor excuse IMO.

Marcondes will get pesters after today but imo he’s just two mental steps ahead of most of the rest of the team, no idea why he didn’t shoot when he got it just inside the box and squared to Cadden mind you.

Some Hibs fans just fall in love with players like Marcondes before they’ve even done anything to justify it.

He’s been utterly woeful in most of his games for us and it has nothing to do with being ‘mental steps ahead’ of his team mates. That’s basically an excuse that he doesn’t deserve to have made for him based on zero evidence.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Both *****. End of
    Fish was very good today

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Marcondes has been a huge disappointment.
    Bit odd he gets kept on no way would i have taken Boyle off in front of him. Boyle wasn’t great but having legs to chase after defenders late on is quite important i would have thought when one up

Marcondes obviously has ability but he just doesn’t positively impact games which is hugely disappointing. Gives the ball away far too easily for someone who probably has more talent than most players in this league. Certainly not worth us paying more than we can afford for.

First Team Breakthrough
    I'd be looking to keep Fish, if the price is right. Think he is very good for his age and he will only get better.

With Marcondes, the entire team is built around having him in his best position and we've been awful. Not worth the money it would take to bring him in.

Fish is still very young, especially for a CH. He's 21. He's going to be inconsistent at that age at this level.
    He was good today. I think he'll go on to have a good career.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Bit odd he gets kept on no way would i have taken Boyle off in front of him. Boyle wasn’t great but having legs to chase after defenders late on is quite important i would have thought when one up
    The 93rd minute, a long throw is coming into our box and we have Marcondes as the man trying to win the first header 🤦*♂️

Sums up Montgomerys inability to see a game out. Crazy stuff

Testimonial Due
    I wouldn’t keep Marcondes. He shows the odd flash of talent but he doesn’t do enough. Maolida is excellent. I would work hard to keep him. Fish is a good young player. Again, I would keep. We’re going to need to clear a few folks out though. Starting with the manager.

It boggles my tiny mind that anyone wants to keep Fish. We don’t have the luxury of getting him in the hope that one day he will learn to be a defender, we need players who can operate at our level now.

Only way I would take him is if we immediately loaned him out for experience because if he is in our defence at start of next season then nothing will change.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Ones a young lad who’s not that great

Another’s a half decent player who’s getting overinflated premier league wages

Just for the life of me I don’t see where the hype is coming from regarding Marcondes. On an earlier thread his signing was compared to Latapy’s. Not in a million years for me anyway. But Hey Ho it is about opinions.

Marcondes didn't play well and hasn't for weeks but he set up 2 chances last week and 3 yesterday that weren't taken by the players around him.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wireless View Post
    Just for the life of me I don’t see where the hype is coming from regarding Marcondes. On an earlier thread his signing was compared to Latapy’s. Not in a million years for me anyway. But Hey Ho it is about opinions.
    Emiliano has real quality, at least as much as Maolida. However if he can’t translate that into goals and assists it’s of little use and a main reason we find ourselves in the bottom 6. Maolida is working with the same limitations around him as Emiliano but that hasn’t stopped him contributing in nearly every game he has played.

Emilia is going through the motions IMO.

Not much better than Levitt, hopefully neither are here next season

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Marcondes didn't play well and hasn't for weeks but he set up 2 chances last week and 3 yesterday that weren't taken by the players around him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Emiliano has real quality, at least as much as Maolida. However if he can’t translate that into goals and assists it’s of little use and a main reason we find ourselves in the bottom 6. Maolida is working with the same limitations around him as Emiliano but that hasn’t stopped him contributing in nearly every game he has played.

Emilia is going through the motions IMO.
    I think thats unfair, think he has been giving 100%. I think he is struggling with his mobility, looks devoud of pace and sharpness.

First Team Breakthrough
    Wouldn’t take either. Fish has been dreadful defensively. Marcondes is a myth. Hasn’t contributed since the derby.

@hibs.net private member
    I saw flashes of play in Marcondes play in his first game where I thought he would absolutely dominate games. Unfortunately he’s been very underwhelming since, an established EPL should be a stand out in this league and he’s been far from it. No danger we should be breaking the bank to keep him. We could probably get at least 3 quality additions with proven SPL experience for the money he’d be on each week.

I’m not fussed about Fish either way, show glimpses of great defensively play but has been an integral part of a defensive line that haemorrhages goals, and important ones at that. Is he part of the problem or is it coaching, team tactics…..I don’t know.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I saw flashes of play in Marcondes play in his first game where I thought he would absolutely dominate games. Unfortunately he’s been very underwhelming since, an established EPL should be a stand out in this league and he’s been far from it. No danger we should be breaking the bank to keep him. We could probably get at least 3 quality additions with proven SPL experience for the money he’d be on each week.

I’m not fussed about Fish either way, show glimpses of great defensively play but has been an integral part of a defensive line that haemorrhages goals, and important ones at that. Is he part of the problem or is it coaching, team tactics…..I don’t know.
    To defend Marcondes slightly, he isn't an established EPL player. He's played one Premier League game for Bournemouth. Played plenty in good championship sides though.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I’d get rid of them all apart from Maolida. They’re embedded in the loser culture that dominates this club.

We have a team and a club that is full of losers with a loser mentality.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by The Wireless View Post
    People blinded by the premier league tag. He’s been average for weeks, had a good start at Hibs when he had something to prove. Now it’s almost as if he thinks he’s above us tbh so he hardly tries his arse. In fact he spends half the game rolling about on his arse.

Also been a couple of times this season where it’s looked like he’s wanted to take a penalty off someone, Never been a fan of that. Think it was one of the Longbangers boys said about Marcondes that he’s on old firm level wages but looks so far off that level, he’d get nowhere near either of those squads on current form.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    People blinded by the premier league tag. He’s been average for weeks, had a good start at Hibs when he had something to prove. Now it’s almost as if he thinks he’s above us tbh so he hardly tries his arse. In fact he spends half the game rolling about on his arse.

Also been a couple of times this season where it’s looked like he’s wanted to take a penalty off someone, Never been a fan of that. Think it was one of the Longbangers boys said about Marcondes that he’s on old firm level wages but looks so far off that level, he’d get nowhere near either of those squads on current form.
    He was trying to get the ball off Myziane yesterday 🙄

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post

People always get blinded by the EPL tag. We had folk on here claiming it was unfathomable that we’d signed Kenneh and that he was an absolutely unbelievable player. I refuse to believe for a second that these folk had even seen him play considering he’d never played higher than Leeds reserves. As it was though, he was coming from an EPL team and anyone who didn’t buy into the idea he was going to be the next Patrick Vieira was clueless.

Fish will come good, still young, will be worth a fortune in a year or two. Good player there

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83

Fish and Marcondes

I wouldn’t take Marcondes. Not after the past five games. Total charlatan.

He hasn’t influenced games in the slightest,

Compare him to the wee Ross County lad who is just back fit. Bossed the midfield against Rangers today.

It’s so bad at Hibs I can’t even mind a marquee win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Fish will come good, still young, will be worth a fortune in a year or two. Good player there
    And that’s fine if he was our player, the issue is we need a different type of centre half at the moment.

Not developing Fish into that player.

I’d take him back on a permanent if he was partnered with an experienced left sided centre half, but not on loan.